** Oakland Night 2 Roll Call ***

Comments

• Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    Bobert said:
    I'm attending both Oakland shows. Haven't seen them since the awesome/epic show in Oakland in 2013. Should be fun! Come on 37-song set (though I'd have to scurry out early to catch BART like last time).
    we tend to leave a song early to beat the crowd...
    Blasphemy! 
  • apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 242
    In GA for both Oakland shows to finish out our California road trip. Driving our truck camper down from Montana and starting in San Diego, can't wait! 

Now, to find a safe spot to camp for two nights in Oakland...any locals have some beta? 

Nice plan!

We are staying near the airport.  I could always tell the front desk that its my camper out there in the parking lot.

Go Grizz!
    Very cool of you to offer! I would’ve taken you up on it but I think we’re all set now. Been an incredible roadtrip so far, can’t wait for the OAK shows! 

And go ‘Cats ;)
  • exploderballexploderball Posts: 171
    Does anybody remember where the outdoor merch booth was in 2013? The Oakland Arena website says the parking lot opens 2 hours prior to event start times, so it's unclear to me how this 1pm merch booth is gonna work out...
  • Crazy LarryCrazy Larry Posts: 184
    Anyone know how many tickets were sold for GA? 
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 519
    Bobert said:
    I'm attending both Oakland shows. Haven't seen them since the awesome/epic show in Oakland in 2013. Should be fun! Come on 37-song set (though I'd have to scurry out early to catch BART like last time).
    we tend to leave a song early to beat the crowd...
    Blasphemy! 
           !!! Lol!  ( i left early in 2013 Oak. Pearl Jam, - it was weird of me to do that. & hard to believe i did )
  • jeffhelvigjeffhelvig Posts: 6
    What time are folks showing up or to get in line for GA? The parking lots in Oakland are usually locked but should open a couple hours before the A’s game which starts at 6 PM
  • What time are folks showing up or to get in line for GA? The parking lots in Oakland are usually locked but should open a couple hours before the A’s game which starts at 6 PM

im plane land at 10 tonight and my hotel is across the street. if I can get access by foot ill be the midnight 

• lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,003
    edited May 2022
    This whole merch thing has just jumped the shark for me. Really want a license plate, but not gonna wait hours. If they have anything left inside that I like I will buy it. If not, oh well.

Probably gonna get there an hour or so before doors, so I can consume many parking lot beers before the show! Priorities.
    Post edited by lexicondevil on
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,757
    yeah, i'm going to the baseball game and will probably walk over during josh's set.  if i like the poster i'll get it later.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 942
    Handful of of Texans making the trek up to NorCal
  • andyzoffhegoesandyzoffhegoes Posts: 388
    edited May 2022
    anyone got an extrs ga for n2 but need one for n1
    Post edited by andyzoffhegoes on
    Heads up for everyone attending the Oakland shows. As you may not be aware, the Bay Area is going through a major COVID spike right now so I just received this email from the arena: 

COVID-19 EVENT REQUIREMENTS

All attendees ages 2 and older of events inside Oakland Arena MUST wear face coverings.

It is strongly recommended that all attendees ages 2 and older of events at Oakland Arena verify that they are fully vaccinated or have tested negative for COVID-19.

Visit here for more information.

Event Timeline: Thursday, May 12 at 7:30 pm

Doors Open: 6:00 pm

Entrances:  Main Plaza, East, North, South and South Tunnel for GA. 

Parking Open: 5:30 pm

Please note that parking fees must be paid with a cashless form of payment. We take Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Card as well as 'Tap to Pay'.

Box Office Will Call Open: 5:00 pm

To pick up Will Call tickets, please proceed to the venue's main Box Office located on the plaza level between Oakland Arena & RingCentral Coliseum.

Guests picking up Will Call tickets are required to show a valid photo ID in their name. The name on the valid photo ID must match the name on the Will Call ticket envelope. No exceptions to this policy can be made.

Bag Check: Bag check is not available.

Visit here for our FAQ page.

Cashless Payment: We are now cashless inside the venue, parking gates and box office. Visit here for more information. 

• Anyone know what the timeline is for PJ taking the stage? I'm assuming 7:30pm opener means 9pm showtime?
    "Speaking as a child of the nineties..."

It's been real, and it's been fun -- but it hasn't been real fun.

