I'm Done

Comments

• given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    I can’t understand the ticket gripes surrounding this tour

All of the added shows had almost 100% 10c success rate

People are failing to realize that the rescheduled shows were literally a lottery of very, very few tickets that someone else gave up over the last 2 years.  The lottery for every show not Camden, Vegas, Fresno and Sacramento happened 2 years ago

How hard is that to understand?

Dead on.  Also, the number of people who signed up for VF instead of 10C is truly astounding.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,112
    Good riddance. Don’t let the door hit ya on the way out. 
  • pistol3pistol3 Posts: 189
    JP218404 said:
    “I’m Done’ is the B-side of the missing Xmas single
    Followed by "I'm Gutted"
    VA Beach 8/3/00, Council Bluffs 6/13/03, St. Paul 6/16/03, East Troy 6/21/03, The Gorge 7/22/06, 7/23/06, Chicago 8/23/09, KC 5/3/10, St. Louis 5/4/10, Dublin 6/22/10, Belfast 6/23/10, London 6/25/10, EV Minneapolis 7/2/11, EV Tulsa 11/18/12, Chicago 7/19/13, OKC 11/16/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Pemberton 7/17/16, Missoula 8/13/18, San Diego 5/3/22, Denver 9/22/22, Sacramento 5/13/24, LA 5/21/24
  • quarterpastquarterpast Posts: 185

People are failing to realize that the rescheduled shows were literally a lottery of very, very few tickets that someone else gave up over the last 2 years.  The lottery for every show not Camden, Vegas, Fresno and Sacramento happened 2 years ago

It just stings a bit to get a 10c seat way in the back (with a low member number and only put in for reserved seats in Camden) and then see my usual 10c seats going for over $1000 per ticket on Ticketmaster “Premium.” Maybe it’s the new way, but give us a minute to adjust. And remember, low membership number means we’re cranky old people now. 
    rock bands may come and rock bands may go...
    but rock n roll will live forever! - ray davies
  • patkelly12patkelly12 Posts: 361
    The butthurt posts are bad. The cuckold ones are even worse.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125

It just stings a bit to get a 10c seat way in the back (with a low member number and only put in for reserved seats in Camden) and then see my usual 10c seats going for over $1000 per ticket on Ticketmaster “Premium.” Maybe it’s the new way, but give us a minute to adjust. And remember, low membership number means we’re cranky old people now. 
    This is a fair criticism. What happened in Camden with reserved seating is weird. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,814

The platinum thing is likely out of the bands control.  Those tickets exist for 99% of concerts on Ticketmaster.

If the trade off for them being able to secure most of the tickets for 10c is that they have to allow for 100 or so Platinum seats, then so be it.  I doubt they have much of a say on it.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945

I think this is one of the legit gripes fans have right now. After years of shows where the best seats went to 10 Club members based on seniority (even with the random selection for higher numbers for rows 1, 2, 9, and 10), to see this happen in Camden is a little concerning.

"I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,207
    JimmyV said:

This is a fair criticism. What happened in Camden with reserved seating is weird. 
    Vegas is being a little weird too with its 10c reserved situation.  Not as crazy as Camden though. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    JojoRice said:
    JimmyV said:

Vegas is being a little weird too with its 10c reserved situation.  Not as crazy as Camden though. 
    Is there any chance these people with the weird situations don’t actually have as low a number as they think? Maybe their membership lapsed one year and they didnt know or realize somehow
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    JojoRice said:
    JimmyV said:

Is there any chance these people with the weird situations don’t actually have as low a number as they think? Maybe their membership lapsed one year and they didnt know or realize somehow
    I had my doubts early on but it seems wide spread. And there is at least one guy with a 5 digit 10c number who seems legit and is back in the 200's. Something was off. 

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,935

You seem to have a fetish for the word cuckold.  You might be posting on the wrong website.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,831
    Gotta admit, I kinda want Watt & PJ to crank out a Unfullfilled/I'm Done xmas single.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,702
    on2legs said:

You seem to have a fetish for the word cuckold.  You might be posting on the wrong website.
    I noticed too, but was hesitant to point it out for fear of being called one!  :D
  • Hey Guys, 
    Boom!!!
    I just scored my seats in NYC! 

