Options

First Leg 2022 Pearl Jam posters

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,752
    KM73780 said:
    demetrios said:
    Found “Gallagher” and assuming that is Evangeline Gallagher who just did the eV & earthlings NYC N1 poster - 5/9 down haha
    Loved her EV tour poster.

I do too. Wasn't lucky scoring her variant. 
    That’s funny, hers was the only one I got haha

I had it right away in cart. I just couldn't get the next screen to load. It was so weird. Tried a few times. Nothing. Then it sold out.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,421
    I managed to get both Chicago AP’s, the Steve Thomas AP, the Gallagher AP, the Rifkin AP and the San Diego AP.  I whiffed on the Travis Price AP which is the one I wanted most.  🤦🏻‍♂️   I didn’t try for the rest.  

Some great posters this tour.  Hopefully they keep it rolling this spring. 👍🏻

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,035
    Yeah I tried for the Price and whiffed too. I don’t know why I never score from Ian Williams website. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,421
    KM73780 said:
    Yeah I tried for the Price and whiffed too. I don’t know why I never score from Ian Williams website. 
    Yeah… I have had zero success over there. 😖
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,840
    Secretly, I hope all of the posters are terrible. We have too many posters and not enough wall space as it is. Unfortunately, I'll probably like at least the shows we're at, and I have impulse control issues, so...
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    PinoyPJPinoyPJ Los Angeles, CA Posts: 194
    mpedone said:
    Secretly, I hope all of the posters are terrible. We have too many posters and not enough wall space as it is. Unfortunately, I'll probably like at least the shows we're at, and I have impulse control issues, so...
    same same.
    ride amongst the waves...
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,770
    Yep. I'm not even going to any shows but still love to see the posters. Especially 10c drops. Gets the blood pressure to skyrocket. Chasing pssts..cracking open a freshly shipped tube...the toxic ink fumes overwhelming my brain. What a rush.
    I need a new hobby.
  • Options
    FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 407
    Same here I’m addicted to that smell of a fresh new poster it’s crazy 
  • Options
    Flavafraz said:
    Oh me too. The strongest fresh poster smell I've experienced was Pearl Jam's Spokane 2013 poster. From the merch truck to the hotel room that ink was so powerful! 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Flavafraz said:
    Oh me too. The strongest fresh poster smell I've experienced was Pearl Jam's Spokane 2013 poster. From the merch truck to the hotel room that ink was so powerful! 
    My wife always knows when I am trying to sneak a new poster into the house...smells like a meth lab for a while.  There is a poster from the Eagles tour from a couple of years ago....like 2019-ish....that STILL smells when I open the portfolio book in which it is housed....
  • Options

• Options
    paylingpayling Seattle Posts: 294
    mpedone said:

You can always find wall space!
    PA
  • Options
    2 more weeks to go!
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,442
    payling said:
    mpedone said:

This is awesome. Feed that addiction. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    JamesNJamesN Fort Lauderdale Posts: 190
    payling said:
    mpedone said:

Maybe take that old & tired Sacramento '98 down and send it along - 

😂😂😂

Also spy that Munk One Charlotte 👍
    Wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well...
  • Options
    I'm seeing the band for the first time next month and have a question about how they sell posters. Are the posters only available at the concerts or do they sell a few on their website store? Also are tubes given out when bought at merch stands?

I'm used to how Metallica sells them where they put a few on their website store a day after a concert and the artists usually have their own sale a few weeks later.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I'm seeing the band for the first time next month and have a question about how they sell posters. Are the posters only available at the concerts or do they sell a few on their website store? Also are tubes given out when bought at merch stands?

I'm used to how Metallica sells them where they put a few on their website store a day after a concert and the artists usually have their own sale a few weeks later.
    At merch stand at show
    then the AP on the artists site a few days later.  
    Then pj.com if they still have show posters at a random unannounced date
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,770
    ^^Usually sell out fast at show/10c/AP if they are good.
    Enjoy PJ. You will love it.
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,840
    Loujoe said:
    Sometimes sell out faster if they're not good.

Pay attention to the message boards - either this thread or a new one will have previews of the poster before the show. If the poster's getting a lot of buzz (good or bad), it will probably go fast. If people are ambivalent, it'll be easier to get.

