Official EV Earthling Tour Lottery & Verified Fan Freak Out Thread

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,126
    Comparing how much we paid for tickets has never come up in any preshow small talk I have engaged in. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,126
    JimmyV said:
    Comparing how much we paid for tickets has never come up in any preshow small talk I have engaged in. 
    Although, given the reality of this tour, it might going forward. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    GlowGirl said:
    CM189191 said:
    KL159781 said:
    CM189191 said:
    $695 per ticket now

crazy
    Keep in mind these Platinum priced tickets only happen with the artist’s permission.
    I just can't imagine going to a show and sitting next to someone who paid 1/3 the price for essentially the same seat

it would drive me nuts 
    That happens on planes as well.

Don't get me started on air travel
  • Dynamic pricing is going to be the new thing on TM and it sucks.

Anecdotally, I paid $275 to see Kanye West (hold your opinions) at the Coliseum in Los Angeles tonight. Most people weren’t willing to pay that much, dynamic pricing kicked in, and tickets in the same area are now at $150. Tickets in other areas that were once $200 are now $50.

Dynamic pricing essentially makes TM a scalper. Ask for a lot of money up front and if not enough people are willing to pay, slowly drift your prices down. It fucking sucks as the buyer having to guess whether/when to pull the trigger or wait it out.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    Dynamic pricing is going to be the new thing on TM and it sucks.

Anecdotally, I paid $275 to see Kanye West (hold your opinions) at the Coliseum in Los Angeles tonight. Most people weren’t willing to pay that much, dynamic pricing kicked in, and tickets in the same area are now at $150. Tickets in other areas that were once $200 are now $50.

Dynamic pricing essentially makes TM a scalper. Ask for a lot of money up front and if not enough people are willing to pay, slowly drift your prices down. It fucking sucks as the buyer having to guess whether/when to pull the trigger or wait it out.
    Legal to steal?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Dynamic pricing has been around for years. We have been lucky so far with PJ and I hope that continues going forward. Hopefully this tour is a one off. 
  • Did anyone that scored through 10C get their seat assignments yet?
    Not yet 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,665
    Must say I'm surprised (and disappointed) Ed allowed them to sell Platinum tix for his shows. And almost everything in the general sales appear to be listed as Platinum.
    I didn't criticize the $200 plus fees face (didn't like it but didn't criticize it), but this is a whole different level of gouging your fans.
    Really sad day, I hope the band doesn't follow suit (that DMB example above doesn't fill me with confidence though)

Enjoy the shows everyone.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    If dynamic pricing is here to stay for Pearl Jam/Eddie tickets it’ll be even harder to win the 10 club lottery seats which may be the only way to get decent seats for face value. 

I understand why artists do this, I mean why sell ALL the seats at $150/200 and watch them end up selling at $500/$1000. 

I do have one problem with this though, especially in COVID times - if I buy a ticket for $650 and then can’t go I shouldn’t be only able to recoup $150. I get not allowing resale for higher but why should I eat $500+ per ticket when that’s the price that Ticketmaster set. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,796
    "Hey Ed, here is your 15% for your fan club, which is more than we give any other artists.  We get to do whatever we want with the rest of the tickets." Pretty sure that is how it goes down.
  • KL159781 said:
    CM189191 said:
    $695 per ticket now

crazy
    Keep in mind these Platinum priced tickets only happen with the artist’s permission.
    Yes, but let's not blame Eddie, he knows his worth, he knows what his fans are willing to pay to see him. Bots and scalpers always find a way to make money off him and PJ. So many fans who miss out on buying tickets have pockets deep enough to buy from scalpers. Supply and demand. I'm fortunate that I paid the 10Club lottery price, but if you weren't so lucky and have the funds, you pay the premium prices because we've been doing it for decades for Pearl Jam. 
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Hey good news, I was just charged for my commemorative ticket.... now if only I knew where my seats were :) 
  • WTF……Why would they charge me for a commemorative ticket if I did not get tickets to a show?  Figured it would only be part of getting actual tickets?  
  • WTF……Why would they charge me for a commemorative ticket if I did not get tickets to a show?  Figured it would only be part of getting actual tickets?  
    My God, what a shitshow, lol. Same here…
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    WTF……Why would they charge me for a commemorative ticket if I did not get tickets to a show?  Figured it would only be part of getting actual tickets?  
    That's a nice little bonus "fuck you" from TicketMaster.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    WTF……Why would they charge me for a commemorative ticket if I did not get tickets to a show?  Figured it would only be part of getting actual tickets?  
    No way…
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣Right!?!?!?   
    Holy crap. That's messed up.
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited December 2021

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣Right!?!?!?   
    Ticketmaster participation trophy
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,521
    I really hope covid doesn't cause me a problem.. lol.  I completely blew through the checkout screen hoping the system wouldn't glitch or something.  I complete missed the part about not being able to put the platinum tickets on F2F at the face value you paid.. sigh..  Will lose a mint if the border tightens up.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,796

I would dispute that charge
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,521
    I was also watching a an interview with Metallica a few years back.  The way they put is the promoter offers them X amount of dollars to play a show.   The promoter guarantees it.   Then it's up to the promoter to make it all work.   They admitted turning a blind eye to some of the practices promoters were engaging in (like selling tickets directly to scalpers above face value).

I guess if there's any benefit in dynamic vs. scalper, is the artist is at least getting a fair chunk of the money through dynamic.
  • Get_Right said:

I would dispute that charge
    Just sent the dispute email.  Not holding my breath.  
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Zod said:
    I was also watching a an interview with Metallica a few years back.  The way they put is the promoter offers them X amount of dollars to play a show.   The promoter guarantees it.   Then it's up to the promoter to make it all work.   They admitted turning a blind eye to some of the practices promoters were engaging in (like selling tickets directly to scalpers above face value).

I guess if there's any benefit in dynamic vs. scalper, is the artist is at least getting a fair chunk of the money through dynamic.
    My brother will be at BOTH the 40th anniversary shows in San Fran. Metclub >10club by a factor of 10. He gets perks we could only dream of.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Just saw someone grabbed front row for $235 for Inglewood on Facebook. Why are they releasing these seats a half hour after the sale at 10C pricing? Very odd. 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    JimmyV said:
    The last conversation I overheard preshow was a fella mention that he was carrying a balance of $16,000 on his CC following the band around.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,691
    That's crazy. Definitely, call customer service about that one.

• I made a twitter thread regarding what I saw for the Seattle show, thanks to dynamic pricing (fortunately, were able to go apples to apples, thanks to as yet unsold ADA tickets).  It'd be great if we could get some of our elected officials to start looking closer at options for breaking up this monopoly.  I know I'm preaching to the choir to fellow Pearl Jam fans on this one, but it feels like an easy win simply on a populist level.

• kasedougkasedoug Posts: 2,933
    PJNB said:
    Just saw someone grabbed front row for $235 for Inglewood on Facebook. Why are they releasing these seats a half hour after the sale at 10C pricing? Very odd. 
    The WC on that seat makes me think it was a wheelchair seat.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    Zod said:
    I really hope covid doesn't cause me a problem.. lol.  I completely blew through the checkout screen hoping the system wouldn't glitch or something.  I complete missed the part about not being able to put the platinum tickets on F2F at the face value you paid.. sigh..  Will lose a mint if the border tightens up.
    Wait, what!?  I have never bought a platinum ticket, but any chance you have a screenshot/the text of this @Zod ?  What a bunch of horseshit, cuz you know they're gonna re-list them for the platinum price again!

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale