Options

Going to first P.J. show. Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,146
    You run the risk (however slight) of getting both and charged for both. But, I think you can sell one in F2F? If you really want to get in, reserved increases your chances. 

Also, sign up for the verified Fan through Ticketmaster. It can be tough but I’ve gotten tickets for  other artists that way.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    If doing GA, head over to the “Stone side.” Center of the GA fills up quickest, then Mike’s side. The “Stone side” is much more chill. I’ve managed to get to 3-5 people back from the rail several times without waiting all day in line, or pushing/being an ass to get up front.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,799
    edited March 2022
    Hi everyone! Thank you so much for the advice, and anything more anyone has is always appreciated! Just another quick question: Should I also enter the pre-sale for the St. Louis show in case I don't get the Nasheville show? I cannot afford to be charged for both shows, but the chances of me getting tickets for one show, let alone two, are pretty slim yes? So would it be a safe risk? And if I don't get tickets for a show via pre-sale, what should I do? Sorry for all the questions lol, I'm only 16 and have never gotten the change to go to a real concert due to low funds and living in the rural South so I wanna be prepared!
    It is very unlikely that you get STL second priority and would likely be a throwaway pick. These are already sold out shows and refunded tickets are the only thing being available in this lotto so the odds are going to be very slim.

One thing to consider is fan to fan will be starting up so you would get money back either way if you got two pair. No timeline for fall shows though for fan to fan has been given. Also if you strike out in the presale this is the means you will need to go to get tickets. Good luck!

Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    Sign up for the verified fan TM sale as a back up and put in for both shows w/10C. Since both of the shows you are considering are rescheduled dates, you will probably only get your first choice show and not both. Even if you got picked for the second show,  if you had insufficient credit limit the transaction would be cancelled anyway so why not leave yourself as many options as possible?!?
    If you don’t get lucky in the lottery draw keep your eye on the Given to Fly section of the forum to see if anyone has a spare or stalk the fan to fan exchange  closer to the show date. Peoples plans change and extra tickets often become available in the day’s leading up to the show.
    At the show be kind to your neighbors and enjoy the show in person, not through the camera of your phone.
    Good luck OP and welcome to the party.
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    Hi everyone! Thank you so much for the advice, and anything more anyone has is always appreciated! Just another quick question: Should I also enter the pre-sale for the St. Louis show in case I don't get the Nasheville show? I cannot afford to be charged for both shows, but the chances of me getting tickets for one show, let alone two, are pretty slim yes? So would it be a safe risk? And if I don't get tickets for a show via pre-sale, what should I do? Sorry for all the questions lol, I'm only 16 and have never gotten the change to go to a real concert due to low funds and living in the rural South so I wanna be prepared!
    1st off. congrats on making the jump to a live PJ show.  If you are a late-to-the-party fan, it will be a religous experience.  That said.  Be prepared to be disappointed by the lottery.  as mentioned these are re-scheduled shows.  PJ fans rarely turn tix back in.  Verified Fan for both, cross fingers and toes.  If you get into VF sale, take 1st tix you can get, snooze you lose. PJ is not a fan of Deep South ( TX, LA, MS, AL, etc). If not this go round, pick a cool destination and make it an event. Patience and persistentce are the keys to PJ tix.  best of luck.  Hope to see you at a show soon (OKC will be an easier option fwiw). 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    my wife is 4'11" and 3/4 lol, and she hates the floor for all arena shows, unless we manage reserved in the first few rows (never happened). we got floor GA for the Foo in 2005, and we had so stand so far back for her to see, we would have preferred reserved 100 level. 

I will never get rail. Ever. I just can't wait in line that long. I just won't do it. I wouldn't even have done it in my 20's. 

the best seats for someone in your situation is lower bowl, closer to the stage, mike/jeff side (left side of the stage-they're more active and animated than Stone/Boom), but those seats are the hardest reserved seats to get. 

oh, and take in every minute. don't get sucked into the merch scene. you're going to love it. 

even if you get bad seats, you didn't get bad seats. it's a pearl jam show. if you're in the building, you've scored the time of your life. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,849
    GT, Main rules of thumb: Be kind and have fun. If you have access to alcohol and that's your thing....go easy on it, if at all....this is an experience you'll want to remember.

re: tickets....both of the shows you're going for are gonna be tough to pull tickets. You'll be lucky to get one of them. Nash will probably be even harder than StL, so consider putting StL as your first choice.

re: seat selections: Select both options. Given your height and it being your first show....seats are your best bet, IMO, even if they're more remotely located.

