JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,928
    edited May 2022
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    Flavafraz said:
    Ya man I like Ian’s work too this one is puzzling how this got ok’d
    same, hes one of my favorites.  not doin it for me here though.  have to go back to CHI '18 since a PJ poster peaked my interest.  lotta duds along the way
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,956
    the addams family horse GIF
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,080
    Flavafraz said:
    Agree. It’s odd as his last three posters (Ohana Encore, Apollo and St. Louis) have been some of the very best of the last few years.
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,341
    Flavafraz said:
    If you’ve seen some of the recent prints, I think it’s pretty evident that the band doesn’t “okay” these. I think they give the artist a lot of latitude, which sometimes is for the better and other times for the worse. That said, I like this print. I’m a big horse racing fan so I dig this one!
  • Options
    FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 408
    Ya my issue isn’t so much the horse I get that but just the picture of the horse could of made a horse idea a little cooler looking 
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    Flavafraz said:
    Ya my issue isn’t so much the horse I get that but just the picture of the horse could of made a horse idea a little cooler looking 
    why the long face?
  • Options
    Flavafraz said:
    That is a very fair point!
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,695
    Could have been a skull. Everything other than the horse looks good. Love the pearl jam text
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 212
    Dumb question: How much do the posters actually cost at the shows (and is it always the same price, or does it vary)?

I really want to buy an Oakland for my son's first PJ show (his b-day is late May) and of course the only chance now since they were sold out by the time I got there is eBay, where they're almost $300. Just wondering how much of a markup that is...if they cost $100 at the show, I feel lame but not idiotic, but if they were $40 at the show, then I'll feel like a total idiot. Which is ridiculous, I either pay what they're going for or I don't get one, but psychologically I need to know how much of a bath I'm taking.
  • Options
    DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    I dunno - i kinda like the poster.  Looks old timey - like something you'd see on a wall in a Cracker Barrel, LOL.  
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,374
    I think $40 this year.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    Dumb question: How much do the posters actually cost at the shows (and is it always the same price, or does it vary)?

I really want to buy an Oakland for my son's first PJ show (his b-day is late May) and of course the only chance now since they were sold out by the time I got there is eBay, where they're almost $300. Just wondering how much of a markup that is...if they cost $100 at the show, I feel lame but not idiotic, but if they were $40 at the show, then I'll feel like a total idiot. Which is ridiculous, I either pay what they're going for or I don't get one, but psychologically I need to know how much of a bath I'm taking.
    Wait 6-12 months.  Many of these posters skyrocket in value immediately after but quickly fall off.  The poster market in general hasn't been as hot lately with the economy.  

They cost 40 bucks at the show (or maybe 45 now?)

Oakland 2 is a great poster, but I think you'll be able to find one for much, much less than 300 by the end of the year
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    Kearn5y said:
    Could have been a skull. Everything other than the horse looks good. Love the pearl jam text
    could of had this

• Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,096
    RS65573 said:
    I think $40 this year.
    $45
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,695
    Kearn5y said:
    could of had this

God no. Looks like rotten corpses 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,928
    Looks like the Night King's horse from Game of Thrones. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,981

Wait 6-12 months.  Many of these posters skyrocket in value immediately after but quickly fall off.  The poster market in general hasn't been as hot lately with the economy.  

They cost 40 bucks at the show (or maybe 45 now?)

Oakland 2 is a great poster, but I think you'll be able to find one for much, much less than 300 by the end of the year
    agreed....there will be a drop on this website once the tour wraps up. If you don't score there just wait a few months and you'll score one on ebay for $80
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    snowrider_04snowrider_04 Berkeley, CA Posts: 90

Posters were $45 in Oakland
    Live & Loud: A list of every concert I've been to.
    Vintage Four Wheels: If you like vintage cars.

2022: Oakland 1, Oakland 2 • 2018: Seattle 1 • 2014: Mountain View (BSB) • 2013: Philadelphia 1, Philadelphia 2, Oakland • 2011: Oakland 1 (EV), Oakland 2 (EV) • 2009: San Francisco (Outside Lands) • 2008: Berkeley (EV) • 2006: San Francisco 1, San Francisco 2 Mountain View (BSB) •  2000: Mountain View • 1999: Mountain View (BSB) • 1992: Stanhope (Lollapalooza)
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,421
    Maybe the AP version will be easier to get?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,208
    igotid88 said:
    Maybe the AP version will be easier to get?
    Think APs for all shows to date have dropped and sold out now except Oak1
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,208
    CopperTom said:
    Which artists are left?
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Thanks!  Very different styles.  
  • Options
    Something tells me the Tomo77 poster is going to be for Vegas. He does pretty much everything in red, black, and white per his instagram and I could see that fitting well with the something with the 4 suits of cards being red and black. That part ties into the show being in Vegas. I'm sure I'll be 100% wrong but just throwing it out there!
  • Options
    FlyBono24FlyBono24 Posts: 97
    Poster is trash....

Fresno St. Bulldogs shirt is great though!

If the Vegas show shirts have Raiders colors I will definitely get one
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    Something tells me the Tomo77 poster is going to be for Vegas. He does pretty much everything in red, black, and white per his instagram and I could see that fitting well with the something with the 4 suits of cards being red and black. That part ties into the show being in Vegas. I'm sure I'll be 100% wrong but just throwing it out there!
    Well, you’ve got a 50% chance of being right! But I agree with you that Tomo77 will do Vegas. His work just seems like it would fit in with Vegas. Either way I’m happy as I’ll be going to Sac & Vegas and looking forward to his seeing his poster. Something tells me it’s going to be 🔥🔥