Canadians travelling for EV Earthling tour/PCR tests

2»

Comments

• mwplummwplum Posts: 1,530
    Only problem now is the tickets! Has anyone had problems accepting the "claim tickets" link? I only noticed it over the past weekend, and wasn't able to accept (even through I tried on different browsers, devices). I called TM on Monday, actually spoke with an agent (who assured me problem was fixed and wouldn't wait while I checked). It didn't work, so I emailed on Monday, they sent me a new link (same problem), so I've been trying to contact them since Monday, but they won't respond to email and their phone line now goes straight to VM. After spending $300+ on tickets and arranging chilcare, we are at our wits end. I slept maybe 3 hours last night. I would think this would be a simple fix (i.e. manually put in my TM account or arrange for me to pick up at box office) if I could only get ahold of a real person. Tried 10C this afternoon but it also went straight to voicemail.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,521
    mwplum said:
    I ended up buying a LAMP test through Switch (partners with Air Canada). Cost was $149 CAD + tax + shipping. It's accepted by the Government, and you do the test live over videochat and then they send you the paperwork immediately. So plan is to cross border, pull over in Blaine, and go down!

how does that work? they mail you a test, and you take it yourself?  how do you get it back to them?
  • julieferjuliefer Posts: 395
    I booked my NAAT test at Walgreens last night. It didn't work out exactly as planned, but it's not the worst.

In the last few weeks I thought I had determined that they release one new day of appointment slots each night some time after midnight and that means you need to book 4 days ahead as the new dates pop up. So last night I plan for 12:30 am, and just before midnight I decided to check, and I find they'd released more than a week's worth of appointments and most of the ones for this Monday are already gone. The earliest available in Bellingham was 2:45 pm, and by the time I got through the booking process I could only get 3:15pm for my husband. 
    That felt like it would get us into Seattle later than we wanted, so I managed to snag a couple of mid morning appointments in Bellevue for Tuesday, which still gives us 24 hrs to get the results before we cross the border going home.

So now it's not right along the way anymore, but it's not too bad as we don't really have any daytime plans on Tuesday anyway. I'm relieved but annoyed because I thought I had the system all figured out and then it changed.
  • RVMMFCRVMMFC Posts: 435
    Any suggestions on bars nearby for drinks preshow
    " I said there's nothing wrong with what you say. Believe me just asking you to sway. No white or black just grey. Can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?"
    We're also trying to get it as soon as we enter the USA, because were not exactly sure what happens if we pick up covid while were there and test positive.

We booked at that place I posted a few links ago for PCR tests that get a result in 36 hours.  We're going to be in the US for about 15 hours more than that, so hopefully that works.  Downside it was another $400 out of pocket.  So determined to go to these shows :)

Zod said:
    We're also trying to get it as soon as we enter the USA, because were not exactly sure what happens if we pick up covid while were there and test positive.

We booked at that place I posted a few links ago for PCR tests that get a result in 36 hours.  We're going to be in the US for about 15 hours more than that, so hopefully that works.  Downside it was another $400 out of pocket.  So determined to go to these shows :)

From what I understand, if you test positive you're stuck in the US for an extra 11 days quarantining. I have concerns about that too! We're getting COVID traveler's insurance that would cover us if we had to stay, but it doesn't help with the inconvenience at all, just the money part.
  • juliefer said:
    Zod said:

From what I understand, if you test positive you're stuck in the US for an extra 11 days quarantining. I have concerns about that too! We're getting COVID traveler's insurance that would cover us if we had to stay, but it doesn't help with the inconvenience at all, just the money part.
    You are correct.  That is the risk.  Although you can pay $6k per person to come back with no test and probably have to quarantine as well.  If I were going I'd take an antigen test before leaving to reduce the odds of unknowingly already being positive before crossing into the US and take the PCR as soon as possible after crossing and without interacting with anyone first.  For most people who are triple vaxed the risk of a positive test is more regulatory than medical.  Enjoy the shows! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    juliefer said:
    Zod said:

You are correct.  That is the risk.  Although you can pay $6k per person to come back with no test and probably have to quarantine as well.  If I were going I'd take an antigen test before leaving to reduce the odds of unknowingly already being positive before crossing into the US and take the PCR as soon as possible after crossing and without interacting with anyone first.  For most people who are triple vaxed the risk of a positive test is more regulatory than medical.  Enjoy the shows! 
    Yes, that is basically my plan, except that I wasn't able to book at test in the US until the next morning. We are doing rapid tests before we leave home though, and if we do end up testing positive the next day, it still would have been from before we left, which is why this whole thing is pretty dumb for trips under 72 hours. I'm trying to do everything I can to prepare but I reaaallllyyy want to go to these shows so I am taking some risk, knowingly.
  • juliefer said:
    juliefer said:
    Zod said:

Yes, that is basically my plan, except that I wasn't able to book at test in the US until the next morning. We are doing rapid tests before we leave home though, and if we do end up testing positive the next day, it still would have been from before we left, which is why this whole thing is pretty dumb for trips under 72 hours. I'm trying to do everything I can to prepare but I reaaallllyyy want to go to these shows so I am taking some risk, knowingly.
    For sure it makes no sense to test on trips under 72 hours.  They will probably restore the short trip exception in a few weeks, but it doesn’t help now.  Anyway I think you’ll be just fine and will hear some incredible performances.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• mwplummwplum Posts: 1,530
    Zod said:
    mwplum said:
    I ended up buying a LAMP test through Switch (partners with Air Canada). Cost was $149 CAD + tax + shipping. It's accepted by the Government, and you do the test live over videochat and then they send you the paperwork immediately. So plan is to cross border, pull over in Blaine, and go down!

how does that work? they mail you a test, and you take it yourself?  how do you get it back to them?
    Sorry, have been offline for past few days. I was really surprised as unlike so many, you don’t need to send anything in! You just take test with video chat on (in front of their nurse). The nurse reads your result after you hold it up for them to see, and then they email you the paperwork within an hour. Amazing really.