But I had to sell my kidney to get in… 
    Some Ticketmaster guy payed cash for it! 

With the spare change from that transaction,
    I’ll be able to buy two chilly dog and a PJ poster…

:D 

Dji
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    JR86440 said:
    PlaLEash said:
    That's it, I'm giving up my ten club number, everyone gets to move up 1. I'm sick of this crap. I have been in the club for 20 years, it used to be worth it. Always had access to great seats. Now its a complete mess. Done!
    Unless you wanted only MSG you should have received tickets to pretty much any other arena/city
    No, NOT true. I wanted tix for Camden. I have been a 10 Club Member, well originally since '93 but life situations mean I got disrupted not once, but twice in being a consistent member, so now my # is whatever you got if you joined around 8 or 9 yrs ago.

I was completely shut out of the 2020 lottery... the Earthlings lottery... and this one for 2022 now. No Fan Club tix, no verified fan codes (I tried!) and by the time you get to public onsale now, there are 2 obstructed view seats left at most places.

It is NOT only about MSG.
  • Lowlight11Lowlight11 Posts: 271

Exactly and honestly there was still a fair amount of winners out of the original dates too
    If there was almost 100% success rate then my friends and I are super unlucky. I know 6 people that put in for Camden including me and none of us got anything. 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    JH6056 said:
    JR86440 said:
    PlaLEash said:
    That's it, I'm giving up my ten club number, everyone gets to move up 1. I'm sick of this crap. I have been in the club for 20 years, it used to be worth it. Always had access to great seats. Now its a complete mess. Done!
    Unless you wanted only MSG you should have received tickets to pretty much any other arena/city
    No, NOT true. I wanted tix for Camden. I have been a 10 Club Member, well originally since '93 but life situations mean I got disrupted not once, but twice in being a consistent member, so now my # is whatever you got if you joined around 8 or 9 yrs ago.

I was completely shut out of the 2020 lottery... the Earthlings lottery... and this one for 2022 now. No Fan Club tix, no verified fan codes (I tried!) and by the time you get to public onsale now, there are 2 obstructed view seats left at most places.

It is NOT only about MSG.
    It’s the only show in the northeast that was new… 2023 will probably have more near you. Try again then. It will be okay
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • djsmootdjsmoot Posts: 126
    Don't bust the OP's balls for this gripe.  I get it.  It is frustrating.  If the shoe was on the other foot you would probably feel the same way. It is harder to get tickets these days.  I have a 117xxx number and got shut out of 3 shows in the 2020 lottery Nashville, St Louis, and OKC) and then got shut out of 2 shows this time as well.  It was the 10C presale, not the ticketmaster verified fan sale.  My wife has a much higher number than I do and got shut out with her requests both times as well.  We were trying to get St Louis and Nashville this time around. 

Yes, I will be ok.  Yes, I understand it is only a show.  Yes, I understand it is a lottery. Touring with the band for a few shows, seeing different parts of the country, meeting up with PJ friends, and attending charitable events is one of the most enjoyable things that I do and have done over the years, I am disappointed as well. 

In society, seniority often has it perks.  I pay my employees more money that have worked for me longer.  If I have to pay a new person a similar wage, I give the staff with more seniority more money.  It is ok to have an expectation that seniority and loyalty should have perks. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,169

The platinum thing is likely out of the bands control.  Those tickets exist for 99% of concerts on Ticketmaster.

If the trade off for them being able to secure most of the tickets for 10c is that they have to allow for 100 or so Platinum seats, then so be it.  I doubt they have much of a say on it.
    Yeah, some people need to learn how to be better consumers. I have a low number and the trend of GA and platinum seats coupled with rising prices means it's just not as valuable as it used to be. I'll see them once or twice in the northeast and move that extra $ to a handful of club shows.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662
    Hey Guys, 
    Boom!!!
    I just scored my seats in NYC! 

