Options

Pearl Jam - Live on Two Legs - 2LP Clear Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,520
    I've been waiting for this for so long. I'm not a RSD line stander so I hope to be able to get this online after the fact.
    With the numbers that they announced, I don't think you will have issues finding a copy online. 
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    I've been waiting for this for so long. I'm not a RSD line stander so I hope to be able to get this online after the fact.
    With the numbers that they announced, I don't think you will have issues finding a copy online. 
    Numbers, dates, all subject to change. I have to say though that I cant think of a single clear LP that sounds great.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,951

You'll be able to get this online. Keep an eye out from 10Club. 
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    FR181798 said:
    Numbers, dates, all subject to change. I have to say though that I cant think of a single clear LP that sounds great.
    UHQR Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    Is this only in the USA. Cheers 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited February 2022
    MedozK said:
    FR181798 said:
    My clear (smoke swirl) Catch a Fire from a few RSDs ago is surprisingly stunning.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    MedozK said:
    FR181798 said:
    Yeah sorry I tried to change it to "that I have". Also thats Kind of Cheating :) would expect that to sound good.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,307
    Anyone else wondering how they can repress LO2L and Rearviewmirror, but we have to wait 6 months to get Earthling on vinyl?
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,165
    tdawe said:
    No pressing numbers I can see. This could be a tough one. 
    More than 20k being pressed. Might not be too hard. 
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited February 2022
    goldrush said:
    Anyone else wondering how they can repress LO2L and Rearviewmirror, but we have to wait 6 months to get Earthling on vinyl?
    I thought  it was odd they are being released so close together.  Possibly one or both were supposed to be out a while ago and this is just when they finally got pressed. 

Earthling vinyl order may have been well after those ones were already in the pressing queue 

but apparently the printing delays for the jackets are even worse than the actual vinyl.  Either way though I’m guessing that’s what happened 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,494
    GlowGirl said:
    Sometimes I like standing in line for RSD. I end up talking to people and buying RSD releases that I wouldn't normally have gotten due to their telling me more about them. Of course, that means I end up spending more money than planned - but doesn't that always happen anyway?

If I were younger and my local shop wasn't a half hour away, I might reconsider standing in line, but no... :)
  • Options
    I hope that's true!
  • Options
    demetrios said:

I usually go to Discogs, 10C shipping is ridiculous. I'm glad I got the Rearviewmirror from Walmart since it was free shipping vs. the 10C $20 shipping.
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited February 2022
    demetrios said:

I usually go to Discogs, 10C shipping is ridiculous. I'm glad I got the Rearviewmirror from Walmart since it was free shipping vs. the 10C $20 shipping.
    Unless it’s getting mailed priority which it isn’t the shipping is too high. 

I would pay those shipping costs or a bit more happily though for expedited shipping.  So to me the issue is less about a specific cost but more the combination of speed and cost and the fact it’s not that close to the actual postage 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    goldrush said:
    Well my guess, is that Sony owns and is in charge of all these re-releases, they have more pull than 10C and want that money knowing ppl will buy them. I doubt PJ is pushing all these old re-releases, they just jump on the $ train.
    Has PJ re-released anything since they moved to their own label...?
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    demetrios said:

Unless it’s getting mailed priority which it isn’t the shipping is too high. 

I would pay those shipping costs or a bit more happily though for expedited shipping.  So to me the issue is less about a specific cost but more the combination of speed and cost and the fact it’s not that close to the actual postage 
    Yep, they use UPS mail innovations, which takes forever, even further not justifying their outrageous shipping. You're right about it not even being close to actual costs. You can mail a record via media mail for around $5.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    dankind said:
    MedozK said:
    FR181798 said:
    My clear (smoke swirl) Catch a Fire from a few RSDs ago is surprisingly stunning.
    Yeah, I agree, I have a number of clear records that sounds great.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,272
    goldrush said:
    I'm assuming they put the order in a long time ago.  I get the feeling at this point if you want something to come out for next years RSD you need to plan it shortly after this years RSD.

It sounded like EV's album was recorded quite quickly last summer, not sure how long it took to master/mix after.   I'm guessing the Lo2L order went in before the EV order.
  • Options
    philobeddoephilobeddoe Kennessee Posts: 192
    Moral of the story? Keep buying those inferior bootleg records, and blow up your socials with those placeholders until they officially repress.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Zod said:
    goldrush said:
    I'm assuming they put the order in a long time ago.  I get the feeling at this point if you want something to come out for next years RSD you need to plan it shortly after this years RSD.

It sounded like EV's album was recorded quite quickly last summer, not sure how long it took to master/mix after.   I'm guessing the Lo2L order went in before the EV order.
    Bingo.

It's a lengthy process.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    tdawe said:

Won't be that hard too. Though if your local record stores receives 1 - 2 copies only on RSD while other stores will have over 100+ copies ... The. It'll be a challenge.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    demetrios said:
    tdawe said:

Won't be that hard too. Though if your local record stores receives 1 - 2 copies only on RSD while other stores will have over 100+ copies ... The. It'll be a challenge.
    Then just buy it the next day online from the place with 100+.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    demetrios said:
    tdawe said:

Then just buy it the next day online from the place with 100+.

True, though with shipping from the USA to Canada, it's getting pretty intense.