Pearl Jam - RearviewMirror (Walmart Exclusive) Vinyl

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    I was talking about ordering records in general. 

In regards to ordering multiple records, Amazon separates them into separate orders, Target separates them sometimes (the one time when they didn't, both were in a large box & damaged). No issues with Walmart. Sorry for the confusion.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • edited February 2022
    mfc2006 said:
    I was talking about ordering records in general. 

In regards to ordering multiple records, Amazon separates them into separate orders, Target separates them sometimes (the one time when they didn't, both were in a large box & damaged). No issues with Walmart. Sorry for the confusion.
    Gotcha. Ya ive only had problems with walmart packaging with multiple lp orders. All my single album order have arrived in perfect condition. They use good record mailers its only a problem when they shove 2 or 3 in the same mailer which im sure they only do to cut cost cause you “saved” on shipping buying in bulk.

and ya amazon doesnt do this but it dont matter if it doesnt come in a mailer from the distributor or the dumb warehouse staff open it up and remove it.. you can can forget about getting one in good condition. They just shove it in and oversized box with minimal  bubble wrap that does nothing so it smashes around inside the box- by the time you get it your record looks like it was used as a hockey puck
    Post edited by Getoutofmyfuckinface on
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    edited February 2022
    mfc2006 said:
    If your are ordering both from walmart i highly suggest you pay a little more in shipping and order them separately. Ive had really bad luck with walmart whenever i buy multiple records in one order. They cram all the records in the same mailer and one or even both of them end up damaged. My last order was for 3 records all 3 jammed into the same mailer only one made it too me in good condition (the one sandwiched in the middle) the other 2 had smashed sleeves because of how they were just jammed to fit into the mailer. They are still available i would cancel and reorder separately before its too late unless you dont care if your records arrive with bent sleeves and damaged corners.

if you want to ensure you get mint copies id even suggest ordering 2 of each of them separately of course. Keep the best 2 and either return or sell the others
    This wasn't my experience, but I have had issues with shipping records from everyone from Target to a record store. In my experience, Amazon is crap, Target has been ok-ish and Walmart was just fine. The record stores have been hit and miss....most are great, but some are worse than Amazon.

Edit - meant to add that the nice thing about this is you can return it to the store if it's messed up. I've been caught in a web of emails when trying to return a defective record/product. The nice things about a box is that you can simply return it to the store while they send you a replacement.
    The worst online shipping from the Big 3 Target, Walmart and Amazon. Target has been the worse, although not really bad. Walmart has been fine and Amazon is GREAT. Their return policy is amazing, has a bad corner, non-fill, scratched. Return that sucker and in a day I have a replacement. With questionable GZ pressings, I have actually ordered multiple so I make sure I have a perfect copy and send the rest back. Unbelievable customer service.
  • edited February 2022
    MedozK said:
    mfc2006 said:
    If your are ordering both from walmart i highly suggest you pay a little more in shipping and order them separately. Ive had really bad luck with walmart whenever i buy multiple records in one order. They cram all the records in the same mailer and one or even both of them end up damaged. My last order was for 3 records all 3 jammed into the same mailer only one made it too me in good condition (the one sandwiched in the middle) the other 2 had smashed sleeves because of how they were just jammed to fit into the mailer. They are still available i would cancel and reorder separately before its too late unless you dont care if your records arrive with bent sleeves and damaged corners.

if you want to ensure you get mint copies id even suggest ordering 2 of each of them separately of course. Keep the best 2 and either return or sell the others
    This wasn't my experience, but I have had issues with shipping records from everyone from Target to a record store. In my experience, Amazon is crap, Target has been ok-ish and Walmart was just fine. The record stores have been hit and miss....most are great, but some are worse than Amazon.

Edit - meant to add that the nice thing about this is you can return it to the store if it's messed up. I've been caught in a web of emails when trying to return a defective record/product. The nice things about a box is that you can simply return it to the store while they send you a replacement.
    The worst online shipping from the Big 3 Target, Walmart and Amazon. Target has been the worse, although not really bad. Walmart has been fine and Amazon is GREAT. Their return policy is amazing, has a bad corner, non-fill, scratched. Return that sucker and in a day I have a replacement. With questionable GZ pressings, I have actually ordered multiple so I make sure I have a perfect copy and send the rest back. Unbelievable customer service.
    Yes amazon customer service is great but not when the record is sold out or the fact your have to drive to kohls or ups store to drop off the peice of shit product that was packaged with no care. Dont you love it when amazon just puts a record in a white bag and ships it too you or even better just slaps a label on the sleeve itself
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    MedozK said:
    mfc2006 said:

