Cancer, and me.

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    hedonist said:
    Day 11, tobacco-free! Even my GP said she’s proud of me :)
    Congrats.  You can do it…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:
    Thanks! Three weeks tomorrow :) I’m proud of my will to see this through. The first but necessary part of this odyssey. 

• hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    Thanks! Three weeks tomorrow :) I’m proud of my will to see this through. The first but necessary part of this odyssey. 

That's amazing, well done Hedo! 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,289
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

think of all the money you'll  save or get to put to medical  billls....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,289
    when I quit I paid roughly $53 a week for a carton.

10 yrs this past Aug. thats $25,440 plus..... and thats at 2011 prices in ohio.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    That’s a lot of green! I smoked Cigarillos, maybe four a day, so it wasn’t really cost-prohibitive, but still! It’s a savings.

And also not a smell I typically encounter, as with cigarettes. 
    Tomorrow morning brings my first radiation and chemo (five hours!). 

I’m bringing my ear buds and imagination and the best energy I can muster. Also, I’m pretty sure I’ll finish Acid For the Children during all that chemo time. My sick book is really gonna 
    do its thing :lol:
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Good luck!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,624
    hedonist said:
    Tomorrow morning brings my first radiation and chemo (five hours!). 

I’m bringing my ear buds and imagination and the best energy I can muster. Also, I’m pretty sure I’ll finish Acid For the Children during all that chemo time. My sick book is really gonna 
    do its thing :lol:
    Wishing you all the best for tomorrow. You got this!!
    Thank you :)

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Love and comfort. 

And loving comfort sent your way, Jedi. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Love and comfort. 

And loving comfort sent your way, Jedi. 
    Received :kiss:
  • Wishing the best for you.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,428
    Good luck, wishing you strength 💪🏻
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,353
    Good luck, Hedo. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    Hope it goes smoothly and (most importantly) successfully, Hedo.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,280
    Best wishes and happy thoughts for you as you commence your six weeks of kicking cancers ass!

Btw: Being grateful for your challenges was one of the best things I've ever read. Thank you.
    Thank you all! I sit here, IV in arm, having received my pre-chemo meds and now the actual med. My nurse is fantastic, knows her shit, makes me feel not so overwhelmed.

My docs are wonderful too, but always, it’s the nurses for me. 
    tish said:
    Best wishes and happy thoughts for you as you commence your six weeks of kicking cancers ass!

Btw: Being grateful for your challenges was one of the best things I've ever read. Thank you.
    tish, I somehow missed this in today’s flurries. It means a lot to me :)

And this day of firsts is done!
    hedonist said:
    tish said:

Good to get that done. Five hours is a long time. Will the sessions always be that long? How are you feeling?
    edited January 2022
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    tish said:

Good to get that done. Five hours is a long time. Will the sessions always be that long? How are you feeling?
    I’m doing okay this morning, thanks for asking. Even gonna hit the gym before today’s radiation.

it looks like the chemo will be four to five hours. Blood tests first, bags of anti-nausea, steroids and hydration, then the cisplatin (chemo shit). Like at radiation, every type of person there: some with a small army of supporters, some around my age and way deeper into the treatment than I. Younger folks, multiple ethnicities…all reminders of our commonality, for better or worse. 
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • Im so in awe of you hedo. Sorry i don't  post here as much as i would want to. It all upsets me so much. My dad is having immuno treatment  atm to give him time as he is inoperable.  I can only let you know you are an inspiration  to me and i send love and a heart felt hope.  You are  a strong  woman. We are all with you for sure. Love Rob 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    tish said:

I’m doing okay this morning, thanks for asking. Even gonna hit the gym before today’s radiation.

it looks like the chemo will be four to five hours. Blood tests first, bags of anti-nausea, steroids and hydration, then the cisplatin (chemo shit). Like at radiation, every type of person there: some with a small army of supporters, some around my age and way deeper into the treatment than I. Younger folks, multiple ethnicities…all reminders of our commonality, for better or worse. 
    I am glad you are feeling ok. That is great that you are hitting the gym. It will help to keep your body strong. It sounds like you might get a lot of reading done. You know you have your own army of supporters here, even if we can't be with you in person.

Im so in awe of you hedo. Sorry i don't  post here as much as i would want to. It all upsets me so much. My dad is having immuno treatment  atm to give him time as he is inoperable.  I can only let you know you are an inspiration  to me and i send love and a heart felt hope.  You are  a strong  woman. We are all with you for sure. Love Rob 
    Rob, I completely understand, and send strength for your father, and for you as well. I’ll find out soon enough just how strong I really am. Fingers crossed I cross those hurdles with some semblance of grace :lol:

GG, my own army of supporters. I like that! And truly appreciate it. Just no goose-stepping =)
    Well, it seems the treatment effects decided to hit sooner rather than later. It’ll been not even a week? C’mon.

It blows…and I know it’ll get worse. Like I told a cousin, all I can do right now is ride it out best I can. And keep the anti-nausea meds nearby!
    hedonist said:
    Well, it seems the treatment effects decided to hit sooner rather than later. It’ll been not even a week? C’mon.

It blows…and I know it’ll get worse. Like I told a cousin, all I can do right now is ride it out best I can. And keep the anti-nausea meds nearby!
    Ugh. I am sorry to hear that. Just keep thinking that the same thing that is making you feel sick is actually also healing you. I hope the anti-nausea meds work and you feel better soon. You still got this. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    hedonist said:

Wish I could sit next to you and just be there.  I know you have a great person  physically  by your side.  Lean on him, he's got you.
    We have you, here.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    F Me, you rock. Fuck, you all do — of course I’m partial to lil Keanu.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    hedonist said:

unfortunately, it will get worse....until it gets better!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16