Options

Kyrsten Sinema

Comments

• Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:

I've never heard of Mediaite.com.  How do we know this is valid "reporting"?  Anything to confirm this is true?
    And you simply posted a link.  What do you yourself have anything to say about this?

Here is the tweet from the original story: https://twitter.com/RBReich/status/1484223895297089539 

Yes. It is a true story and it is fucked up to intimidate a political official with physical violence just because she didn't vote the way he wanted her to.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    JB16057 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:

I've never heard of Mediaite.com.  How do we know this is valid "reporting"?  Anything to confirm this is true?
    And you simply posted a link.  What do you yourself have anything to say about this?

Here is the tweet from the original story: https://twitter.com/RBReich/status/1484223895297089539 

Yes. It is a true story and it is fucked up to intimidate a political official with physical violence just because she didn't vote the way he wanted her to.

lol....give it a rest. He retracted it and gave a logical explanation.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:

lol....give it a rest. He retracted it and gave a logical explanation
    A logical explanation? Wishing physical harm on someone can not be logically explained.
  • Options

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    JB16057 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:

No, I don't trust Fox either. 
    I did a quick search and only came up with Faux News regarding this incident.  When I have more time, I'll look further.  I will say, if this story is true, I have two reactions:  One, it would be a stupid thing to say.  People who are highly visible and influential would do well to look before they leap.  Two:  If this is really what he said, I really doubt he meant it in a literal sense.  He likely was trying to be metaphorical.  But still, that leads back to my first reaction.  That would be a stupid choice of words, poor choice at best.

But as for me, I'm not highly visible or in a position of power so I will say about Sinema, she can go.... well, maybe I will run for office someday.  Better not go  there.  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:

Are you seriously condoning his behavior? Back of the hand means one thing. If you can't admit that or denounce it, I take it that you support beating women.
  • Options

no charge for today's lesson...

• Options
    Another thread I regret making.
    I'll see you all over in AET or Other Music.  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options

You must not have read the quote. Republicans were shaking her hand and Democrats should've given her the back of their hands. He is clearly comparing the physical touch. Not a rejection or snub.

I don't think he actually meant it this way but it is still a fucked up thing to say. It would've been one thing to only say Democrats should've given her the back of the hand but he compared it to the physical touch of shaking Republican hands.

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495

lol
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

You must not have read the quote. Republicans were shaking her hand and Democrats should've given her the back of their hands. He is clearly comparing the physical touch. Not a rejection or snub.

I don't think he actually meant it this way but it is still a fucked up thing to say. It would've been one thing to only say Democrats should've given her the back of the hand but he compared it to the physical touch of shaking Republican hands.

Ok so you don't think it meant it that way...and he tweeted that he meant the rebuke

Yet you are still carrying on about it

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:

Are you seriously condoning his behavior? Back of the hand means one thing. If you can't admit that or denounce it, I take it that you support beating women.
    it means one thing eh?  I just showed you two different definitions that don't include yours

• Options
    JB16057 said:

Ok so you don't think it meant it that way...and he tweeted that he meant the rebuke

It's still a fucked up thing to say.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

he agreed....that's why he deleted the tweet

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

He only agreed because he got called out for it.

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Well...that sort of backs up his explanation that he intended it as a rebuke rather than physical violence right?

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Well...that sort of backs up his explanation that he intended it as a rebuke rather than physical violence right?

It was a poorly worded comparison. Can we agree on that?

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

It was a poorly worded comparison. Can we agree on that?

yes we all agree on that...including Reich

• Options
    Beating Dead GIF - Beating Dead Horse - Discover amp Share GIFs  Horses Horse  animation Dead

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    JB16057 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:

oh come on, it is robert reich's day in the barrel of right wing anger. let them get that hate out.

i do not advocate violence. but i would enjoy seeing her primaried.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Beating Dead GIF - Beating Dead Horse - Discover amp Share GIFs  Horses Horse  animation Dead
    lol
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:

oh come on, it is robert reich's day in the barrel of right wing anger. let them get that hate out.

i do not advocate violence. but i would enjoy seeing her primaried.

Maybe instead of slapping Sinama someone should do what Paul Westeberg did at an in-store show when someone heckled him.  He ran up to the guy with fists clenched but instead of punching the guy he kissed him on the lips and ran back up on stage and continued playing.  But, no, I'm not volunteering to do that.  Maybe if COVID ends though.  :lol: 

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    :ohstop:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    :ohstop:

:kiss:       

:lol:

• Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    brianlux said:
    brianlux, you could start a thread on the Moving Train titled 'rainbows, puppies, and unicorn' and someone will hijack your thread and mention trump, fox news, vaccines, etc.   ;)
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux, you could start a thread on the Moving Train titled 'rainbows, puppies, and unicorn' and someone will hijack your thread and mention trump, fox news, vaccines, etc.   ;)

Truth!  :smiley:

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798

Sinema faces blowback in Arizona for votes defying Democrats
    By JONATHAN J. COOPER
    Today

PHOENIX (AP) — U.S. Sen. Kyrsten Sinema is growing increasingly isolated from some of her party’s most influential officials and donors after playing a key role in scuttling voting rights legislation that many Democrats consider essential to preserving democracy.

Sinema faces a vote of disapproval and possible censure from leaders of the Arizona Democratic Party on Saturday, a symbolic condemnation for the woman who just three years ago brought the party an Arizona Senate seat for the first time in a generation.

Donors are threatening to walk away. Several groups are already collecting money for an eventual primary challenge, even though she’s not on the ballot until 2024. Young activists are holding a second hunger strike to draw attention to Sinema's vote.

The moves offer a preview of the persistent opposition Sinema will likely face within her own party in the two years before she next appears on a ballot. The independent streak that has given her tremendous leverage over the agenda in Washington has enraged many Democrats back home who are intent on preventing her reelection.

“Any reservoir of goodwill that she had is gone,” said Rep. Ruben Gallego, an Arizona Democrat who may challenge Sinema from the left.

continues.... .

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    she will not seek re-election. last week before this vote she was polling at about 20% in AZ.

she blew up her own political career to protect the filibuster.

craziest thing i have seen in some time.

• Options
    she will not seek re-election. last week before this vote she was polling at about 20% in AZ.

she blew up her own political career to protect the filibuster.

craziest thing i have seen in some time.

she must be getting horrible advice from someone...really stupid moves