My order history on Amazon makes funny reading. Almost every other record order is followed by a 2nd or 3rd order of the same item. Just the number of bumped corners or creased up sleeves. Been loving the paper bag they send a £40 record in these days. In the UK sometimes they send them in a thin softer card oversize mailer, packed in the warehouse but other times they have what seems like heavier duty unbranded mailers that look like they have been prepacked and have a barcoded sticker on the outside then they stick those in a box. Condition can be very hit or miss with them.
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    edited February 2022
    MedozK said:
    mfc2006 said:

Yes amazon customer service is great but not when the record is sold out or the fact your have to drive to kohls or ups store to drop off the peice of shit product that was packaged with no care. Dont you love it when amazon just puts a record in a white bag and ships it too you or even better just slaps a label on the sleeve itself
    I have never had a vinyl record NOT shipped in a proper LP mailer from Amazon. And I have ordered a LOT of records. Maybe I'm lucky.
  • edited February 2022
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    mfc2006 said:

I have never had a vinyl record NOT shipped in a proper LP mailer from Amazon. And I have ordered a LOT of records. Maybe I'm lucky.
    Its all relative to how much you buy. In my case I’ve purchased atleast 3 to 5k worth of records from them over a 6 month span. If they ship in the prepackaged mailers with bar code no problems. Unfortunately the majority of my ordsrs do not come that way they are packaged by amazon workers in oversized boxes. Ive had the same record shipped multiple times, in fact it’s usually the case they have to reship the product cause of poor packaging. They have actually given me free records cause of how many poorly packaged ones they have sent out. Thats only good thing about amazon i get free damaged records but if i ever want something mint thats not beatles (pre packaged by the studio) i dont order from amazon especially if it might sell out cause they are the absolute worst when it comes to packaging. They ended up comping me the and justice for all lp box set ($200 set) that arrived mangled cause of how many damaged records they had sent me over a short period of time
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    mfc2006 said:

Yeah, it's and miss for me. Sometimes it's in an oversized box with not protection. Sometimes, it's in a sturdy mailer. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,461
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    mfc2006 said:

I’ve only received one LP from Amazon in the plastic mailer in over 10 years. It arrived in perfect condition. Must be lucky!
  • edited February 2022
    If your lucky go buy a lotto ticket dont shop at amazon lol. Put your luck to good use. Or if your risk adverse order like 50 records in a month from amazon and see how good your “luck” really is if they all come perfect then go buy that lotto ticket, your luck is rock solid at that point
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,931
    If your lucky go buy a lotto ticket dont shop at amazon lol. Put your luck to good use. Or if your risk adverse order like 50 records in a month from amazon and see how good your “luck” really is if they all come perfect then go buy that lotto ticket, you luck is rock solid at that point
    Is it possible that your experience is not the same as everyone else’s experience?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• edited February 2022
    on2legs said:
    If your lucky go buy a lotto ticket dont shop at amazon lol. Put your luck to good use. Or if your risk adverse order like 50 records in a month from amazon and see how good your “luck” really is if they all come perfect then go buy that lotto ticket, you luck is rock solid at that point
    Is it possible that your experience is not the same as everyone else’s experience?
    Yes but not with amazon if you buy enough records from them you will understand what the other poster and i are talking about in regards to their terrible packaging. Personally i find it hard to believe they havent sent you a damaged one in in an oversized box. Its also possible you do not buy as much as i did from them (i stopped cause of how bad it was). Only buy from them now as a last resort
  • I was not aware of this being released via Walmart, however I received the notification from Ten Club email and I immediately bought both volumes. They were sold out in matter of hours from Ten Club and I hope others here will get a chance to grab colored editions from Walmart when it's released. Now I have seen the prices on eBay that are selling between $190 to $300 and those records have not hit the shelves yet and its madness.

• edited February 2022

I was not aware of this being released via Walmart, however I received the notification from Ten Club email and I immediately bought both volumes. They were sold out in matter of hours from Ten Club and I hope others here will get a chance to grab colored editions from Walmart when it's released. Now I have seen the prices on eBay that are selling between $190 to $300 and those records have not hit the shelves yet and its madness.

Scalpers gotta scalp same thing is happening with “freshly pressed” and thats just a single lp in a basic plain white sleeve.

