Discussions on Benaroya Hall LP set.

Comments

• CP218430 said:
    Loujoe said:
    All this stuff will be worthless someday. I imagine when I'm gone leaving piles of records behind.. ."I think dad had a problem" as the dumpster gets filled.
    I’m all about leaving heavy piles of stuff my kids have no idea what to do with.  

I can’t tell you how many sets of fancy silverware I have in storage that just keeps multiplying and getting passed down over and over.  This will be my contribution.

At least my kids will have access to my discogs page. So they have some sort of idea. There isn’t a silverware site that I know of 

This right here made me laugh out loud. But would you unload the silverware or just make it the final practical joke you pull on your kids? I love the latter. 
    It's like the traditional holiday Fruit Cake that gets passed around.
  • CP218430 said:
    Loujoe said:
    All this stuff will be worthless someday. I imagine when I'm gone leaving piles of records behind.. ."I think dad had a problem" as the dumpster gets filled.
    I’m all about leaving heavy piles of stuff my kids have no idea what to do with.  

I can’t tell you how many sets of fancy silverware I have in storage that just keeps multiplying and getting passed down over and over.  This will be my contribution.

At least my kids will have access to my discogs page. So they have some sort of idea. There isn’t a silverware site that I know of 

This right here made me laugh out loud. But would you unload the silverware or just make it the final practical joke you pull on your kids? I love the latter. 
    It's like the traditional holiday Fruit Cake that gets passed around.
    I’ve got 3 in my freezer right now. 

• andrew68andrew68 Posts: 1,804
    sold one a year or so ago for $1,750.00
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,836
    andrew68 said:
    Must’ve been some fruitcake. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    SHZA said:
    didn't one signed by the entire band go for that price not long ago? from MC's son?
    He sold (at least) 2. First was like $1k then I bought one for 3k 
    Congrats on that score!! Did you post pics in Collectionzz?
    Things were different then
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    dankind said:
    andrew68 said:
    Must’ve been some fruitcake. 
    Interested Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU
    www.cluthelee.com
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    Evel K said:
    SHZA said:
    didn't one signed by the entire band go for that price not long ago? from MC's son?
    He sold (at least) 2. First was like $1k then I bought one for 3k 
    Congrats on that score!! Did you post pics in Collectionzz?
    Thanks! I did https://www.collectionzz.com/SHZA/shza-s-posters/benaroya-band-signed 
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited December 2021
    It’s got a bid on it (not me)

A lot to spend on unseen vinyl 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
    It’s got a bid on it (not me)

A lot to spend on unseen vinyl 
    Not me either. Maybe $2000.01
    www.cluthelee.com
    Dang, I hope $2k isn’t the new standard for an opened set. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,271
    edited December 2021
    Dang, I hope $2k isn’t the new standard for an opened set. 
    I remember when they were inducted into the RRHOF, there were a few that went in the $200-2500 range within a few months. Since then it seems like most people expect to get at least 2k for a good copy. I don’t think people are lining up to pay that price, but at the same time If anyone posted one up for less it would probably go fast.
  • Dang, I hope $2k isn’t the new standard for an opened set. 
    If it is indeed “mint and unplayed” I don’t think it’s entirely out of the ballpark if the last several sealed ones have gone 2600-3000. It’s trending that way at least. Just can’t make that determination from the listing nor do I believe someone would own an open copy and not play it. Who knows how many hands that copy has gone through and no one has played it?

i don’t care that much about box condition but usually the box is somewhat related to condition of what’s inside the box. Like if your careful with the box you are careful with the contents.  

It’s got 2 bidders now so maybe it’s priced right. If that’s the new market though, I would just prefer covering the gap to get sealed. It’s a ton of money either way and open seems like an expensive gamble. 

With an album that hits the market once every couple of months a handful of buyers have the ability to determine the value of everyone else’s copy depending on how much they want one .  No one will list theirs for less than the last one sold for… and so on 
    If you’re paying $2k or more, I’d expect the entire set to look better than those photos. I threw in a hasty offer via message to the seller though, so I get it. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • I agree. Only one can win but you’ve got two people who don’t seem to care about that. 

Someone has to sell to that losing bidder now and you know already what they were prepared to pay. 

