Will the EV Tour be postponed take 2

2»

Comments

• Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,617
    PJINFLA said:
    It was a good thread before it was derailed. Could we discuss again while being civil and respectful of people with different points of view.  I’ll kick it off with thinking it would be wise to push it out by a few weeks to let the situation settle down a bit.  Cheers all 
    Thank you for restarting my thread. Was BS that it got shut down because a couple people got their panties in a wad and had to tag mommy (SEA) to close it.
    Oh, no need to sub-post. It was getting closed regardless. Much like this thread, it's derailing into a debate on being cautious vs. "oh, more people die in car wrecks"
    And if it means helping shut down someone from spreading unsafe information, or participating in misdirection to satisfy they're own craving to see the band we all love, I'll tag the moderator every time.

P.S. my boxer briefs, were in fact, somewhat bunched. But the ramblings on some throwaway post on a message board do not affect my feelings one iota :* :kisses:
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Go Animal said:
    bbiggs said:
    Proof of 3 shots has not been required anywhere in the U.S. to retain fully vaccinated status to my knowledge, so unless that changes, that would not be the requirement for EV shows unless a venue decides to implement something above and beyond what the standard is.
    Oh, I know. I just wish promoters & venues would man up, and make that the standard. Anything less is half-assed at this point. I wore my mask at both SHN & Ohana because I knew that the proof of vax/negative test wasn't foolproof. I didn't get infected.
    I only have Omicron now because I made the foolhardy decision to see Spider-Man NWH with friends, and thanks to my 2 shots, I'm only dealing with light flu/heavy cold symptoms.
    We need to get serious.
    Speedy recovery 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    Go Animal said:
    bbiggs said:
    Proof of 3 shots has not been required anywhere in the U.S. to retain fully vaccinated status to my knowledge, so unless that changes, that would not be the requirement for EV shows unless a venue decides to implement something above and beyond what the standard is.
    Oh, I know. I just wish promoters & venues would man up, and make that the standard. Anything less is half-assed at this point. I wore my mask at both SHN & Ohana because I knew that the proof of vax/negative test wasn't foolproof. I didn't get infected.
    I only have Omicron now because I made the foolhardy decision to see Spider-Man NWH with friends, and thanks to my 2 shots, I'm only dealing with light flu/heavy cold symptoms.
    We need to get serious.
    Speedy recovery 
    :thumbs up:
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,951
    Go Animal said:
    PJINFLA said:
    It was a good thread before it was derailed. Could we discuss again while being civil and respectful of people with different points of view.  I’ll kick it off with thinking it would be wise to push it out by a few weeks to let the situation settle down a bit.  Cheers all 
    Thank you for restarting my thread. Was BS that it got shut down because a couple people got their panties in a wad and had to tag mommy (SEA) to close it.
    Oh, no need to sub-post. It was getting closed regardless. Much like this thread, it's derailing into a debate on being cautious vs. "oh, more people die in car wrecks"
    And if it means helping shut down someone from spreading unsafe information, or participating in misdirection to satisfy they're own craving to see the band we all love, I'll tag the moderator every time.

P.S. my boxer briefs, were in fact, somewhat bunched. But the ramblings on some throwaway post on a message board do not affect my feelings one iota :* :kisses:
    Promoting that unvaccinated are a threat to vaccinated is bad info. That messaging only heightened vaccine hesitancy because what they heard is that the vaccines don’t work. 
    edited January 2022
    Go Animal said:
    PJINFLA said:

Promoting that unvaccinated are a threat to vaccinated is bad info. That messaging only heightened vaccine hesitancy because what they heard is that the vaccines don’t work. 
    Not what I'm saying at all. Vaccines work.
    Vaccinated individuals can still be carriers. If an unvaccinated person is in close contact to someone who is unwittingly carrying the Omicron variant, then they are at risk.
    I'm not one to say "oh, well. You made your choice." If someone is healthy, and able to get the vaccine, and they haven't, I will most definitely shame them, but I won't punish them by putting them at risk.
    I have Omicron right now. Last night I had body aches, shivers, and a strong head cold. I have 2 shots in me. If I didn't, I'd be in the hospital. Again, vaccines work.
    Would I go to an EV show tomorrow? No. Because I don't want to get you sick. Whether it's full-blown Covid, or the flu-like effects of Omicron even if you've been vaxxed. Vaccines work, but we all need to get boosters. And we need to do everything we can to stay ahead of Covid variants.
    That's what I've been saying the whole time, spelled out.

• DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 966
    hope the shows aren't cancelled. Ready to go today. Triple vaxed. Been around several people over the holidays who have omicron now. I think I may have had it, maybe not. Personally don't really care. If I'm sick, Ill stay home.  If you are around me unprotected, that's your choice, no worries from me. May sound selfish but that's the reality we are in. We all have the choice, prefer to keep it that way. Quit canceling shit! The show must go on

• SeaSea Posts: 3,010
    edited January 2022
    Please do not re-post a closed thread unless you are given permission. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.