Last and not least, PJ fans are a awesomely crazy tribe. Chat up the folks around you....many will have lots of PJ-related stories that they'll be glad to share.

Good luck w/ the ticket lotto and have a blast!!
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,772
    If you can only afford to buy one show, just make sure you check all options for Nashville. If you only want to do GA, then Nashville and St Louis are probably slim enough chances you'd only get lucky with one of them.

And if you miss out on either, make sure you got Verified Fan if you can. And if nothing works in your favor, the Fan 2 Fan Exchange they'll open up later will give you more opportunities as I'm sure people will see what they get in the lottery and possibly put a few tickets back out there.

Best of luck!
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    No worries, I was 17 when I went to my first concert. It was Pearl Jam at Alpine Valley and it changed my life, heh. I really hope you get tickets and that you enjoy the hell out of it. If you don't have the funds to buy both, I'd say just sign up for one in the presale. You can sign up for the Ticketmaster verified fan sale for a second chance. Then, if that doesn't work out, there is the fan-to-fan exchange. Unfortunately there's no direct trading between fans. I got to go to many concerts in the past because of the great people in this fan club that sold me their extra for face value. Good luck!
  • Options
    Others have said it, and i agree totally. For your first PJ show, and your first ever show, it's better to go for seats than GA. 

You'll see them again, because you will be amazed by what you witness, and then you might want to try GA.

Best of luck and enjoy!
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 675
    It's also required that you go to the bathroom during Even Flow. 
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Beware of Even Bros!!!!!!!
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,988
    16 . What a great age  do G.A .
    I would queue up as long as you  can at that  age. Get mike side and enjoy the  picks rain down.  With youth on your side it will be a life changer 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I would queue up as long as you  can at that  age. Get mike side and enjoy the  picks rain down.  With youth on your side it will be a life changer 
    See, the thing is, due to horribly embarrassing reasons [i can't drive and the concert is out of state so my mother is going to the concert with me and is refusing to queue for the line early OR let me do it by myself] i can't really wait for a long period of time. is it still worth it d'you think?
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 450
    See, the thing is, due to horribly embarrassing reasons [i can't drive and the concert is out of state so my mother is going to the concert with me and is refusing to queue for the line early OR let me do it by myself] i can't really wait for a long period of time. is it still worth it d'you think?
    Yes-it is STILL WORTH IT. 
     (I hope your mother will see Pearl Jam live/ in concert with you, too. At your age, you might not think it is ideal, But-you'll be glad you DID.) SEE PEARL JAM LIVE. 
  • Options
      My granddaughter is my plus 1- & we went and saw Pearl Jam live @ Ohana Encore last Oct.1&2nd (2021) and had a blast! It was her first time seeing Pearl Jam live-. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,988
    Maybe mum can watch from further back and you can move forward nicely. If you dont get a pick or whatever you are hoping. I will send you one.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,477
    Maybe mum can watch from further back and you can move forward nicely. If you dont get a pick or whatever you are hoping. I will send you one.

Classy!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    GA tickets for Nashville will probably be next to impossible to get. As others have said, the only tickets up for grabs are from people that took refunds. I'm pretty sure most people didn't take refunds. Add in that Nashville might be the 2nd most in demand show of the tour (after MSG of course), due to the lack of midwest shows and it being a Friday night show.

All that said, don't stress about whether you're too short for GA. My wife is 4'10" and has had a great time at GA in shows. Yeah you're viewing is compromised, but it's always a good time and you can find ways to make it work!

Finally - I would agree that it would seem next to impossible to get seats for both shows. But you have to understand it is possible and be prepared for that double hit to your cc - however unlikely. Good luck!
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Someone else said it but 
    - if you’re in the building it’s a win.  They don’t tour often and demand is going to exceed the supply greatly.  So if reserved choice gets you in the 300 section then rock out like you were in the pit.  Did you add reserved for Nashville as another choice?  If you guys can swing it I do agree that adding another show is a good idea.  Maybe OKC?