Two starts to make a price trend. Especially if another one gets listed fairly soon 

if I had an open copy, I would be tempted.  Take better photos and who knows, maybe you find another bidder plus the one you know is coming 
  • Insane that anyone would pay that much for an album they can find on any other media for nothing. If you have one sell that shit. 
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,032
    I'll take two!
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,271
    Insane that anyone would pay that much for an album they can find on any other media for nothing. If you have one sell that shit. 
    I have to assume at this point it’s not about the sound or music, it’s a collection. Because you’re right, unless you make 500k a year and 2 grand is no big deal, I don’t care how much better it sounds, the CD is good enough.
  • mace1229 said:
    Insane that anyone would pay that much for an album they can find on any other media for nothing. If you have one sell that shit. 
    I have to assume at this point it’s not about the sound or music, it’s a collection. Because you’re right, unless you make 500k a year and 2 grand is no big deal, I don’t care how much better it sounds, the CD is good enough.
    Plus this one isn’t even mastered for vinyl I don’t think. So it sounds exactly the same plus add in the surface noise. Best case it probably sounds a bit worse 

and I still want one just not at that price. Go figure 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    My suggestion to the collectors is sell one of your prized collectibles and I think there will be a good chance you'll get just as excited about selling the collection off as you were collecting (rather than living in regret you don't have the collection).  
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    My suggestion to the collectors is sell one of your prized collectibles and I think there will be a good chance you'll get just as excited about selling the collection off as you were collecting (rather than living in regret you don't have the collection).  
    Or you’ll be like “dammit. Why did I sell that.  I don’t want to buy it again at the current price!”  

That’s from experience:lol:
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    Or you’ll be like “dammit. Why did I sell that.  I don’t want to buy it again at the current price!”  

That’s from experience:lol:
    Fargo 2003 poster, dammit. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Thread edited. Thought it might be nice to have a centralized discussion about this wine colored mofo’ here in LD! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • My suggestion to the collectors is sell one of your prized collectibles and I think there will be a good chance you'll get just as excited about selling the collection off as you were collecting (rather than living in regret you don't have the collection).  
    I do that all the time. I’ll sell a sealed record with a minor ding so I can buy that same record with perfect corners for more money. I always end up with the same number of albums and less money 

I must be doing it wrong
  • Adi TAdi T Posts: 161
    Sealed just went for $3k on eBay (12/4). Just one bidder, at that starting price, but one is all it takes I guess. I wonder how true the reissue rumors are and what it would mean for the first pressings.
    2003: Camden 7/6 | MSG 7/8 | MSG 7/9
    2006: East Rutherford 6/1 | East Rutherford 6/3
    2008: MSG 6/24 | MSG 6/25 | EV Solo Newark 8/7
    2010: MSG 5/20 | MSG 5/21
    2011: PJ20 Alpine Valley 9/3 | PJ20 Alpine Valley 9/4
    2012: EV Solo Orlando 11/27
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18 | Brooklyn 10/19
    2015: Central Park 9/26 | Mexico City 11/28
    2016: Fort Lauderdale 4/8 | Miami 4/9 | New Orleans 4/23 | Philadelphia 4/27 | MSG 5/1 | MSG 5/2
    edited December 2021
    Adi T said:
    Sealed just went for $3k on eBay (12/4). Just one bidder, at that starting price, but one is all it takes I guess. I wonder how true the reissue rumors are and what it would mean for the first pressings.
    The one before that a few months ago went for 3k as well with multiple bidders. 

I think it started at 2 or 2.5k

may be in the minority but if they reissue it the biggest hit will be the open copies. I think the sealed ones do just fine 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
    Can’t believe this open one will go for $2k. Let’s hope that’s an anomaly. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited December 2021
    Can’t believe this open one will go for $2k. Let’s hope that’s an anomaly. 
    That seller is going to be pissed with the 14 day payment hold he’s going to get hit with.  Getting paid as a new or infrequent seller sucks 
    Grab the tapes, master for vinyl, change the box, black vinyl, $50 and donate proceeds to YouthCare. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Grab the tapes, master for vinyl, change the box, black vinyl, $50 and donate proceeds to YouthCare. 
    YES.

The Original would still maintain its value and those with sealed copies would finally have a copy that they would be willing to open & play. I just want to spin this damn thing. Prices are absolutely insane.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Adi T said:
    Could have been a shill bid, who knows but every potential seller takes notice and they all raise their prices even if no one is really buying them at that price.