Vault 1 shipped (U.K.)

Comments

• 87astro87astro North Carolina Posts: 50
    rw160510 said:

Just need vault 2 now :rock_on:
    Curious as if you could provide the measurements of the height of that shelf?  Along with the width of the vaults?  I know I would have to add the width of one more....going to build a nice wooden box to house the vault set 1-10....with fingers crossed I can snag a 2 when and if it releases.  Would like to line it with a nice soft material as to not damage any of the books. Thank you in advance!

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,654
    Classic GZ quality control.
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    lol, I will be interested to see if the US version is pressed somewhere else.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,937
    MedozK said:

If so... is there such a thing as vinyl pressing envy?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    on2legs said:
    MedozK said:

If so... is there such a thing as vinyl pressing envy?
    Definitely
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 945
    edited January 2022
    87astro said:
    rw160510 said:

Curious as if you could provide the measurements of the height of that shelf?  Along with the width of the vaults?  I know I would have to add the width of one more....going to build a nice wooden box to house the vault set 1-10....with fingers crossed I can snag a 2 when and if it releases.  Would like to line it with a nice soft material as to not damage any of the books. Thank you in advance!

It’s an IKEA kallax 4x3 unit. Internal measurements are 33cmx33cmx39cm. Vaults easily fit in with no overhang at the back:
    https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/cat/kallax-series-27534/
    Post edited by rw160510 on
  • Now.  I have  no way of playing  this.  I havent unwrapped it. But  now i wonder if its one  of the  misprint s or fucked  up issues . To open  or not  is the question.  A minor  problem  in todays climate. 

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    How does it sound?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    How does it sound?
    I'm no audiophile but it sounds good to me. Eddie speaks pretty fast between songs, I'm not sure if they've slightly speeded up his talky bits or if that's normal. I dont recall him speaking that fast on other early shows. He does sound really young though.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    mcgruff10 said:
    How does it sound?
    I'm no audiophile but it sounds good to me. Eddie speaks pretty fast between songs, I'm not sure if they've slightly speeded up his talky bits or if that's normal. I dont recall him speaking that fast on other early shows. He does sound really young though.
    Compared to the OG release on CD faster? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Now.  I have  no way of playing  this.  I havent unwrapped it. But  now i wonder if its one  of the  misprint s or fucked  up issues . To open  or not  is the question.  A minor  problem  in todays climate. 

I had one to send to someone in Australia and wanted to check all okay before I sent it. So was able to split the seam carefully to pull back the wrap, check the vinyl pretty much without touching anything and then get the shrinkwrap back in place again, good as new and still wrapped up safely for posting. Worth doing as you'll never get a chance to replace in future!
  • mcgruff10 said:
    How does it sound?
    Compared to the OG release on CD faster? 
    Never heard the CD version I'm afraid so cant say.
    mcgruff10 said:
    How does it sound?
    Sounds pretty good to me. 
  • 87astro87astro North Carolina Posts: 50
    rw160510 said:
    87astro said:
    rw160510 said:

It’s an IKEA kallax 4x3 unit. Internal measurements are 33cmx33cmx39cm. Vaults easily fit in with no overhang at the back:
    https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/cat/kallax-series-27534/
    Thank you very much!
    Also, +1 on the Kallax. I have two & they are perfect for LPs. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Now.  I have  no way of playing  this.  I havent unwrapped it. But  now i wonder if its one  of the  misprint s or fucked  up issues . To open  or not  is the question.  A minor  problem  in todays climate. 

Depends, if you never have plans to open it then it wont matter. A collector will probably still take the risk and buy it sealed in the future because they have no plans to open either.  You will be able to tell if the inners are messed up without opening, you can see the opening at the top.
  • Spin the black circle!

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,992
    edited January 2022
    Now.  I have  no way of playing  this.  I havent unwrapped it. But  now i wonder if its one  of the  misprint s or fucked  up issues . To open  or not  is the question.  A minor  problem  in todays climate. 

Tough choice. Choose wisely my friend. X-ray specs?  Maybe take it for an ultrasound. 
    Post edited by Loujoe on
    edited January 2022

Post edited by Loujoe on
    edited January 2022
    Post edited by Loujoe on
  • Mine came through just fine, both records and no duplicates.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CZEiZ01ABB2/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
  • Replacement arrived today, correct records, pictures the correct way up etc.

Quick turnaround, so overall am happy
  • rw160510 said:

You have the records on this the wrong way.  No one else noticed this?

You have the shelves in shear which is the weakest way to have that much weight on these.  You need to rotate the whole kalax system 90 degrees.

Example of what could happen.
    Ok You scared me enough to start reinforcing my Kallax  rvinyl
    rw160510 said:

You have the records on this the wrong way.  No one else noticed this?

You have the shelves in shear which is the weakest way to have that much weight on these.  You need to rotate the whole kalax system 90 degrees.

Example of what could happen.
    Ok You scared me enough to start reinforcing my Kallax  rvinyl
    That's what I did. No way that thing was going vertical. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited January 2022
    Thanks Chris! I’ll see what I can do to fix it. Might need a room rethink as it’s a 4x3 rather than a 4x4 or 5x5 :?
    Post edited by rw160510 on
    rw160510 said:
    Thanks Chris! I’ll see what I can do to fix it. Might need a room rethink as it’s a 4x3 rather than a 4x4 or 5x5 :?
    Initially I was hoping to go vertical, as it made a small footprint, however turning it horizontal allowed for less worry about it wobbling under weight and I was able to place stereo equipment on top. I have a photo here somewhere...
    www.cluthelee.com

www.cluthelee.com
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166

Thats the way I put mine, I have all bottom sections filled with boxsets and heavy book type records. Alphabetical like its own section. I have the units distributed around the walls due to the weight and my record room being upstairs. It would be a smaller footprint to have them upright like they are designed to be. I still have my Third Man  Vault 50 in its box like that as well waiting to be filed.

Hot