Cancer, and me.

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    And THAT one plays a part in my life! In a few ways.

His lust is infectious. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Ya thirsty, Jedi!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Acid for the Children is what I call my sick book. It’s seen me through much health hoopla over the past couple years. It brings me comfort. Thank you :kiss:
  • hedonist said:
    Acid for the Children is what I call my sick book. It’s seen me through much health hoopla over the past couple years. It brings me comfort. Thank you :kiss:
    Heard great things about that and Scar Tissue.  Found it interesting that neither one has read the others bio and how bad of a person Anthony Kiedus is.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:
    Heard great things about that and Scar Tissue.  Found it interesting that neither one has read the others bio and how bad of a person Anthony Kiedus is.
    Acid for the Children is great!

I haven’t read Scar Tissue, but I’ve heard from folks who have that half of it concerns Anthony’s sexual conquests. I’ve got Henry Miller for that. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,292
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:
    Acid for the Children is great!

I haven’t read Scar Tissue, but I’ve heard from folks who have that half of it concerns Anthony’s sexual conquests. I’ve got Henry Miller for that. 

I know it was a autobiography and all that but the fucker is full of himself for sure
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,768
    hedonist said:
    Woke up to a curious little Flea skulking around me. Along with these comments, such a nice way to start this dark and rainy morning  :)
    Initially read this as dark and randy morning, which would be so Hedo like.  No, just turns out I can't see anymore.   You take care woman!!!  Thinking and praying for you.  
    Day 11, tobacco-free! Even my GP said she’s proud of me :)
  • hedonist said:
    You should be proud of you! Waaaaaaay to goooooooooooo!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,624
    hedonist said:
    That is awesome!! 👏👏👏
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,292
    hedonist said:

fantastic. I think now its a matter of keeping the mind in check. especially in stress situations. for me that lasted a good year. of course I started trucking about 5 months after quitting, huge stressor.....checking that go to thought ws key. after all a smoke was a time to decompress some from xyz. ..

can still take that time away, just dont light up.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,282
    Keep it up, kiddo! Being a non-smoker is fantastic! I took a neuropsychopharmacology course once which explained that you couldn't design more addictive drug if you tried as it has three hard to beat mechanisms of actions.

Here's a boring read about it next time you need a few moments to let a craving pass:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2946180/#S2title
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,099
    hedonist said:
    Awesome! Way to go!

When I quit smoking, I found that I had more trouble with giving up the routine rather than nicotine withdrawal. There were just certain times of the day that I just had to have a cigarette and those were the toughest to give up. All I can say is stay strong and don't give in!
    hedonist said:
    You should be proud of you! Waaaaaaay to goooooooooooo!
    Proud of me I be!

Yeah, the nicotine is out of me: it’s all mental now. But there are so many pluses to quitting, I can’t go back. I won’t!
    What’s that saying?

We make plans, and some asshole laughs. Probably points, too. 

The CT scan I underwent on Monday for the radiation mask revealed yet another wrench in the works: arteriovenous malformation (AVM), a pretty rare condition typically affecting the brain. Never would’ve been found if not for the cancer. I’m trying to look at this like earthquakes, in a way: I could just go on without incident, or begin to experience seizures and other effects. If dire enough, risky cranial surgery.

I feel like I’ve hit the morherfucking jackpot :lol:
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    When life gives you a shit pile, make laughter.

Great job staying positive.  A hell of a lot being thrown at you right now.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,282
    hedonist said:
    What’s that saying?

The CT scan I underwent on Monday for the radiation mask revealed yet another wrench in the works: arteriovenous malformation (AVM), a pretty rare condition typically affecting the brain. Never would’ve been found if not for the cancer. I’m trying to look at this like earthquakes, in a way: I could just go on without incident, or begin to experience seizures and other effects. If dire enough, risky cranial surgery.

Well that explains it 😀
    Insane in the membrane, tish!

There’s plenty of time and shit to cry about, F Me. I have to laugh. That’s something I know will feed my soul. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    hedonist said:
    What’s that saying?

You should take a holiday trip to Vegas.
    Keeping you in my thoughts. Keep smiling and laughing and you'll beat this thing into oblivion.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    hedonist said:
    What’s that saying?

Keeping you in my thoughts. Keep smiling and laughing and you'll beat this thing into oblivion.
    Given my luck in online poker lately, probably not the best idea!

Thank you, Ponc :)
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,624
    hedonist said:
    What’s that saying?

Thinking of you. A friend of mine had surgery for an AVM many years and is doing great now. Since her surgery, she has married and had two kids. But, I know from her that it can be a scary experience. On top of everything else you are dealing with, you continue to amaze me with your warrior attitude. You will come out on top of this!!!
    Thanks, GG! And that’s very heartening to hear of how well your friend is doing. I’m meeting with a neurologist (enough -ists already!) on Tuesday so expect to come out of that with at least some insights. 
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,482
    GO HEDON---!

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • #TeamHedo
    I’ll take any and all cheers!

Mal, very well-done, sir. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    Poncier said:
    hedonist said:
    What’s that saying?

lotta better places to go than Vegas aka “the right armpit”….unfortunately, LA is the “left armpit” but that’s just cuz we all hate every LA team.

stay strong, girl!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    YOUR girls :heart:

Yeah, LA has definitely become pittish, and I don’t think our teams are solely the cause!
    my drunk ass has been working on soldering this wind spinner for the last…,I don’t know….3 hours? will it hold together? we shall see..,

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    BTW…”my girls” got waaaaaaay too many toys for Christmas. My god!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Cute knit hats are the way to go :glasses:

And what could possibly go wrong with the equation of dwunk Wob and soldering?