Ed & The Earthlings private gig tonight

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    nicknyr15 said:
    davidos said:
    A VIP only concert 10 minutes from my house where no one is wearing a mask...Cool! 
    And everyone had to show proof of vaccinated! There’s no way they didn’t make sure to check! 
    The email for the beacon shows state that the artist requests that everyone wear masks the entire show unless you’re drinking or eating. 
    Unless you're a VIP.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,540
    RS151862 said:
    What song is precious? A cover I assume?
    pearljamonline.it posted that it wasn't played. maybe they played betterman instead?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• nicknyr15 said:
    davidos said:
    A VIP only concert 10 minutes from my house where no one is wearing a mask...Cool! 
    And everyone had to show proof of vaccinated! There’s no way they didn’t make sure to check! 
    The email for the beacon shows state that the artist requests that everyone wear masks the entire show unless you’re drinking or eating. 
    Having been to many events/concerts since March 2020, I can assure you this won't be enforced. They will ask you on your way in the door and then that's it.
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,640
    RS151862 said:
    pearljamonline.it posted that it wasn't played. maybe they played betterman instead?
    It was scratched from the setlist. Just wondering what it is. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

sorry, I misunderstood your question. 

www.headstonesband.com

• MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    nicknyr15 said:
    davidos said:
    Having been to many events/concerts since March 2020, I can assure you this won't be enforced. They will ask you on your way in the door and then that's it.
    It was enforced heavily at jagged little pill on Broadway in December. People walking around the entire time with signs and asking people to put masks on or pull them up over nose. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    RS151862 said:
    RS151862 said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur4dnIIy56s
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    That's 10 minutes from my house.  I would not have been there anyway considering my wife is 9 months pregnant, but still... 
    Oh man, the kid isn't even here yet and already cramping your style.
    Lol she will be attending shows with me at some point :) 
    Congrats!
    PJNB said:
    RS151862 said:
    RS151862 said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur4dnIIy56s
    damn. love that ed solo is rocking with the new album and full band. damn. 

www.headstonesband.com

• davidosdavidos Posts: 480
    edited February 2022
    nicknyr15 said:
    davidos said:
    It was enforced heavily at jagged little pill on Broadway in December. People walking around the entire time with signs and asking people to put masks on or pull them up over nose. 
    Mask up!
    Post edited by davidos on
  • nicknyr15 said:
    davidos said:
    Yeah, you're right. Broadway may be a little bit of a different animal (civilized, seated people). I was more referring to concerts and sporting events. Given that some of these shows are in broadway-like venues, perhaps they will be similar.
  • PD279656PD279656 Posts: 119
    nicknyr15 said:
    davidos said:
    If they ask you to put it on or pull it up you just take a big swig of your $22 dollar beer and are back in compliance! 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    I looked here:
    https://www.njpac.org/visit/covid-health-and-safety/

This is a theatre, so I expect Broadway like mask rules. 
    I don't think Ed's going to be in the business of policing masks from the stage. that's going to be up to security/the venue. 

www.headstonesband.com

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    The rule of don’t be an asshole still enforced from the stage! Have fun people, don’t fuck it up for others around you. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    I used to think I’d never be able to wear a mask at a rock show. Then I did it a couple of times and (like masks in pretty much every other context, and yes I say this as a bearded man who wears glasses) it turns out it’s really not a big deal at all. I pull it down when I sip my beer. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 966
    jeez, you don't think everyone in the show hasn't already been out in public mingling, eating, grocery shopping ect without a mask over the last week, month, year? No reason to act like at this point it even matters. We all have been exposed. Let the vax do its job and enjoy!
  • PD279656PD279656 Posts: 119
    "The goal is to be conscientious of others, and in doing so, get 2 or 3 hours where we can not think of any of this crap and tap into the live music we've been missing....." 