But I had to sell my kidney to get in… 
    Some Ticketmaster guy payed cash for it! 

With the spare change from that transaction,
    I’ll be able to buy two chilly dog and a PJ poster…

:D 

I'm sorry, but the members of this band should be ashamed of themselves to allow tickets to be sold for over $3,500.00 each.
    And don't say "It's Ticketmaster". the band agreed to it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 503

AMEN! The amount of bitching and moaning is truly unbelievable. 99% of it is from people that simply haven't taken the time to understand the process, particularly the fact that probably 80-90% of these tickets (Absent the newly announced shows) were sold 2 years ago. 
    wsimon74 said:

AMEN! The amount of bitching and moaning is truly unbelievable. 99% of it is from people that simply haven't taken the time to understand the process, particularly the fact that probably 80-90% of these tickets (Absent the newly announced shows) were sold 2 years ago. 
    5% of MSG tickets had been refunded was the estimate we heard. Everything else was held onto for two years. Have a feeling Baltimore would have been similar and just as hard to get now. 

• PlaLEashPlaLEash Posts: 75
    edited March 2022
    I have been in over 20 years, I was just frustrated and threw that number out there. I got shut out of all the 2020 10c shows, then again on this time around as well as the EV solo shows. No I didn't just pick msg. In the 2016 shows I ended up nowhere near where we used to get seats. Its frustrating to pay for a service that is supposed to supply you with better seats and the opportunity to get in the "front of the line". Give me all the crap you want, I've seen plenty of shows and had a great time at every one. I will still look for opportunities to get to one of these shows on the aftermarket. I just don't see the point of the 10c anymore.
  • Lowlight11Lowlight11 Posts: 271
    JimmyV said:
    wsimon74 said:

5% of MSG tickets had been refunded was the estimate we heard. Everything else was held onto for two years. Have a feeling Baltimore would have been similar and just as hard to get now. 
    I wish they would have done something for us Baltimore peeps that held our tickets until they were refunded. First shot at Camden maybe? I don't know, but getting shut out of Camden on both the Ten Club and the Verified Fan Sale really sucks. All we got was them holding onto our money for two years I guess. 
    JimmyV said:
    wsimon74 said:

I wish they would have done something for us Baltimore peeps that held our tickets until they were refunded. First shot at Camden maybe? I don't know, but getting shut out of Camden on both the Ten Club and the Verified Fan Sale really sucks. All we got was them holding onto our money for two years I guess. 
    I'm hoping they play Baltimore on the next tour and give us priority then. 

• mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    edocon said:
    I remember the F5 days (e.g. the VIc show in Chicago) for getting tickets during the work day. I don't miss that one bit. It seems PJ is getting more tickets than ever to 10c members. I like that we typically have the better part of a week to consider/plan what shows we can attend. Maybe I've been extremely lucky and some others perhaps extremely unlucky, but I've scored more often than not for shows I've requested - in both small markets and large markets. 
    Yeah, I think a lot of people look back on those days with rose-colored glasses. They were HELL, for both us and for 10C staff. They didn't have the resources to be able to handle the demand on their servers then and it would probably be even worse now.

• FC28207FC28207 Posts: 71
    edited March 2022
    “I’m hoping they play baltimore on the next tour and give us priority then”

They would film a live video at the show and 75% of the time is different takes of “buckle up” to make sure the director “got it”
    Post edited by FC28207 on
    1. Red Rocks '95, second night starting on chairs
    2. buncha others, doesn't really matter
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 519
    joseph33 said:
    I miss the good old days of waiting in line at a ticketmaster outlet or venue office to get hard tickets.
         oh the anxiety i used to get . or there were people in line, then the store would give out numbers, like a lottery- and that would mess up the established line of ticket purchasers, when said store featured a Bass Ticket outlet
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 519
    JP218404 said:
    “I’m Done’ is the B-side of the missing Xmas single
                 LOL!!!