I wonder what theyll be scalping vault 1 for
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,931
    on2legs said:
    Yes but not with amazon if you buy enough records from them you will understand what the other poster and i are talking about in regards to their terrible packaging.
    Perhaps my experience would be similar if I ordered $5k worth of records.  I can’t speak to that.  But I’m confident there will be plenty on the shelves and no need to panic or worry. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 Posts: 899
    edited February 2022
    I honestly don’t understand the obsession people have with dinged corners on records? It doesn’t downgrade the record itself, unless you plan on trying to resell it later? Which doesn’t guarantee that once you ship it the corners won’t end up being dinged? I’ve shipped records in whiplash record mailers properly and have people send me pictures of the condition of the mailer and the record snapped in half, no guarantees a record arrives perfect every time and I feel it’s nit picky to send a record back because of a corner ding. I’ve been buying records for 30 years and have about 4000 records, and never sent a record back because of a ding, if the cover or box set is really damaged, then yes I’ll send it back for a replacement.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    I honestly don’t understand the obsession people have with dinged corners on records? It doesn’t downgrade the record itself, unless you plan on trying to resell it later? Which doesn’t guarantee that once you ship it the corners won’t end up being dinged? I’ve shipped records in whiplash record mailers properly and have people send me pictures of the condition of the mailer and the record snapped in half, no guarantees a record arrives perfect every time and I feel it’s nit picky to send a record back because of a corner ding. I’ve been buying records for 30 years and have about 4000 records, and never sent a record back because of a ding, if the cover or box set is really damaged, then yes I’ll send it back for a replacement.
    I get that some people feel this way, I guess it depends how bad the damage is, but for me I really like having that big artwork you get with vinyl and any damage sort of detracts from it. Ive definitely got more fussy recently as things get more expensive and as I get more reluctant to buy in first place. Ive been buying since early nineties as well but do get rid of stuff from time to time so for me its important to have in the best possible condition in case I do want to sell or trade. Ive been known to sell a reissue when a better pressing or original comes along etc.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,760
    edited February 2022
    Rearviewmirror (Greatest Hits 1991-2003): Volume 1 [VINYL]
    https://amzn.to/3oZxW20
    Rearviewmirror (Greatest Hits 1991-2003): Volume 2 [VINYL] http://amzn.to/3v9y56O
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • I was not aware of this being released via Walmart, however I received the notification from Ten Club email and I immediately bought both volumes. They were sold out in matter of hours from Ten Club and I hope others here will get a chance to grab colored editions from Walmart when it's released. Now I have seen the prices on eBay that are selling between $190 to $300 and those records have not hit the shelves yet and its madness.

Scalpers gotta scalp same thing is happening with “freshly pressed” and thats just a single lp in a basic plain white sleeve.

I wonder what theyll be scalping vault 1 for
    Look on ebay.  It's going for $200-300.  Some have received it, some are just preselling.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• CPR7CPR7 Posts: 366

• CPR7CPR7 Posts: 366
    edited February 2022
    ^ Amazon Canada

Release date April 15, 2022
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,181
    CPR7 said:
    ^ Amazon Canada

Release date April 15, 2022
    $82 CDN all in for both, free shipping & taxes. 
  • BigrfishBigrfish Posts: 260
    Still F'n pricey if you ask me. Relative to what vinyl is going for today tho? Not bad I guess. Can't believe how much LP's have gone up in price lately. Probably a buy for me. Haven't seen any details on pressing. Anyone know if this is a repress of the original? My old CD still sounds great.(To my old ears anyways) Have never heard it on vinyl.
  • Bigrfish said:
    Still F'n pricey if you ask me. Relative to what vinyl is going for today tho? Not bad I guess. Can't believe how much LP's have gone up in price lately. Probably a buy for me. Haven't seen any details on pressing. Anyone know if this is a repress of the original? My old CD still sounds great.(To my old ears anyways) Have never heard it on vinyl.
    35 for a double LP album isn’t terrible. It’s just that it’s  two separate albums.  As long as you tell yourself they are different albums you are buying , the price seems fine
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,049
    When I click on the link through email sent, it shows:

Home › 404 Not Found

404 PAGE NOT FOUND

The page you requested does not exist. Click here to continue shopping.

I tried just looking at SHOP and do not find it anywhere...help?

• FrankY59 said:
    When I click on the link through email sent, it shows:

Home › 404 Not Found

404 PAGE NOT FOUND

The page you requested does not exist. Click here to continue shopping.

I tried just looking at SHOP and do not find it anywhere...help?

Click the link on page 1 for Walmart.  10c sold out a couple of days ago. It’s the exact same 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,181
    CPR7 said:

Great deal!
  • MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    mfc2006 said:

Same for me.  And my last two I received were in the LP mailer inside of a plastic shipping outer bag which was great.  Living in the PNW you never know when it might be sideways raining, so they would have been protected from rain if it had been raining.
  • Wembley Arena, London - 28/10/96
    Wembley Arena, London - 30/05/00 
    Wembley Arena, London - 18/06/07
    02 Arena, London - 18/08/09
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 30/07/12 EV Solo
    Bowl, Milton Keynes - 11/07/2014
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/17 EV Solo
    O2 Arena, London - 18/06/18
    O2 Arena, London - 17/07/18

It's an art to live with pain, mix the light into grey...
  • What is the RRP of the ordinary black one?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"