Ok Ed then you put on a mask and sing through it only pulling it down for sips of wine. Let me know if you don't think of any of this crap while doing that......
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,705
    edited February 2022
    tdawe said:
    I used to think I’d never be able to wear a mask at a rock show. Then I did it a couple of times and (like masks in pretty much every other context, and yes I say this as a bearded man who wears glasses) it turns out it’s really not a big deal at all. I pull it down when I sip my beer. 
    I have been to see Son Volt, Bob Mould and Drive By Truckers at inside venues wearing a mask the entire time. You are right, it was no big deal. And we will be wearing one for the Chicago show next week.
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    edited February 2022
    nicknyr15 said:
    davidos said:
    Depends on the house. Walter Kerr (Hadestown) ushers were flashing their flashlights at people to put their masks back on. This was a few weeks ago.

nicknyr15 said:
    davidos said:
    Yeah, you're right. Broadway may be a little bit of a different animal (civilized, seated people). I was more referring to concerts and sporting events. Given that some of these shows are in broadway-like venues, perhaps they will be similar.
    😂
    Post edited by OceansJenny on
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • davidosdavidos Posts: 480
    DEGBTI said:
    jeez, you don't think everyone in the show hasn't already been out in public mingling, eating, grocery shopping ect without a mask over the last week, month, year? No reason to act like at this point it even matters. We all have been exposed. Let the vax do its job and enjoy!
    How's the weather in Florida?
  • RS151862 said:
    RS151862 said:
    Cover of The Pretenders. 

And here's a weird thing: when I searched for it,  this version was one of the top results. Check the venue. Coincidence? https://youtu.be/69jUwYWxens
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • demetrios said:
    "Positively yours"?  :open_mouth:
    Perhaps not the wisest or most encouraging choice of words there, Ed!   :s
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
    haha good catch

www.headstonesband.com

• DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 966
    davidos said:
    DEGBTI said:
    How's the weather in Florida?
    wrong coast but thanks for asking. It's beautiful as always!  :)
  • WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 558
    Boy oh boy how threads on this forum get derailed. Honestly, get over it. If you dont want to do the vaccine or wear the mask dont. Stop belly aching about it. Its just the way it is. Otherwise, for those that are going... hoping someone can answer or post a fanview from last night. The setlist is the setlist... But one of the Crown Jewels of this forum is hearing from our fellow jammers about the intricacies of a show. Any good Ed chatter? Some people hate that (it takes up a song!) but its part of the show. THATS ED. So many want to form the band into their own mold. They are who they are. We are just fans. Forget about who went last night.

Also... do you guys think the setlist will be a bit longer? Seemed short. I know back in the day when I saw him solo NYC I seem to remember a longer set? Was hoping for a lil Into the Wild with this Earthling tour. Covers are great. Room at Top is epic. RITFW is always cool, but having seen PJ a bunch of times and Ed I could sub that. 

Fingers crossed for some fan views. Love reading those...
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    WW187806 said:
    Boy oh boy how threads on this forum get derailed. Honestly, get over it. If you dont want to do the vaccine or wear the mask dont. Stop belly aching about it. Its just the way it is. Otherwise, for those that are going... hoping someone can answer or post a fanview from last night. The setlist is the setlist... But one of the Crown Jewels of this forum is hearing from our fellow jammers about the intricacies of a show. Any good Ed chatter? Some people hate that (it takes up a song!) but its part of the show. THATS ED. So many want to form the band into their own mold. They are who they are. We are just fans. Forget about who went last night.

Also... do you guys think the setlist will be a bit longer? Seemed short. I know back in the day when I saw him solo NYC I seem to remember a longer set? Was hoping for a lil Into the Wild with this Earthling tour. Covers are great. Room at Top is epic. RITFW is always cool, but having seen PJ a bunch of times and Ed I could sub that. 

I think these sets are going to surprise a lot of people. Can't wait to see the fanviews. 
  • WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 558
    PJNB, surprise in what way? Curious what your thinking!
    WW187806 said:

private warm up gigs, with any band, are usually shorter in length than a regular show (at least in my experience). 

www.headstonesband.com