Dirty Frank- Really?

Comments

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,949
    Dirty Frank is a fun song.  Funny lyrics.  Good 'ol days when they were okay wasting time on songs like that instead of talking about making music like it is a chore. 
    Who talks about it like it’s a chore? 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Drdeal said:
    Dirty Frank sounds like it was made for Chad to play on Drums. Looking forward to Newark even more now. Hoping for Believe You Me.....
    I hope you get it. After watching all the beacon songs they’d be well served to let Eddie do more. I saw a pair I liked today and just can’t pull the trigger. I love I’m one and brother the cloud and everything Harrison but…I love Eddie and Pearl Jam for the off the cuff feel. This is I’m sorry to say rushed, loose and not there yet. The songs are great but live it’s not there. Which is the opposite of how I usually feel. Usually I feel hit record and go away with Pearl Jam is how to produce them.  Maybe if the tour was longer. Idk. Speaks to how amazing Pearl Jam is as a band. Earthlings don’t have that yet that I see. And I’m poor and 5 bones is a lot. Or of course I’d go. 

If they play believe you me I hope he crushes it so I can listen to it forever. We need a good version. 
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited February 2022
    This makes me wonder are rare songs and limited edition merch the same thing?

everyone wants it at their show and no one else’s  and if they don’t get it they are mad at the people that do 

It’s all the same. Us trying to get closer to our hero’s. 
    After 100 some odd shows I realize I saw all the best shows. Now is nice but I just feel lucky to have felt it then. Drop the leash we are young! 
  • MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 629
    After 40,50 shows I can finally cross off dirty frank.

it’s one of those those holy grail songs.

That riff is nasty! Never would I expect to hear it on a EV tour.

now if I was home and saw the set list yeah I’d be pretty pissed. 
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    RS65573 said:
    After 100 some odd shows I realize I saw all the best shows. Now is nice but I just feel lucky to have felt it then. Drop the leash we are young! 
    Now you gotta tell me your best shows! :)
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,332
    Kearn5y said:
    KM73780 said:
    Who cares? It’s just a song 
    A shit song at that.
    yep.  us die hards that have gone to dozens and dozens of shows get so obsessed with chasing "rarities" that we forget how bad some of them are.  DF is a fun little song and i'm glad i got to see it at the Gorge years ago, but you're right. its not that good.
  • Music should  always be the winner. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,687
    eddiec said:
    Will Ferrel looks great in the youtube videos of it.
    Dirty Frank The Tank
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,992
    MUZIK said:

duzzzzn't cowwwnnnt. glad you heard it though.
  • mr bungle said:
    Kearn5y said:
    KM73780 said:
    A shit song at that.
    yep.  us die hards that have gone to dozens and dozens of shows get so obsessed with chasing "rarities" that we forget how bad some of them are.  DF is a fun little song and i'm glad i got to see it at the Gorge years ago, but you're right. its not that good.
    You're confusing me. Is it "a shit song" or "a fun little song" ?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,314
    mr bungle said:
    Kearn5y said:
    KM73780 said:
    A shit song at that.
    I think it’s a fun little shit song. 
  • nicknyr15 said:
    mr bungle said:
    Kearn5y said:
    KM73780 said:
    A shit song at that.
    I think it’s a fun little shit song. 
    We have a winner
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • MC104999 said:
    Been chasing Dirty Frank for more than 50 shows…. Teased in Boston and scratched out at the Vic. Really disappointed this made its return at a non Pearl Jam show and not for Pearl Jam fans.  Would have also been great to get some of our rescheduled dates before a new band tour.  Honestly, not sure what’s going on here. 
    Maybe stop "chasing songs". Go listen to a bootleg with it on and stop treating it like some sport.
     Hey man, I'm just talking about Dirty Frank”
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    mr bungle said:
    Kearn5y said:
    KM73780 said:
    A shit song at that.
    100% truth right there.  There is a reason some of these songs are so rare.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,118
    edited February 2022
    More creative lyrics and more good ol’ funk in Dirty Frank than other songs. 

But maybe I’m biased finding The Texas Chain Saw Massacre to be a 5 star film. One of the most beutiful shot ones too. Was mesmerized when I got the chance to watch it on a 35mm print. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    mr bungle said:
    Kearn5y said:
    KM73780 said:
    A shit song at that.
    I got it in Marseille in 2006. Play all the crappy ones now. Bring on Ole now and hopefully they keep the good rarities for the PJ tour like Hold on and Hard to Imagine 
    Kearnsy
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,332
    mr bungle said:
    Kearn5y said:
    KM73780 said:
    A shit song at that.
    I’ll try and help with your confusion. A song CAN be “a shit song” and “a fun little song” at the same time.  Think Pour Some Sugar On Me. Or Ice Ice Baby.  Maybe even Yellow Submarine.  Just some examples. I hope that helped with the confusion!?
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,400
    DF is better then a bunch of newer songs with unintelligible lyrics and a lack of rhythm. I think its great. Guess I'm minority that doesn't think it's shit. Gremmie is great too while I'm posting hot takes. I like music that makes u head bob. It doesn't need to be a deep word salad lyrical catastrophe. I like those 2 but simple can be great too
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,949
    DF is better then a bunch of newer songs with unintelligible lyrics and a lack of rhythm. I think its great. Guess I'm minority that doesn't think it's shit. Gremmie is great too while I'm posting hot takes. I like music that makes u head bob. It doesn't need to be a deep word salad lyrical catastrophe. I like those 2 but simple can be great too
    How can a song lack rhythm? 
  • mr bungle said:
    mr bungle said:
    Kearn5y said:
    KM73780 said:
    A shit song at that.
    I’ll try and help with your confusion. A song CAN be “a shit song” and “a fun little song” at the same time.  Think Pour Some Sugar On Me. Or Ice Ice Baby.  Maybe even Yellow Submarine.  Just some examples. I hope that helped with the confusion!?
    You mean like "Olé" ?
  • Would’ve loved to see this. This has always been top of the list of songs I’d love to see. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    MUZIK said:

Lol it doesn't count, you gotta hear it with PJ!
  • Noone can cross dirty frank of his lists  that was at earthlings NY show.
    It was a cover song by another band played. Not at pj show..
    Nanana nanana. 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • CROJAM95 said:
    Entitled bs

thats what

jesus h Christ 
    Seriously. Cringeworthy stuff.

No kidding. It's also their worst song.
     sweet lew says hi 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    Noone can cross dirty frank of his lists  that was at earthlings NY show.
    Nanana nanana. 
    Of course it doesn’t count!  
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Who’s counting? Just enjoy the music. 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,635
    edited February 2022
    Noone can cross dirty frank of his lists  that was at earthlings NY show.
    Nanana nanana. 
    Big Greek!  How ya been!?   Hope you're staying safe out there.  Any news from a certain band on this forum coming soon?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    You saw Ed sing dirty Frank, of course it counts as Ed singing dirty Frank.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......