-be nice to everyone.  My wife is 5’3 and had some giants in front of her at a JoJo show recently.  She asked nicely and they were nice enough to move to help her out. Most PJ fans are nice. Try to make conversation with your neighbors as soon as you get there. It’s so fun.  

-we have no idea how many shows this band is going to do in the future.  These tour excitement threads and tour rumor threads should not be taken for granted.  Hope everyone has fun.  I can’t wait. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,234
    Be prepared for the initiation.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Be prepared for the initiation.  
    yeah-that's why you gotta go early
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    Start doing some basic bicep and tricep exercises for the Alive fist pump.   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,873
    edited March 2022

I've seen Pearl Jam twice with my mom. The first time, I dragged her to the show super early so that we could wait in line to get our tickets (a friend led me to believe this would mean better seats, but I think we misunderstood how the process worked at the time). I've always felt bad about that, but she did get to wave to Eddie as he rode around the parking lot on his bicycle, so I think she was okay with it. Basically, do what you can to get tickets, and just enjoy the music.

Also, invest in some good ear protection. It seems antithetical, but it can make things sound better, and you'll actually be able to hear normally after the show.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Start doing some basic bicep and tricep exercises for the Alive fist pump.   
             ^ ^ ^ & sets of  calf raises, for on tippy-toes viewing, The five against one finger exercises- & arms raised in a "V", 15 to 30 minutes every other day, while listening to as many live Pearl Jam recordings/ bootlegs as possible.  
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,834
    Yes on earplugs. the ones shaped like upsidedown trees work well. The foam ones muddle the sound for me. I can't wait til I turn 16. Mentally.
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,873
    Loujoe said:
    Yes on earplugs. the ones shaped like upsidedown trees work well. The foam ones muddle the sound for me. I can't wait til I turn 16. Mentally.

Yup - we bough some nice ones back in 2018. Saw Foo Fighters w/ Dinosaur Jr and both PJ shows at Fenway. Sounded great, and was able to have a normal conversation afterwards.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    If you want along the rail, be prepared to camp overnight. I'm not joking. They allow for breaks to go to the bathroom and get food, but keep breaks rare and brief. Also offer to buy your line neighbors some food if you're going.

There's always some idiots who think they can make a line appearance for 15 minutes then disappear for 5-6 hours to shower and nap. Don't be them.

Whatever you take in line (cards, guitar, headphones) probably won't be allowed inside the venue other than wallet, keys and phone. Be prepared to toss it or run it back to your car.

If that doesn't appeal to you, hit up the Wishlist pre-party. Look on Facebook or here for more info. Basically, a bunch of fans get together to raise money for a good cause while eating and drinking before the show. Sometimes there may be an age requirement or maybe a very small cover fee. This stuff gets announced in advance. There's always a silent auction and/or raffle of various PJ and related things. If you don't have anything to donate, it's totally fine. But feel free to make a bid or buy some tickets.

The outdoor merch lines will be long. Get there very early and be prepared to wait. Once again, make breaks brief and rare. A wait of 2-3 hours in line may not be unusual. The other way is to bumrush the doors and go to an inside merch stand then carry your stuff with you during the show.

There's a group on Facebook called "So Many Poster Tubes!" Look them up. See if anyone near you has a tube. While tubes are sold, there shouldn't be a need to buy one.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    mpedone said:

I've seen Pearl Jam twice with my mom. The first time, I dragged her to the show super early so that we could wait in line to get our tickets (a friend led me to believe this would mean better seats, but I think we misunderstood how the process worked at the time). I've always felt bad about that, but she did get to wave to Eddie as he rode around the parking lot on his bicycle, so I think she was okay with it. Basically, do what you can to get tickets, and just enjoy the music.

Also, invest in some good ear protection. It seems antithetical, but it can make things sound better, and you'll actually be able to hear normally after the show.

IIRC, the 2003 tour had tickets allocated in blocks by member number. The earlier someone got their tickets, the better they were in their pre-assigned block.

By 2009 (definitely by 2010), that system was abolished. By 2010, it didn't matter when someone got to the window.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options

You should be able to sell either set of tickets via F2F.

And register for Verified Fan now.