Discussions on Benaroya Hall LP set.

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
edited December 2021 in Lost Dogs
There's one up in the place we don't talk about, opened, box has some damage. $2k seems crazy high for a non-sealed Benaroya. Made offer of $1500 via message, no dice. 
www.cluthelee.com
Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Not sure, to be honest. I was so close to spending $1500 on it at one point, but just couldn't do it. I wish they'd just reissue the damn thing on standard black vinyl.

I think if you want it, go for it...then hang onto it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited December 2021
    It’s open. Zero pics of the vinyl. Zero feedback seller

plus who opens a benny and doesn’t play it? I find that unbelievable 

pass 

it didn’t sell before at 2k that’s a re list 

that number has an owner on the Benny list thread I’d ask that person if they are selling it or if they still own it if it was me 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Its time for a reissue. If they are willing to do it with posters, lets just full on send it with other things too
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    No way.  
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,271
    I’ve said this about other items before and was wrong, so I guess that means I’m due to be right?
    These seemed to really jump in price 3 or 4 years ago, I keep expecting it to go down or at least level off. I don’t see any reason spending 2k on any vinyl unless that kind of money won’t make you sick to your stomach if they reissue it next month and they go for $50.
  • I would pass 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    Thanks all! Much love! ❤️
    www.cluthelee.com
    Someone named Glen according to the spreadsheet, but that was 6 years ago. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Someone named Glen according to the spreadsheet, but that was 6 years ago. 
    Call me paranoid but you know that’s getting shipped as pictured bouncing all the way in the cardboard sleeves (I assume that’s all they came with like the vaults?)

you get it scratched to hell, seller says vinyl is mint. You get refund and they get the insurance claim

I’m sure people have done it before to scratched valuable records.  
    For that asking price the seller should post more photos & at least talk about bubble wrapping the shit out of it, sturdy mailer, etc. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,149
    Take out a zero and I’d consider it lol 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,032
    All this stuff will be worthless someday. I imagine when I'm gone leaving piles of records behind.. ."I think dad had a problem" as the dumpster gets filled.
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

Definitely not moving on this. Hard to keep track of the going rates on these. Appreciate the feedback! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited December 2021
    Loujoe said:
    All this stuff will be worthless someday. I imagine when I'm gone leaving piles of records behind.. ."I think dad had a problem" as the dumpster gets filled.
    I’m all about leaving heavy piles of stuff my kids have no idea what to do with.  

I can’t tell you how many sets of fancy silverware I have in storage that just keeps multiplying and getting passed down over and over.  This will be my contribution.

At least my kids will have access to my discogs page. So they have some sort of idea. There isn’t a silverware site that I know of 

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Definitely not moving on this. Hard to keep track of the going rates on these. Appreciate the feedback! 
    If you get one get a nice one and don’t look back.   That’s what I did.  Made the plunge last Spring lol
    edited December 2021
    I might have bought it if I knew for sure the vinyl was unplayed. Hypothetically 2k seems like a better deal than more money for a sealed one that you won’t open because you just devalued it 

I really want a well kept open version way more than a sealed one. 

Your offer seemed reasonable 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,527
    Loujoe said:
    I’m all about leaving heavy piles of stuff my kids have no idea what to do with.  

I can’t tell you how many sets of fancy silverware I have in storage that just keeps multiplying and getting passed down over and over.  This will be my contribution.

At least my kids will have access to my discogs page. So they have some sort of idea. There isn’t a silverware site that I know of 

haha, all fairness though, once our generation ages out along with us, the people collection PJ stuff is going to be pretty small.  I wonder at what age the average PJ fan will hit before the stuff floods the market.   Probably in our later 70s and 80s when we have to downsize and can't keep all our stuff?
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    Loujoe said:
    Could be said of most things we buy. I wouldn’t recommend buying a Benny or really any records as some kind of long-term investment (or short- or medium-term investment for that matter). But if you want one and can swing it, if it’ll make you happy and won’t cause you to miss a mortgage payment or cause a huge fight with your spouse or whatever, then go for it. Like @cp3iverson I did so earlier this year and, while I haven’t found the right time yet to rip it open and spin it, I will soon (perhaps over the holidays) and I’m happy to have it. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    Zod said:
    Loujoe said:

haha, all fairness though, once our generation ages out along with us, the people collection PJ stuff is going to be pretty small.  I wonder at what age the average PJ fan will hit before the stuff floods the market.   Probably in our later 70s and 80s when we have to downsize and can't keep all our stuff?
    My grandpa was a farmer and when he passed, his farm house was full of scale model tractors

We had no idea what to do with them.  Literally bedrooms full of toy tractors.  Wall to wall, floor to ceiling.  The vaulted ceilings on both floors also had 3 rows of shelving displayed throughout the hallways, living room, dining room, etc.  And display shelves anywhere there was room.

Turns out they're collectible.  We called an auctioneer and sold most of them.  I kept a few that I remember playing with as a child, that were worthless because they were beat up.  The rest were all still in the box.  I forget how much we got, but it was in the $10s of thousands when all was said and done.  Pretty wild.
    Yep. If it makes you happy. Buy, spin play, collect. just not necessarily for investment purposes. I love my stuff.
    edited December 2021
    Zod said:
    Loujoe said:

I just added a ton of stuff. Some dude who I think was one of those storage wars types of guys got ahold of the biggest PJ collection I’ve ever seen 

he flooded the market with all kinds of vinyl and posters for like two months and is now back to selling stuff that obviously came from an abandoned storage unit. It was all 100 percent legit stuff

i wonder what happened to that collector . That’s probably the fate of all our collections eventually. 

one of the reused boxes I got had “Twenty 2 of 12” written on it or something like that.

anyone who’s looked at auctions recently knows exactly who I’m talking about 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    Zod said:
    Loujoe said:

I just added a ton of stuff. Some dude who I think was one of those storage wars types of guys got ahold of the biggest PJ collection I’ve ever seen 

he flooded the market with all kinds of vinyl and posters for like two months and is now back to selling stuff that obviously came from an abandoned storage unit. It was all 100 percent legit stuff

i wonder what happened to that collector . That’s probably the fate of all our collections eventually. 

one of the reused boxes I got had “Twenty 2 of 12” written on it or something like that.

anyone who’s looked at auctions recently knows exactly who I’m talking about 
    I'm actually getting ready to dump my non-framed prints as well.  I have a portfolio full and they will never go up.  
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    didn't one signed by the entire band go for that price not long ago? from MC's son?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• didn't one signed by the entire band go for that price not long ago? from MC's son?
    The last 3 sealed ones (auction not BIN) went for 2600, 3000, 3000
  • No
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    didn't one signed by the entire band go for that price not long ago? from MC's son?
    I think that one was $1,000. Cheap for a signed one.
  • big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,665
    stop w/ the reissues.  the vinyl facilities can't even keep up with the "normal" pressings of new albums.  tired of the variant/limited/colored represses.

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    He sold (at least) 2. First was like $1k then I bought one for 3k 
  • CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,937
    Loujoe said:

This right here made me laugh out loud. But would you unload the silverware or just make it the final practical joke you pull on your kids? I love the latter. 
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."