Thanks everyone for weighing in! I’m so excited! 
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
    mwplum said:
    Zod said:
    mwplum said:

Sorry, have been offline for past few days. I was really surprised as unlike so many, you don’t need to send anything in! You just take test with video chat on (in front of their nurse). The nurse reads your result after you hold it up for them to see, and then they email you the paperwork within an hour. Amazing really.

Thanks everyone for weighing in! I’m so excited! 

and that's a proper pcr/naat test, not an antigen test?  I kind of thought the ones permissible to cross the border had to be tested in a lab?
  • Canadians in Seattle:  represent well the next two nights! 

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,251
    Canadians in Seattle:  represent well the next two nights! 

Yes! Also any of ya's are able to pick up an extra enamel event pin, please let me know.
    Have fun! :)
    In washingston state now.  Border crossing into the us was damn easy.  Handed them our vaccine proofs with the passports and tje guy says hes not the vaccine police.  Now were at the testing place way ahead of schedule.
    Our border experience was great too, and I managed to book a free appointment at CVS in Lynnwood for on our way in to Seattle. Never received the test results though, I think because they come by text and we have Canadian phone numbers? So I called this morning and they emailed them to us and now we're good to go. A bit of a hassle but well worth the effort. 2 great shows and met a ton of good people. 
    Didnt know about cvs.  We paid for our pcr tests and they came back in less than 24 hours.  Good stuff.  On our way to port angeles to go home.
    Zod said:
    Didnt know about cvs.  We paid for our pcr tests and they came back in less than 24 hours.  Good stuff.  On our way to port angeles to go home.
    I didn't either until I did some last minute searching on the weekend. 
    All that stress beforehand was hard, but once the trip was in progress everything worked out perfectly. And we're home now, super easy border crossing.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Glad you guys made out ok with the process. Last year was stressful going to California and getting home. Thankfully the restrictions seem to be getting lighter and lighter. Hopefully by May no test will be needed. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,251
    PJNB said:
    Glad you guys made out ok with the process. Last year was stressful going to California and getting home. Thankfully the restrictions seem to be getting lighter and lighter. Hopefully by May no test will be needed. 

End of March here no masks and vaccination passports are required. Should be very interesting. 

Made it home, no problems.  Only issue was the vaccine proof I attached for my wife to the arrivecan app only showed the bar code, not the rest of it.   Showed the customs officer the printout and all was good.   Never asked how much alcohol I brought back (tried to buy stuff not available in Canada).  Should of brought more :)

Looking forward to the border restrictions being removed at some point.  Unless things change, it seems kind of pointless to test, when the virus is spreading on both sides of the border.  Washington State's restrictions seemed very similar to here in BC.  Vaccine proof for indoor non-essential stuff,  masks, etc.. 

Glad we took the risk.  Really enjoyed the shows.   Wasn't sure how often the earthlings would get the chance to tour, so really made the effort based on the possibility this could be the only chance to see the album played live.
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,271
    Zod said:
    Made it home, no problems.  Only issue was the vaccine proof I attached for my wife to the arrivecan app only showed the bar code, not the rest of it.   Showed the customs officer the printout and all was good.   Never asked how much alcohol I brought back (tried to buy stuff not available in Canada).  Should of brought more :)

Looking forward to the border restrictions being removed at some point.  Unless things change, it seems kind of pointless to test, when the virus is spreading on both sides of the border.  Washington State's restrictions seemed very similar to here in BC.  Vaccine proof for indoor non-essential stuff,  masks, etc.. 

Glad we took the risk.  Really enjoyed the shows.   Wasn't sure how often the earthlings would get the chance to tour, so really made the effort based on the possibility this could be the only chance to see the album played live.
    Do our BC passports work or do you need to get the Canadian ones?
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    Horse2345 said:
    Zod said:

Do our BC passports work or do you need to get the Canadian ones?

The same place you download the BC vax passport, you can download the Canada one too.  I had downloaded the Canada one.

Truth was:

1) US Border didn't care.   The customers officer questioned me why we include paper with the passports, and I told him his was our proof of vaccine.   He said we're not the vaccine police.. lol.

2) In the US I think we could of used anything to prove we were vaccinated.  We used the Canadian vax passport, but I doubt they would of cared if we used the BC one.  They just wanted proof.

3) Not sure about the return trip.  All the ArriveCan asks for is proof of vaccination.  I suppose that could be anything.  The original card, the Canada passport, bc passport, etc.. they were non specific.

That being said the Canada passport is on the same website you get the BC one, so no harm no foul and having it ready.   I had both the federal one and BC one on my phone.