Ed & The Earthlings private gig tonight

13»

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    WW187806 said:
    PJNB, surprise in what way? Curious what your thinking!
    Not much hype or excitement coming from these shows. I am more just trying to be positive and no real info. EV always puts on a hell of a performance. 
    No way these shows will be under 2hrs. I am guessing 20 plus songs a night. 
  • WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 558
    I agree. I know many didnt get in. But still. Lacking the live music experience... Eddie always brings it. Today is the first day it kind of hit me that its real. Never seen a show, especially featuring the epic singer from my favorite band, without knowing songs. Eddie has magic, and I know there's going to be something... Room at the Top has always been a favorite of mine, and that Petty album really didnt get its due, it is great. I also wonder how it will be with the audience... will it be quiet to start with just Ed and then full on concert? I know as a friendly warning to anyone that hasn't seen Ed solo... these theaters (especially since this is an MSG owned one) really enforce what the artist wants. Mask is one thing. They will throw you out for recording etc. Ive seen it so just word to the warriors out there. 
  • KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    The Earthlings show I saw was 19 songs and I recall it running about 1 hour, 45 minutes. It had only 2 songs from Earthling compared to 9 last night, so my guess is he adds most, if not all, of the other songs and subtracts some of the covers. He could do around 22 songs in a 2 hour show.
  • reyrey Posts: 280
    I don't think the setlist from the private show will be reflective of what the setlists will look like for the regular shows on the tour.  It seems like he used this private show to play a bunch of songs from the new album and covers......it doesn't look like they played anything from Into the Wild or any of his other previous solo songs, many of which I'm sure will be in the setlists for the regular shows.  
    I wonder if he comes out and does 5 or 6 songs solo then brings out the full band for some Earthling songs every show. 
  • KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    PJNB said:
    I wonder if he comes out and does 5 or 6 songs solo then brings out the full band for some Earthling songs every show. 
    I think the September 25th show I saw is kind of the blue print for this tour. Five songs solo to start off then the rest with the band. More Earthling songs and less covers that at that show is what I’m expecting.
  • Playing Rockin' in the Free World...

... but won't stand by Neil Young boycotting Spotify.

What to say what to say.

BUT SOON SHE WAS DOWN SOON HE WAS LOW AT A QUARTER PAST A HOLY NO SHE HAD TO TURN AROUND

Dissident is such a great song.
     It is a great song. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,258

Epic private party with @eddievedder and the earthlings last night in Port Chester. The band played for a crowd of less than 500 people. 2/1/22 Go see them on their upcoming debut tour! 🌊 🌊 🌊 @chadsmithofficial @thisiswatt @glenhansard #pearljam #eddievedder #rhcp

• Saw Ed’s post on the tour which I appreciate. Last night’ show seen a ton of pics/videos some not posted here and completely no masks at all. Curious why the difference?

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    rey said:
    I don't think the setlist from the private show will be reflective of what the setlists will look like for the regular shows on the tour.  It seems like he used this private show to play a bunch of songs from the new album and covers......it doesn't look like they played anything from Into the Wild or any of his other previous solo songs, many of which I'm sure will be in the setlists for the regular shows.  
    Right.  Use the opportunity to play as a band.  Ed knows how to play solo already so no need to waste time there.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    The new record will be played. No ‘seems’ to it. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Saw Ed’s post on the tour which I appreciate. Last night’ show seen a ton of pics/videos some not posted here and completely no masks at all. Curious why the difference?
    Assuming masking policy is venue specific.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22