Cancer, and me.

Comments

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,277
    Omg that was funny.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Ha!  I'll take a Wob hug anyday :)

Poncier, I too had no idea.  I have added you to my "I'm still here, so fuck you, cancer!" list.*

*I actually do have one, even if mentally :lol:
  • hedonist said:

Poncier, I too had no idea.  I have added you to my "I'm still here, so fuck you, cancer!" list.*

if you're on instagram, add @licoricelust to that list (Mrs. MJK)

:) 
    hedonist said:

if you're on instagram, add @licoricelust to that list (Mrs. MJK)

:) 
    Aw damn.  I am not on Instagram but can peek behind the curtain!
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,099
    I will be praying for you. Also sending you all the good vibes and positivity to help kick its ass, which is what you're going to do!
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,428
    All the best, Hedo!!! Love from across the pond
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    mfc2006 said:
    So sorry to read this. That being said, your attitude and support group will help you immensely. Sending best wishes to you, Hedo. Kick its ASS! 

www.cluthelee.com
    Thanks. You guys truly make me smile. 
  • Eddie Vedder - Pinkpop 2000 smile messes lyrics Pinkpop 2000 Eddie Vedder Rearviewmirror Pearl Jam RVM Landgraaf Holland Netherlands Pinkpop Festival live concert show open air Ed Vedder Stone Gossard Mike McCready Jeff Ament Matt Cameron Vs Daughter Dissident Glorified Blood Ten GIF
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,626
    This will be a “I beat it” celebration thread in a little while.  
  • “JUST BEAT IT BEAT IT BEAT IT, BEAT IT BEAT IT BEAT IT” *heavy breathing heavy breathing* 

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    Wishing my very best to you and you know damn well you can ask anything of me and I’ll be there or send you anything you might desire! You got this and with positive vibes
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))) for you..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    This will be a “I beat it” celebration thread in a little while.  
    Amen, man.

Merk, that was going in a whoooole different direction till I saw MJ there :lol:

jose, thank you so much for the kind words. 
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,899
    Gutted to read this @hedonist Your wit and wisdom always shines through on this here board.  Sending lots of love and strength your way as you face this new challenge.  S xx
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Gutted to read this @hedonist Your wit and wisdom always shines through on this here board.  Sending lots of love and strength your way as you face this new challenge.  S xx
    Thanks, Fifth. I’m not going anywhere!
  • You always have insightful points on threads.
    attitude can play into it and yours is good place it seems for what is going on.

I wish you all the best in kicking this in the ass.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,899
    hedonist said:
    Thanks, Fifth. I’m not going anywhere!
    Didn’t think you were! 😂😊❤️ You’ll face this challenge, just like you’ve faced others, with grace, wit, compassion, and attitude to spare.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    When I started posting on here you were the only one I was literally afraid of.  That is not a  bad thing.  A strong woman not afraid to speak her mind, that is an exceptional attribute to have. I realize I’m on the “don’t bother with” list from your comments a long time ago but I’ve been thinking about you every day since you came forward with your unfortunate news.  Should I say something, not say anything….questions running around in my head and I decided to tell you I’m pulling for you, thinking about and praying for you as well. I’ve never seen an ounce of weakness in your posts over all these years so there’s no reason to believe you won’t prevail.  Such a strong woman, I envy you.  You are going to be fine.  All these people you’ve never met pulling and praying for you will help but your bad ass attitude and enormous amount of love from your husband will ensure you’ll be here a long time. 
    Gosh, thank you all so much.

cblock, your words really touched me and I’m happy you posted. I apologize for what happened…when? I honestly don’t remember, but let’s just chalk it up and out. It’s inconsequential :)
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    Absolutely agree.  Never thought I could care for someone I’ve never met but once again, I’m wrong.  For whatever reason, I’ll find out someday I’m sure, just feel like I need to follow you through this. 
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,768
    Oh Hedo, I won't deny your post brought tears to my eyes and I am typing through those tears.  Please know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers (even if you don't believe).  I'm happy you have a strong support system.  Stay strong,and be well. Please.  
    Had to laugh at the poster who admitted fearing you.  Can't say I don't relate.  But it's been what, 20 years??  This is for you Hedo; hope it brings you comfort

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0StKFHa9aHE

Thank you, P&E. All or no denominations are always welcome — I figure if it comes from the heart, it’s all good ;)
    Had to laugh at the poster who admitted fearing you.  Can't say I don't relate.  But it's been what, 20 years??  This is for you Hedo; hope it brings you comfort

I am SO not a fearsome person! And man, 20 years. Been a ride, huh?

I haven’t listened to this in ages. Musical serenity. 
    hedonist said:

I am SO not a fearsome person! And man, 20 years. Been a ride, huh?

I haven’t listened to this in ages. Musical serenity. 
    It really has been a ride, Hedo.  Musical serenity . . use that to ease your current situation.  Music has always been a savior for me, whether I needed a boost of energy, a good cry or just plain comfort.  There is a reason we have continued to stay involved in this message board, and the music is what brought us all together initially.  And just so you know, I have become "somewhat" of a Tool fan and that never would have happened had it not been for you.  Be well dear.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yo, Jedi. We were driving back from a hockey tournament down the Cape last weekend when this particular town popped up on our navigation display. 

I thought you’d appreciate the name, so I had the hockey player snap a picture. 

Anyway, this has gotta be where @Poncier lives, right? Dude, what’s there to do in Assinippi? Good place to go on a bender? Could suck there, too, I suppose. :i_dunno:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Yo, Jedi. We were driving back from a hockey tournament down the Cape last weekend when this particular town popped up on our navigation display. 

Anyway, this has gotta be where @Poncier lives, right? Dude, what’s there to do in Assinippi? Good place to go on a bender? Could suck there, too, I suppose. :i_dunno:
    OK, that literally made me laugh out loud. Yup, you know what I like, sir. 

P&E, very cool! Tool has been played almost every day recently. Now we need to get you into Puscifer!
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:

OK, that literally made me laugh out loud. Yup, you know what I like, sir. 

P&E, very cool! Tool has been played almost every day recently. Now we need to get you into Puscifer!
    Now THAT literally made ME laugh out loud, Puscifer, baby steps Hedo.  
    On day 4 of no more smoking. Probably not the best timing stress-wise, but sure is a test of my will. After forty years and the slap of cancer, I’d say it’s time, no?

I’m proud of myself for doing this, no matter how late in the game. It is SO goddamn hard though. I did not expect the extreme mood swings and how difficult it is riding out each urge. But I have to do this, for myself.  

Not giving up cannabis — fuck knows I’m gonna really need it in the next few months — though most likely going with edibles and tinctures. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    hedonist said:
    On day 4 of no more smoking. Probably not the best timing stress-wise, but sure is a test of my will. After forty years and the slap of cancer, I’d say it’s time, no?

I’m proud of myself for doing this, no matter how late in the game. It is SO goddamn hard though. I did not expect the extreme mood swings and how difficult it is riding out each urge. But I have to do this, for myself.  

Not giving up cannabis — fuck knows I’m gonna really need it in the next few months — though most likely going with edibles and tinctures. 
    Good for you! Nicotine addiction is a tough one to kick, but there's no doubt that you can do it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com