Official EV Earthling Tour Lottery & Verified Fan Freak Out Thread

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,778
    Lots of people were confused about the 10c and verified fan sale. I think next time they go on tour they should be a week apart 
    I miss igotid88
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,691
    rrebern said:
    So let's just hypothetically say money is no object and I'm willing to spend ungodly amounts of money on StubHub for tickets to the Chicago show.  The website announcing the show also says, "On the night of the show, all guests will be required to enter with the ticket purchaser."

So does this mean that anyone buying tickets via StubHub gets shafted (again) by being denied access at the venue?
    Not in Chicago or New York. They have to allow ticket transfers for those venues. 
  • RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
    In Ten Club....but, not TM "Verified Fan" is a something that I hope is addressed in the future.  It's a gut punch.
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    igotid88 said:
    Lots of people were confused about the 10c and verified fan sale. I think next time they go on tour they should be a week apart 
    There have been changes to the lottery and ticket sale processes - some big, some small- for every tour over the years, but one thing remains constant no matter what: lots of people get confused. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • So, I did verified presale for both Seattle shows (I think)... and got approved.. how do I know which show I got approved for?
  • edoconedocon Posts: 325
    I read the Ten Club presale as being the typical lottery to get tix through Ten Club and the Verified Fan as the means to register for a chance to buy in the Public On-sale (after the 10 presale). This wasn't too different from previous sales, other than the new ticket price-level selection for the 10c tickets through the ticketstoday/TM portal.
  • Given2Fly said:
    So, I did verified presale for both Seattle shows (I think)... and got approved.. how do I know which show I got approved for?

Shouldnt make any difference. Once verified you are good to go for anything.
  • I was able to get in to get tix for Chicago - Only Platinum available - lowest priced ticket is $575 + fees.  C'mon!! No can do.  
    Alpine Valley - Lolla 08/02/92
    Alpine Valley - 1998
    Chicago - Allstate Arena 10/09/00
    Chicago - United Center 06/18/03
    Chicago - United Center 08/23/09
    Chicago - Wrigley 07/19/13
    Moline - iWireless Center 10/17/14 (No Code)
    Philadelphia - Wells Fargo Center 04/29/16 (Ten)
    Chicago - Wrigley  08/20/16 & 08/22/16
    Seattle - Safeco Field 08/10/18
    Chicago - Wrigley 08/18
    Chicago - United Center 09/05/23
    Chicago - United Center 09/07/23
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,522
    rrebern said:
    So let's just hypothetically say money is no object and I'm willing to spend ungodly amounts of money on StubHub for tickets to the Chicago show.  The website announcing the show also says, "On the night of the show, all guests will be required to enter with the ticket purchaser."

So does this mean that anyone buying tickets via StubHub gets shafted (again) by being denied access at the venue?

I think it's a grey area.   The 2018 tour also used digital tickets for fan club tickets.   They put out all the doom and gloom about only the ticket holder being able to go in, but no one has the capacity to check ID's.  People entered with screenshots or by using their friends ticketmaster login to access the digital tickets.

It's sort of enough to scare you into not doing it, but in practice, I doubt anyone cares once you show up to the venue.
  • Two first balcony front row for $1,700... 
    St. Louis, USA 10-05-2004 | Chicago, USA 08-23-2009 | Indianapolis, USA 05-07-2010 | Hartford, USA 10-25-2013 | Lexington, USA 04-26-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-20-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-22-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-18-2018 | Chicago, USA 08-20-2018
  • I was able to get in to get tix for Chicago - Only Platinum available - lowest priced ticket is $575 + fees.  C'mon!! No can do.  

It's evolution, baby!
  • Zod said:
    rrebern said:

I think it's a grey area.   The 2018 tour also used digital tickets for fan club tickets.   They put out all the doom and gloom about only the ticket holder being able to go in, but no one has the capacity to check ID's.  People entered with screenshots or by using their friends ticketmaster login to access the digital tickets.

It's sort of enough to scare you into not doing it, but in practice, I doubt anyone cares once you show up to the venue.
    Thanks, makes sense.  Ended up biting the bullet and getting platinum tickets, which were much more reasonably priced than what's on StubHub.
  • mcriecken said:
    Two first balcony front row for $1,700... 

