Options

Ukraine

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    this is the stupidest game of risk in like, forever.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,941
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    mickeyrat said:
    This is first serous war since the world has been truly connected.  And the images are amazing.  That video you posted in the trenches was crazy.  Same with the one where the Russian saboteurs were killed. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    This is first serous war since the world has been truly connected.  And the images are amazing.  That video you posted in the trenches was crazy.  Same with the one where the Russian saboteurs were killed. 

while fakes and staged videos can be and are most certainly out there, for the most part its real shit that can be used to blow apart official narrative (russian propaganda,  etc..)
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,775
    So... cluster bombs OK'd to send to Ukraine. 

‘Terrible mistake’: human rights groups decry sending cluster bombs to Ukraine

Joe Biden faces backlash from organizations and from within his own party for greenlighting transfer of the weapons

WTF next?  Napalm again?  

Sad.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    brianlux said:

Joe Biden faces backlash from organizations and from within his own party for greenlighting transfer of the weapons

WTF next?  Napalm again?  

Sad.

I have to believe Biden’s admin knows better than to give these materials without strict and narrow conditions permitting their use (such as a credible and imminent threat on a nuclear plant). If Ukraine goes out of line, they risk their access to further aid, which would jeopardize their existence.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:
    brianlux said:

WTF next?  Napalm again?  

Sad.

I have to believe Biden’s admin knows better than to give these materials without strict and narrow conditions permitting their use (such as a credible and imminent threat on a nuclear plant). If Ukraine goes out of line, they risk their access to further aid, which would jeopardize their existence.

I hope you are correct, Ben.  But when it comes to war, I tend to be skeptical about how these kinds of things are carried out.  These bombs will leave ones that fail to explode- perhaps for several years.  Some kid is going to pick one up and get his or her little self blown to smithereens. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,182
    brianlux said:

WTF next?  Napalm again?  

Sad.

cluster bombs have already been in use in ukraine, both by russians and ukrainian forces. fair game as far as i'm concerned. if they had not been in use in this conflict before, i would have an issue with it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    brianlux said:

WTF next?  Napalm again?  

Sad.

cluster bombs have already been in use in ukraine, both by russians and ukrainian forces. fair game as far as i'm concerned. if they had not been in use in this conflict before, i would have an issue with it.

I didn't know that.  
    War is such dirty business. 
    WWI: (and others) mustard gas
    WWII: Nuclear bombs
    Vietnam:  napalm and god knows what else
    Ukraine:  Cluster bombs

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

WTF next?  Napalm again?  

Sad.

I didn't know that.  

WWII - Zyklon B
  • Options

• Options
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,182
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

WTF next?  Napalm again?  

Sad.

I didn't know that.  

WWII - Zyklon B
    iraq war and west bank: white phosphorus
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,683
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

WTF next?  Napalm again?  

Sad.

I didn't know that.  

WWII - Zyklon B
    iraq war and west bank: white phosphorus
    Depleted uranium munitions.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Could be about all wars:

"And all the politicians makin' crazy sounds
    And everybody puttin' everybody down
    And all the dead bodies piled up in mounds"
    -Lou Reed

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options