Disgruntled International Fan

Guys, I love ya... been a fan from the start... but you've really got to start looking after your International fans.
I literally saw the Rearview Mirror reissue message pop into my inbox as I was online, got excited, but it was already sold out  :|
Why are all the special offers for US only.... you have millions of fans worldwide yet we get none of the perks or offers (TEN CLUB tickets yes, and thank you, but thats it).
No coloured or special vinyls... no access to the recent daily offerings on social media... nothing. Id personally happily pay for international shipping if I could get to the offers quick enough cos remember we are also in different time zones for those quick to go offers, so generally no chance.
COME ON... look after us a bit better please... there are huge numbers of us out here feeling neglected. 
Also I'll add on... When are you going to come up with some new tees? Especially the limited number on offer to Internationals. They are pretty sad and old. 
Still an avid fan tho... albeit a disgruntled one. 

Comments

• nuzzer1nuzzer1 Posts: 1,437
    @Univer-Sal - could you order from Walmart? 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,521
    nuzzer1 said:
    @Univer-Sal - could you order from Walmart? 

no because they don't ship outside of the united states... lol.

US peepz not realizing how good they've got it, and how hard it is to be international :)
  • I agree.   The UK / Euro store is basically mothballed at this point and I’m sick of paying the international shipping premium on everything I buy.   I passed on the coloured RVMs for this reason.  Will grab the standard black vinyl editions (available outside the US in March, allegedly) instead.   

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,247
    I can agree with this thread. I would be frustrated too if I lived outside the US. Maybe the band or someone in the camp will read this and try and make it up in some positive way.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,256
    Maybe next time when huge box office stores like Walmart & Target who sell exclusive Pearl Jam items that only ship to USA addresses, what 10club should try to offer is the next sale something like this happens is to only sell / ship their 10club stock to international mailing addresses only.

It would make A LOT of international 10club members happy if this was offered, to help out.
  • I totally thought this thread was going to be about providing reasonable notice of upcoming tour dates.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,159
    As an Australian fan I often question why I even bother sometimes. We get nothing! it really frustrates me that we don’t get to celebrate and enjoy this great band. And in this day and age being on the other side of the world shouldn’t really make a difference. It stinks. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Most of us in the USA miss the random daytime drops as well. This one seems more  a case of Walmart doesn't ship internationally. That's not really on 10 club.
    edited February 2022
    Well, maybe the 10 club’s ‘random daytime drops’ are not the way to go. If I was Walmart what would I care about international customers. The 10 club are a PJ Fan Club, they need to do more to look after international fans who are a part of their fan club! One of the main reasons I’m also in 10club is to access tix. The band haven’t toured here since 2014. It’s fair to say that people do get a bit disillusioned at times.  Sometimes you lose a bit of faith. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,112
    edited February 2022
    You don’t HAVE TO be a fan of the band. You don’t HAVE TO buy all the stuff. Quit complaining. Presumably, you became a fan of this band because you liked listening to their music, not because you liked buying all this stuff. To be upset that you missed out on spending money on a piece of colored plastic that has songs on it you’ve already heard doesn’t make sense to me. 
    Post edited by KM73780 on
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Well, maybe the 10 club’s ‘random daytime drops’ are not the way to go. If I was Walmart what would I care about international customers. The 10 club are a PJ Fan Club, they need to do more to look after international fans who are a part of their fan club! One of the main reasons I’m also in 10club is to access tix. The band haven’t toured here since 2014. It’s fair to say that people do get a bit disillusioned at times.  Sometimes you lose a bit of faith. 
    Yeah I get it. Honestly I think the limited amount of items is the real issue for that. If 10,000 people want something and you only release 1,500 pieces - you're going to leave a lot of people missing out.

When they released the Eddie Vedder fresh press vinyls a couple weeks ago, that was the first random daytime drop I've gotten in a few years. Most of us can't sit there and play around at pearljam.com while we're working.

Anyway, I hope you guys get your long overdue Aussie tour soon.
  • Can they please remove those football shirts from the EU store?! They've been there nearly 4 years! Unless they're waiting for this year's World Cup of course...
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London O2 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London O2 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, Hyde Park 8/7/22, Hyde Park 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • False_BeliefFalse_Belief Posts: 763
    edited February 2022
    KM73780 said:
    You don’t HAVE TO be a fan of the band. You don’t HAVE TO buy all the stuff. Quit complaining. Presumably, you became a fan of this band because you liked listening to their music, not because you liked buying all this stuff. To be upset that you missed out on spending money on a piece of colored plastic that has songs on it you’ve already heard doesn’t make sense to me. 
    Bizarre take to lob at a bunch of people who’ve parted with money to be part of a fanclub but  ok.  