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,778
    edocon said:
    I read the Ten Club presale as being the typical lottery to get tix through Ten Club and the Verified Fan as the means to register for a chance to buy in the Public On-sale (after the 10 presale). This wasn't too different from previous sales, other than the new ticket price-level selection for the 10c tickets through the ticketstoday/TM portal.
     Yes. But the link on the tour page led you to verified fans. You had to go through a different link to enter the 10c lottery. I almost made that mistake. Luckily I caught it in time. 
    I miss igotid88
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    mcriecken said:
    Two first balcony front row for $1,700... 

Genius. I just spit out my coffee 🤣😂
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • edoconedocon Posts: 325
    rrebern said:

On the ticket announcement it said the tickets cannot be transferred (except for in NY and Chicago) and the the only way to buy on secondary market is through forthcoming Fan-to-Fan face value ticket exchange. You'd be taking a huge risk buying tickets on sites like StubHub (except for NY/Chi).
  • I had to get on Ticketmaster via the website, because the app wouldn't let me in since I wasn't a "Verified Fan". Just as I got there, my friend messaged me that he got tickets, but not before I saw $2300 for Orchestra (Chicago). That's outrageous. If anyone needs me, I'll be in the way back, singing along with my $129 ticket. 😂
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited December 2021

Not sure you can make this out but what an odd way to sell tickets when there is an odd number left. You either have to go solo or can't purchase from these 3 at all since max tickets is capped at 2 and you can not leave a single. 
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    PJNB said:

Not sure you can make this out but what an odd way to sell tickets when there is an odd number left. You either have to go solo or can't purchase from these 3 at all since max tickets is capped at 2 and you can not leave a single. 
    I've had this come up before and it's incredibly frustrating. 
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    I have to say, I am really amazed at how in demand these shows are.

I knew it would be sold out, but I didn't think this was gonna be a $400 and up ticket type deal.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    Saltzy23 said:
    I have to say, I am really amazed at how in demand these shows are.

I knew it would be sold out, but I didn't think this was gonna be a $400 and up ticket type deal.
    It’s hard to say for sure, but my bet is that even in the absence of a COVID-driven total collapse in demand, the StubHub prices for NY and Chicago will be coming down from where they are at the moment.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 727
    edited December 2021
    @Saltzy23 we were warned that these shows would be in HIGH demand. None of this should be shocking. We all have been denied anything Pearl Jam/Eddie related for almost 2 whole years. The pent up demand is on full display right now. 
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • CM189191 said:
    The Verified Fan thing is a bit of a clusterfuck

Didn't realize you had to register as a verified fan for every gd show you want to attend

Once you've been verified once, that should be it
    That would only add one layer for bots/scalpers. Verified for each show makes sense
  • Given2Fly said:
    So, I did verified presale for both Seattle shows (I think)... and got approved.. how do I know which show I got approved for?

Wait...is this true? I thought it was show by show. 
  • @Saltzy23 we were warned that these shows would be in HIGH demand. None of this should be shocking. We all have been denied anything Pearl Jam/Eddie related for almost 2 whole years. The pent up demand is on full display right now. 
    When you think about it this way the prices don't seem so bad. Not having spent any money on concerts (or really any big social events) for going on 2.5 years now has saved a lot of money. I still can't bring myself to pull the trigger on these platinum tickets - they are just too pricey. Here's to hoping they announce a Chi night 2!
    St. Louis, USA 10-05-2004 | Chicago, USA 08-23-2009 | Indianapolis, USA 05-07-2010 | Hartford, USA 10-25-2013 | Lexington, USA 04-26-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-20-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-22-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-18-2018 | Chicago, USA 08-20-2018
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,126
    Did they add a second Chicago show?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    edited December 2021
    rrebern said:

Should be fine in Chicago where you can transfer tix. I guess Stubhub puts you in touch with the seller?

I’ll bet you have to meet the seller and walk in with them in any other market. Without the transfer option that feels like the only way
    Post edited by Eddieredder on
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,364
    JimmyV said:
    Did they add a second Chicago show?
    Not yet.  Still watching.

• SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,462
    A bunch of EV NY show tixx on Stubhub.
    NY politicians failed there, let the lobbyists win.
  • Given2Fly said:

Wait...is this true? I thought it was show by show. 

Maybe limited by city today but I don't think it even does that. In the past, verified worked for whole tour.