Comments

• Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    Anyone in line in main lobby now? 
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    PJ-Cubs said:
    They need to print more posters.  The profits on posters need to be massive
    I’m guessing the scarcity drives a bit of the demand. 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,895
    Are even the “generic” tour posters sold out? I dig that.
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,803
    edited February 2022
    CP218430 said:
    Love the posters but I’m never getting that early. It’s a shame it’s so hard to get one.
    Second option is fast fingers for the artist drop. :) or make a friend who can grab you one.
    AP drop already happened for Thomas. They were good on enforcing limits on both when I walked in - but guessing plenty of people got the Thomas tour poster during the 3:30-5:30 merch hours.
    Post edited by tschav on
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    They printed a ton of posters for Wrigley and Fenway in 2018 and demand seemed fine.
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs said:
    They printed a ton of posters for Wrigley and Fenway in 2018 and demand seemed fine.
    Not that Fenway Mumford poster! That was a tough one. But yeah fair point.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    artforbwartforbw 60647 Posts: 131

It is a nice shirt design, but my first thought was why have a Wrigley Field sign and baseball, if the show isn't at Wrigley?
  • Options
    artforbwartforbw 60647 Posts: 131
    tschav said:
    CP218430 said:
    Love the posters but I’m never getting that early. It’s a shame it’s so hard to get one.
    Second option is fast fingers for the artist drop. :) or make a friend who can grab you one.
    AP drop already happened for Thomas. They were good on enforcing limits on both when I walked in - but guessing plenty of people got the Thomas tour poster during the 3:30-5:30 merch hours.

Was there anything in place to prevent someone from getting a poster in the afternoon between 3:30-5:30, and then getting a second poster in the merch line at 6:30? That's too much time in lines for me, but could see people doing that to get doubles.
  • Options
    PJamminPJammin Posts: 578
    edited February 2022
    My 2 cents from merch last evening. I got through security lines around 6:45 -6:50. There was a pretty long line in the upstairs merch booth. I spoke to someone who just checked out from the line who indicated the Thomas tour was already sold out. There is another merch booth downstairs (head straight back from entrance and you'll see the line). When I got there the line was just at the top of the stairs. I jumped in line from there and it and took me about 35-40 minutes to checkout (7:30ish). The downstairs booth may not have been as stocked as the upstairs booth but they did have the show poster. I'd guess they had 50 or so left. A few things I do recall not being available were the "Vedder" sweatshirt, the show t-shirt, the tour poster. A few things I do recall being available: most of the other shirts but in less popular sizes, the green hat, the gloves, the zippo, the baseball style hats, pins, stickers. Also, FWIW I ran downstairs between Glen and Eddie sets and there was no line. Unsure of availability at this time but there was no wait during that 30 minutes between sets. Enjoy the show tonight. Chad Smith on drums is the real deal. He's mesmerizing to watch.
  • Options
    artforbw said:
    tschav said:
    CP218430 said:

Was there anything in place to prevent someone from getting a poster in the afternoon between 3:30-5:30, and then getting a second poster in the merch line at 6:30? That's too much time in lines for me, but could see people doing that to get doubles.
    No restrictions. But you would have to really want to subject yourself to pain to do that line twice in one day.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,216
    artforbw said:
    tschav said:
    CP218430 said:

No restrictions. But you would have to really want to subject yourself to pain to do that line twice in one day.
    Yes. Waiting in line twice sucks. I did it at the Beacon. It wasn’t to double up on anything though. By the time I got through the early merch line the Thomas tour poster was sold out. They put more out when I came back when doors opened so I waited in line again. From what I am hearing I think they were more generous with that poster that first night because I did get one even though the line was really long. It sounds like they may be restricting them more since they were selling so fast. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,064
    May be an image of text
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,598
    PJNB said:
    May be an image of text
    Looks nice. Hoping to get one and the tour poster this afternoon. 
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    Got in right when they opened the doors last night, got straight into line in the main lobby, got my Chicago poster. Then enjoyed an awesome show. Happy guy here. Oh, and I got a response on Instagram from the artist confirming the Route 66 inspiration.
  • Options
    Grabbed a poster yesterday and love it. Going tonight too, but can someone try explaining tonight's print to me? What does this have to do with Chicago? Even the horse for NJ made sense to me. 
  • Options
    Jcanr20Jcanr20 Illinois Posts: 126
    Grabbed a poster yesterday and love it. Going tonight too, but can someone try explaining tonight's print to me? What does this have to do with Chicago? Even the horse for NJ made sense to me. 
    Looks like it is from the artwork above the stage.
  • Options
    Jcanr20 said:
    Looks like it is from the artwork above the stage.
    Gotcha, thanks for pointing that out! Been to the Auditorium a handful of times, but guess I've never paid that close attention to the painting on top of the stage.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,040
    I'm not going to the EV shows, but the Aud is one of if not the best room in Chicago.

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,040
    Schubas and the Opera House being the other 2 (for sound/sight lines)
  • Options
    Sound wise, it’s hit or miss, but Metro has so much history within those walls.
  • Options
    I'm not going to the EV shows, but the Aud is one of if not the best room in Chicago.

In beautiful standards hands down auditorium is tops. Those upper seats though are no joke. Might as well be on the roof.  
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,184
    edited February 2022

In beautiful standards hands down auditorium is tops. Those upper seats though are no joke. Might as well be on the roof.  
    That’s where me and my buddy were last night. Then, right as Glen came on, an usher came up with printed tickets, said congratulations you’ve been upgraded to a bunch of us in the top of the top. Ended up  with aisle seats about 15 rows back from the stage.  I’m still stunned. I feel it’s possible Eddie kept that section open and upgraded the worst seats in the house. There’s no way those amazing seats didn’t sell to begin with. 
    Post edited by Jimmydean55 on
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,895
    Anyone want to be a poster buddy for me? I don't get off work until 5:30 and have an hour and a half drive into hte city. I'll buy someone a beer. If not. Cool. Enjoy. 
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 444
    Schubas and the Opera House being the other 2 (for sound/sight lines)
    I'd take Thalia over Shubas but nice list  :)
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,391

That’s where me and my buddy were last night. Then, right as Glen came on, an usher came up with printed tickets, said congratulations you’ve been upgraded to a bunch of us in the top of the top. Ended up  with aisle seats about 15 rows back from the stage.  I’m still stunned. I feel it’s possible Eddie kept that section open and upgraded the worst seats in the house. There’s no way those amazing seats didn’t sell to begin with. 
    Wow what a great story!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,921

Up! Eddie Vedder - Chicago Auditorium Theatre 02.09.22 - Bella Grace https://bellagracestore.bigcartel.com/product/eddie-vedder-chicago-print

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,662
    +1
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,184
    Got it!