Disgruntled International Fan

2»

Comments

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited February 2022
    Should be able to get it in the uk/euro shop at the same time tbh... Let's face it with the computers and stuff nowadays this should be able to be done.... Overwise what's the point of having the uk/euro shop at all... 
    If it was purely a 10c exclusive I would agree but it just seems like a small batch 10c have secured which in itself is surprising.
    This coloured version is a US exclusive. I dont think its really intended for other territories. Sounds like Walmart have struck a deal with the distributer to sell RVM exclusively at Walmart in the US for x amount of time. The coloured vinyl just seems like a marketing gimmick for it.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • I think it's  more than ok to ask the question why.
    Nobody is saying more than why?
    Always  people feel the need to comment about entitled or the  band is American  . Thats not the issue at all.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234
    Even People in the US live in different time zones, so most releases come out at the same time, per your time zone.  some of us just get used to checking during the classic times.  Missed out on lots, and gotten plenty.  This is a World Wide band.  Get used to that.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,472
    I think it's  more than ok to ask the question why.
    Always  people feel the need to comment about entitled or the  band is American  . Thats not the issue at all.
    Exactly. The ‘American band’ replies really annoy me. International fans pay a membership fee too, and get less for it (US-only competitions, 5am merch drops, it’s been 8 years since the last Aus/NZ tour…) so we have the right to voice opinions on this.
    Nobody is asking for any special treatment, just an equal chance.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,118
    edited February 2022
    Saying "they're an american band" signals things I do not want to even think about. Icky stuff.

But, the fanclub do in how they are handling things tier up the fanclub with international fans being a in a lower tier than american fans. We pay more for our memberships and at the same time they steer contests and the shop towards american fans.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,281
    goldrush said:
    Exactly. The ‘American band’ replies really annoy me. International fans pay a membership fee too, and get less for it (US-only competitions, 5am merch drops, it’s been 8 years since the last Aus/NZ tour…) so we have the right to voice opinions on this.
    I suppose your issue in Aus/NZ is that there is not really a single time of the day that suits all corners of the world. Given the relative size of the fan base it suits the maximum number of people dropping Merch when it works for Europe and North/South America.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662
    ^ I don't think they are steering drops towards American fans, they do the drops while they are working.
    They are in Seattle, so drops will happen during PST (or PDT) working hours. Is that a disadvantage for some folks? Of course. But should Ten Club staff report to work at 2AM local time for a drop, then next time there's a drop report at 5AM then next time 11PM etc. to make it equitable for the time zones around the world?  Not really feasible.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,281
    Poncier said:
    ^ I don't think they are steering drops towards American fans, they do the drops while they are working.
    They are in Seattle, so drops will happen during PST (or PDT) working hours. Is that a disadvantage for some folks? Of course. But should Ten Club staff report to work at 2AM local time for a drop, then next time there's a drop report at 5AM then next time 11PM etc. to make it equitable for the time zones around the world?  Not really feasible.
    Agree. My guess is 95% of the worldwide fan base is in US, Canada, UK, Germany, Holland, Italy etc so makes most sense to drop stuff in the morning PST time. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,118
    edited February 2022
    Make/have enough to last 24h then.

Oh my, problem solved.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • jstu39jstu39 Posts: 145
    goldrush said:
    I live in the US and I dislike the fact that drops happen during business hours as I am at work and always miss out. I would prefer off hours. The American based band does simply refer to operating hours, shipping fees and such, so it is a big part of the issue. I agree people can ask why, but then allow people to respond. I work in a business that ships overseas and it’s much more difficult to open that option as if you ship to some you have to ship to all, and many areas have hurdles related to customs and other local restraints, especially in areas experiencing conflict. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125
    There is no perfect system but everyone has the right to be frustrated when things are frustrating. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,314
    Saying "they're an american band" signals things I do not want to even think about. Icky stuff.

But, the fanclub do in how they are handling things tier up the fanclub with international fans being a in a lower tier than american fans. We pay more for our memberships and at the same time they steer contests and the shop towards american fans.
    Just move bruh 
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited February 2022
    Maybe they should do lottery (like tickets) for limited vinyl drops.  24 hours or specified time limit to enter lottery after psst by Santos.  Then if you are chosen, then you get the vinyl.  Separate US and International drops if that is needed.  That way it’s not first come first served.  This would be the fairest way to do it, but more costly for the band.  Therefore, likely increased price of the vinyl.  But if only available as Tenclub exclusive, then people shouldn’t bitch about the price.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Well, more discussion than I expected, but some great ideas here that hopefully may be read. Like the lottery idea PP193448 ;)  
    Im still a happy fan, with or without the coloured vinyls, but it would be great to just have the opportunity to get a toe in the door to purchase this stuff and be able to partake in some comps. After all you can get vinyl pressed and t.shirts made in other countries. 
    That being said I can't wait to catch them playing at Hyde Park, London in July. Ten Club rules for that, and it is first and foremost about the music. 
    By the way... to my fellow antipodeans... I too hope they get to Oz and NZ soon... Im from down that way.