Ed!!! Bring back the stage dives!!!
  • jlindgren2jlindgren2 Reno Posts: 82
    Heads up for everyone attending the Oakland shows. As you may not be aware, the Bay Area is going through a major COVID spike right now so I just received this email from the arena: 

All attendees ages 2 and older of events inside Oakland Arena MUST wear face coverings.

It is strongly recommended that all attendees ages 2 and older of events at Oakland Arena verify that they are fully vaccinated or have tested negative for COVID-19.

Please note that parking fees must be paid with a cashless form of payment. We take Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Card as well as 'Tap to Pay'.

To pick up Will Call tickets, please proceed to the venue's main Box Office located on the plaza level between Oakland Arena & RingCentral Coliseum.

Guests picking up Will Call tickets are required to show a valid photo ID in their name. The name on the valid photo ID must match the name on the Will Call ticket envelope. No exceptions to this policy can be made.

Cashless Payment: We are now cashless inside the venue, parking gates and box office. Visit here for more information. 

Knew Oakland had the mask requirement still  (although not sure how much it's enforced at this point) but battery packs aren't allowed anymore?!  Guess I'll need to conserve my phone battery for that BART ride home.

• JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742

If you click on that link it takes you to April 22 that masks no longer required.. says highly recommended. Not surprised it is confusing
    JR86440 said:

If you click on that link it takes you to April 22 that masks no longer required.. says highly recommended. Not surprised it is confusing
    A lot has changed since April 22nd over here in the Bay Area. We’re in the middle of the biggest spike in COVID cases in all of CA right now. I had a buddy at the Paul McCartney show in Oakland the other night and he said they were removing people who were not keeping mask on. Mask will definitely be required. 
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    JR86440 said:

A lot has changed since April 22nd over here in the Bay Area. We’re in the middle of the biggest spike in COVID cases in all of CA right now. I had a buddy at the Paul McCartney show in Oakland the other night and he said they were removing people who were not keeping mask on. Mask will definitely be required. 
    Wow. What a joke..studies have shown these mask mandates have done nothing different than say Florida but those in control need to be in control 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,364
    edited May 2022
    JR86440 said:
    JR86440 said:

Wow. What a joke..studies have shown these mask mandates have done nothing different than say Florida but those in control need to be in control 
    That's why I insist my surgeon never wear a mask. 
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,003
    mrussel1 said:
    JR86440 said:
    JR86440 said:

That's why I insist my surgeon never wear a mask. 

Perfect response. :p
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
    edited May 2022
    JR86440 said:
    JR86440 said:

Honestly, studies are just like doing a Google search. You’re always going to find the data you’re looking for no matter what side you’re on. 
    so what are bars and restaurant's like then?  take out only, limited seating or normal?
    According to my cousin who is local. Everything is open. 50/50 mask wearing to no mask wearing. Follow the local lead, be good to each other, enjoy the shows.
  • WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 247
    I just hope they're still selling drinks (and letting you bring them onto the floor), because I hope to buy the biggest one possible and then take tiny sips until it's gone, at which point I buy another...wearing a mask when I'm fully vaxxed and had the Vid back in January is utterly absurd.
    ComeToTX said:
    so what are bars and restaurant's like then?  take out only, limited seating or normal?
    Restaurant’s are open and will probably have both indoor & outdoor seating options. You should be fine. 
    wearing a mask at an arena concert is peak covid theater.
  • WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 247
    ComeToTX said:
    I just hope enough fellow fans share your view...if 95% of people are wearing their Obedience Masks, then not doing so will be tough and enforcement easier. If a third or (come on, folks!) half of people aren't wearing them (as will be the case on Bart), then the critical mass will rule the day and everyone will have a good time. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,364
    ComeToTX said:
    I just hope enough fellow fans share your view...if 95% of people are wearing their Obedience Masks, then not doing so will be tough and enforcement easier. If a third or (come on, folks!) half of people aren't wearing them (as will be the case on Bart), then the critical mass will rule the day and everyone will have a good time. 
    Make your stand.   No way will you enjoy yourself otherwise. 
    What’s the word for tomorrow with Matt out?figured it out tonight. A little more time to prep for tomorrow 
    Calling Jack Irons!
  • Looks like Matt is out for night 2. Found this video from Oakland Night 1, Eddie says to upload drums videos to 10c to have a chance to play at night 2. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm2R464ufSY