Options

Cancer, and me.

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    hedonist said:
    mfc2006 said:
    hedonist said:
    Next week is my last. Damn straight, that bell is in for a violent session ;)
    HELL YES!!!!! Kick that cancers ass!  :) 
    According to my docs, I am :)
    Well alfuckingright.
    Keep it going.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    mfc2006 said:
    hedonist said:
    Next week is my last. Damn straight, that bell is in for a violent session ;)
    HELL YES!!!!! Kick that cancers ass!  :) 
    According to my docs, I am :)
    Awesome!! Fantastic news.
    It really is good news but sounds like a hell of a battle.  My thoughts are with you; the feeding tube announcement disturbs me, but I guess it's part of the process.  Let your throat heal.  Keep rockin' woman!!
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,412
    You’re so strong, so brave.  So happy for you….now rest, rest, rest, rest and rest some more.  
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I’m trying! I’ll admit, it’s getting tough. 

Cirrhosis may prevent me from the feeding tube or I get at-home IV. This hospital, my med team, fucking stellar!

I am very fortunate :)
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    we're  going to want bell ringing audio.

figure video might be too personal...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Ring that bell, Hedo!!!

• Options
    Ring that bell, Hedo!!!

RUPTLY. seems an appropriate name for whats happening here.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Youch!
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,690
    How long without smoking, Hedo?

https://youtu.be/JsBx77QmGuQ

• Options
    I think I’m closing in on two months!
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Right on! 

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,816
    edited February 2022
    hedonist said:
    Do you miss the smokes? 
    With my situation, I don't miss them at all. Not one damn bit. 
    Did you go through any withdrawal symptoms? 
    Or do you have cravings? 
    Im just curious
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Fan fuckin tastic! Keep it up!
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Do you miss the smokes? 
    With my situation, I don't miss them at all. Not one damn bit. 
    Did you go through any withdrawal symptoms? 
    Or do you have cravings? 
    Im just curious
    .Speedy. I think it was.withdrawals, but after the first few days, was probably in my head. Muscle memory. 

I still have cravings but more along the lines of “it’d be so nice to have a smoke right now” but that always passes.

i still can’t quite believe I quit those (literal, for me) cancer sticks :)
  • Options
    ^ I had a friend who used to say: It'd be nice to see you quit while you're still alive... 17 years back my last cig. I had started to be concientious and pick up my butts like EV does in that Italy DVD prior to my last smoke.

And when those old cues came, I'd say to self: wow! I'm not gonna have a smoke right now (excitedly) before the thought would drift away.

Well done, Hedonist!
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,412
    Last one today right? Ring the bell loud.  We all will be thinking about you, waiting to hear how everything is.
  • Options
    Audio!!!!!

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    the waiting drove me mad....

• Options
    Hedo?
  • Options
    Still in the hospital, chemo all done, three radiations left.

This is tougher than my silly ass thought. Not giving up but too tired to keep stoking the fire for now. It’ll be alright. I will be. 
  • Options
    And thank you all. This means much to me, especially in a time where the questions of self and what’s crucial to that self are swirling. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,996
    hedonist said:

This is tougher than my silly ass thought. Not giving up but too tired to keep stoking the fire for now. It’ll be alright. I will be. 
    Congrats on being done with chemo!! You are almost there. I have never gone through this myself. However, I have had a few people in my life have to deal with it. I know it is not easy, and the cure can be just as brutal. But you are strong. You are almost at the light at the end of the tunnel. You got this!

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    hedonist said:

You've got this!!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Thinking of you. You've got this!
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Yes you will. 

Hang in there. 
  • Options
    That light is right there, so very close. I can see it, fuck knows I feel it! My neck is like that of a burn victim. 

Yet, as my beloved George wrote, “It’s not always gonna be this way.” Fuckin A, Georgie!

https://youtu.be/r4LUBYDPqCs
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    hedonist said:

Prayers for you lovely Hedo; stay positive and be well.  
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    hedonist said:

Prayers for you lovely Hedo; stay positive and be well.  
    :hugs:
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • Options