This is about international members wanting a bit of equity, given that their 10C memberships cost the same as US memberships.   This is a completely valid complaint irrespective of your wider views on consumerism.   
    Post edited by False_Belief on

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    I agree.   The UK / Euro store is basically mothballed at this point and I’m sick of paying the international shipping premium on everything I buy.   I passed on the coloured RVMs for this reason.  Will grab the standard black vinyl editions (available outside the US in March, allegedly) instead.   
    Even if the UK / Euro store does stock something worth buying, it only benefits UK customers as it costs more to ship international from the  UK / Euro compared with 10c. Really is a waste of time
    Kearnsy
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited February 2022
    As an American fan who lived overseas for close to a decade I certainly get the frustration generally.  However I really do think these past two releases should be viewed separately from that 

fresh pressed: clearly seems to be an attempt to rectify the regular vinyl delays to get something pressed and turned around quickly.  Timing and the intent to get it to fans around the release date may have had something to do with it being US address only.  

RVM. That’s a Walmart release.  I assume the record label and Walmart came to that deal.  It’s supposed to be exclusive to Walmart.  10c is sort of separate from that, but they managed to get ahold of some of walmarts allocation anyway, and the 10c website in the pictures even have the Walmart sticker on them.  I think the fact the fan club got any of another retailers exclusive release shows that they were trying to offer options to fans.

TBH with the domestic shipping costs from 10c being more than Walmart shipping I would have been totally ok if the 10c RVM was restricted to international only.  Domestic fans could have gotten either and I suspect the overwhelming majority picked Walmart  anyway 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • jstu39jstu39 Posts: 145
    I get some of the frustration, but you knew the band was based in the US. If I’m a fan of the English Premier League it’s tough for me to say ‘hey can you play your games at a different time, it’s really inconvenient for me in the US’. That being said, the OP wasn’t threatening or demanding, so I don’t think there’s anything wrong with stating your issue. It seems PJ values their worldwide fans so hopefully something can be done to make everyone feel they are part of the club. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125
    Plenty of disgruntlement to go around these days. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • BigrfishBigrfish Posts: 260
    Be patient... You may not end up with a pretty piece of colored vinyl but I'm sure you will end up with these releases on black in the near future. Nor will you pay thru the nose for them. Swore off ordering thru 10C after No Code/Yield reissues. Cost me $90 CDN shipped for those two and waited 2 months for them to arrive. A week later I got both(spite buy) off Amazon.ca for $45 CDN shipped to my door. Pretty sure we will see Lost Dogs and LO2L on black at some point as well.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    I'm just gruntled
  • KM73780 said:
    You don't HAVE TO comment on sensible things that doesn't make sense to you.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,271
    As an American fan who lived overseas for close to a decade I certainly get the frustration generally.  However I really do think these past two releases should be viewed separately from that 

fresh pressed: clearly seems to be an attempt to rectify the regular vinyl delays to get something pressed and turned around quickly.  Timing and the intent to get it to fans around the release date may have had something to do with it being US address only.  

RVM. That’s a Walmart release.  I assume the record label and Walmart came to that deal.  It’s supposed to be exclusive to Walmart.  10c is sort of separate from that, but they managed to get ahold of some of walmarts allocation anyway, and the 10c website in the pictures even have the Walmart sticker on them.  I think the fact the fan club got any of another retailers exclusive release shows that they were trying to offer options to fans.

TBH with the domestic shipping costs from 10c being more than Walmart shipping I would have been totally ok if the 10c RVM was restricted to international only.  Domestic fans could have gotten either and I suspect the overwhelming majority picked Walmart  anyway 
    Fresh pressed wasn’t US only.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Horse2345 said:

Fresh pressed wasn’t US only.
    I thought it said “us addresses only” on the product page.  Maybe I mis remembered 
  • At least you’ve got tour dates. 
    KM73780 said:
    You sound disgruntled at the disgruntled, that’s a double disgruntler! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    And to be honest I don’t feel that as a member I’m ‘entitled’ to anything that the band does or releases, however I just don’t think it’s an even playing field. Not all members have equal access to ‘these drops’ or limited run of releases. 
    Maybe there needs to be an international membership where you pay less for ten club access? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • KM73780 said:
    Hot take culture. 

Astounding lol
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125
    At least you’ve got tour dates. 
    This is GOLD!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    I can see the OPs point if this was a Ten Club exclusive. No Code Clear, Eddie Vedder Fresh Press, the list goes on. The drops arent good for some timezones. Even competitions are often not open to anyone outside the US which is poor when we all pay our memberships. However...this, Purple Ten, Coke bottle Ten are more the Ten Club trying their best to get some for members. I dont know what other fanclubs would do this. They should be praised tbh.

Saying that.. the postage price and sales tax through 10c is far too much for this if you are outside the US. Really you will probably be cheaper buying on ebay or discogs. If Walmart are the only ones selling these for the next 6 months in the US there will likely be plenty to go around. 
    Its just a reissue and looks like there will be plenty of black copies about. I would be more than happy to pick up black copies in March and send to anyone looking.

• guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    Should be able to get it in the uk/euro shop at the same time tbh... Let's face it with the computers and stuff nowadays this should be able to be done.... Overwise what's the point of having the uk/euro shop at all...