Dirty Frank- Really?

124»

Comments

• mcgruff10 said:
    You saw Ed sing dirty Frank, of course it counts as Ed singing dirty Frank.  
     i saw new order ,(3 of 4 members of joy division playing love will tear us apart..)but doesnt count,cos didnt see it live at a joy dividsion show,,new order cover JD song,,simple as that
    same case here...pj never played 4th feb a show,so noone saw pj playing dirty frank 2 days ago 
    saw another  band cover their song 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    mcgruff10 said:
     i saw new order ,(3 of 4 members of joy division playing love will tear us apart..)but doesnt count,cos didnt see it live at a joy dividsion show,,new order cover JD song,,simple as that
    same case here...pj never played 4th feb a show,so noone saw pj playing dirty frank 2 days ago 
    Pj didn’t play it but Ed did.  If someone wants to scratch it off their list then let them.  Who cares lol.  To each their own. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited February 2022
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Pj didn’t play it but Ed did.  If someone wants to scratch it off their list then let them.  Who cares lol.  To each their own. 
    If any member of PJ left the band minus Ed, it would still be PJ. They have done it with drummers, so it’s already happened several times.  If Ed left PJ and Scott Stapp stepped in no one would think it’s PJ anymore.

That effectively means Ed is PJ. Anything Ed plays counts 

i don’t care either way but in other contexts the consensus seems to be that Ed is PJ. In this context it seems like it’s all of a sudden different 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • mcgruff10 said:
    The girl asking Nancy for her hall pass in A Nightmare on Elm Street vibes

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,118
    edited February 2022
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    If any member of PJ left the band minus Ed, it would still be PJ. They have done it with drummers, so it’s already happened several times.  If Ed left PJ and Scott Stapp stepped in no one would think it’s PJ anymore.

That effectively means Ed is PJ. Anything Ed plays counts 

i don’t care either way but in other contexts the consensus seems to be that Ed is PJ. In this context it seems like it’s all of a sudden different 
    And here is the response for these kind of hall pass arbitrary rules out of nowhere

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,145
    edited February 2022
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    You are being way too reasonable for an online forum :lol:
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    Personally, if it says Pearl Jam on the ticket, I count it.  If it doesn't, I don't.  Ed is not Pearl Jam.  Pearl Jam is Pearl Jam.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Fuck it. Bought tix. On my way. Please play believe you me.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662
    Did Ed sing the "where's Mike McCready?" line or change it to a member of The Earthlings?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,169
    MC104999 said:
    Been chasing Dirty Frank for more than 50 shows…. Teased in Boston and scratched out at the Vic. Really disappointed this made its return at a non Pearl Jam show and not for Pearl Jam fans.  Would have also been great to get some of our rescheduled dates before a new band tour.  Honestly, not sure what’s going on here. 
    At 200 per, I guarantee the concentration of Pearl Jam fans in that room was higher than most Pearl Jam shows
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    Poncier said:
    Did Ed sing the "where's Mike McCready?" line or change it to a member of The Earthlings?
    MM
  • TC282314TC282314 Posts: 385
    I haven’t read past the first page but this is one of the weirdest posts I’ve seen.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125
    Lol that they just played it again. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    Lol that they just played it again. 
     It must be pearl jam On the ticket to count!!!!! ;)
  • I thought about the OP tonight when they busted out Dirty Frank in Newark lolol
  • If I wore a PJ shirt to an Eddie Vedder show and heard Dirty Frank, can I cross it off my list???  =)
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    If I wore a PJ shirt to an Eddie Vedder show and heard Dirty Frank, can I cross it off my list???  =)
    If Dirty Frank was on your list of songs you wanted to hear at a Eddie Vedder show, yeah.
    Kearnsy
    If I wore a PJ shirt to an Eddie Vedder show and heard Dirty Frank, can I cross it off my list???  =)
    By wearing a PJ shirt, would you be "that guy"?

https://youtu.be/PtxmjbcJ3MQ

• PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 446
    Yes, the earthlings played Dirty Frank last night and yes I really got to hear it live... amazing!
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
    Only if you told more than 7 people how many shows you've been in attendance for... if you did that along with wearing a PJ shirt at an EV show then yes, you can cross it off the list  B)
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    Poncier said:

I enjoyed this movie as much as anyone my age back when it one of like three movies that Comedy Central had the rights for. But now I am old enough to realize that Droz is an idiot and even a high school senior should know better than to care about his opinion of what is cool. If he were a real person he’d almost certainly be an unvaccinated Trump voter. I hate him and welcome his scorn. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • Poncier said:

LOL...Amazing!  But it's a Pearl Jam shirt at an Eddie show.  The line is fuzzy here my friend... :D

• tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    On a more serious note, at first I found this thread very funny, but by this morning it had seeped into my brain and caused me to think pretty deeply about what my “list” is, exactly, why I have it, and what’s on it and why. The thought experiment of “how would I feel if I saw this particular song at an Earthlings show instead of a Pearl Jam show” is kind of illuminating.

(The thought experiment of “would it make me viscerally upset to find out that the Earthlings played this particular song at a show I wasn’t at” is still pretty hilarious though.)
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
    I could care less about lists, I just need to hear Long Road at my next pj show.  I haven't heard it live since 2011!
  • PJ5a1 said:
    Only if you told more than 7 people how many shows you've been in attendance for... if you did that along with wearing a PJ shirt at an EV show then yes, you can cross it off the list  B)

:o=)
    Poncier said:

LOL...Amazing!  But it's a Pearl Jam shirt at an Eddie show.  The line is fuzzy here my friend... :D

Just like the line of crossing Unclean Francis off the bucket list.
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,633
    I'm looking at this as a tease and taster of things to come. Ed knows we're waiting and watching diligently.   
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,145
    Gibson said:
    I'm looking at this as a tease and taster of things to come. Ed knows we're waiting and watching diligently.   
    If Ed ever read this forum he would think we are all lame AF 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    Gibson said:
    If Ed ever read this forum he would think we are all lame AF 
    you dropping "AF" saves us from lame... thank you!