And, they usually have tubes at the merch stand, but not always. We bring our own.

"I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    Loujoe said:

+1
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,495

I bought a plastic expandable tube from Amazon with a strap to make it easier to carry around. It worked wonders for Ohana ant the EV show in Chicago. They have a few different styles. 
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,117
    edited April 2022

I bought a plastic expandable tube from Amazon with a strap to make it easier to carry around. It worked wonders for Ohana ant the EV show in Chicago. They have a few different styles. 

I just got one like that too, that is expandable up to like 38".  My cousin had it at The Home Shows, and it worked great in GA since it had a strap, and was fairly sturdy.
    Post edited by TA243471 on
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • Options
    TA243471 said:

I just got one like that too, that is expandable up to like 38".  My cousin had it at The Home Shows, and it worked great in GA since it had a strap, and was fairly sturdy.
    Mine was able to telescope down small enough to fit in my carry on bag on the flight back from Ohana and train ride back from Chicago, so I didn’t have to worry about losing it in the airport or train station. I was pretty stoked about that little feature.
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    No sperry that I could find
    Interesting...an artist friend of mine who lives in the Bay Area told me that Sperry was supposed to do one of the Oakland shows in 2020...I was kind of hoping that they didn't release it because it was still going to be used when the show was rescheduled....maybe (probably) my friend is a liar...  :)
    Your friend isn’t lying. Sperry was confirmed for OAK N2 and I was so excited at the possibility of finally having a PJ Sperry poster in my collection. But apparently they didn’t have his print in by the deadline, so it never saw the light of day. 

However, I have heard rumors that some in the poster community saw the print somehow and confirmed it would of been a doozy amongst collectors. Take that for what it’s worth though. 

I’m really bummed & can’t believe he isn’t doing one of the OAK shows. 
  • Options
    mattcoz said:
    demetrios said:

Love how they have completely different lists. Matching them up we seem to get 9, not sure who a couple of these are though.
    Brad Klausen
    Ian Williams
    Zeb Love
    Ward Sutton
    Ames Bros
    Evangeline Gallagher
    Zio Ziegler
    Romero?
    Arian Cox?
    I am hoping Zio Ziegler #2 is a little different than Zio Ziegler #1 (Oakland 2020).....
    I don’t want him near any of the shows I’m going to after seeing his OAK N1 2020 effort, my collection can’t withstand another eye sore like OAK 2013! 😂 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I predict both Oakland posters will be terrible to continue the streak for the Bay Area.  I can accept this if the shows are stand out! 
    Well I’m going to hope your prediction is wrong, but who can argue with the odds, 😂? With the exception of ‘00 and ‘09, the Bay Area has really  been given the short end of the stick when it comes to getting a solid poster. But I’ll keep my expectations low & my fingers crossed 🤞either way! 
    Post edited by Red Mosqito on
  • Options
    Just a few more days to go! 
    Can't wait!  :#
  • Options
    mattcoz said:
    demetrios said:

Love how they have completely different lists. Matching them up we seem to get 9, not sure who a couple of these are though.
    Brad Klausen
    Ian Williams
    Zeb Love
    Ward Sutton
    Ames Bros
    Evangeline Gallagher
    Zio Ziegler
    Romero?
    Arian Cox?
    I am hoping Zio Ziegler #2 is a little different than Zio Ziegler #1 (Oakland 2020).....
    I don’t want him near any of the shows I’m going to after seeing his OAK N1 2020 effort, my collection can’t withstand another eye sore like OAK 2013! 😂 
    I am the idiot who owns the Oakland 2013 and bought the Oakland 2020 because I would  have gone to the show.  I need an intervention...
  • Options
    pthomnpthomn Posts: 114
    if you are at a show and the poster sells out. search eBay right away, message some sellers who are selling the poster. good chance they are at the concert. you might be able to meet them right there and they might give a deal on the poster so they don't have to ship, worry about it arriving etc. it sucks paying over but at least you also see what you are getting. 
  • Options
    pthomn said:
    if you are at a show and the poster sells out. search eBay right away, message some sellers who are selling the poster. good chance they are at the concert. you might be able to meet them right there and they might give a deal on the poster so they don't have to ship, worry about it arriving etc. it sucks paying over but at least you also see what you are getting. 
    Interesting idea, I will keep it mind.