Options

America's Gun Violence #2

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,351
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    No more doorbells or driveways. Simple. 
    Fuck that I’m boycotting all these red states with these fucked up laws period! I know it the grand scheme of things I’m a pee on but at least I know my $$$ won’t be going to any states that have these laws! I could give two shits if Pear Jam is playing Texas I’ll never visit that state.
    Nowhere in this country looks like much fun anymore to me. Politics aside honestly. Wtf is going on in Chicago? What is happening to humanity? Humans are devolving  all over the country regardless of politics , race, gender. I don’t know if it’s more in our face than ever because of social media but damn. 
    I agree I don’t recognize this country at all anymore and yes maybe we are inundated with news everywhere but still can’t wrap my head around it
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,881
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Fuck that I’m boycotting all these red states with these fucked up laws period! I know it the grand scheme of things I’m a pee on but at least I know my $$$ won’t be going to any states that have these laws! I could give two shits if Pear Jam is playing Texas I’ll never visit that state.
    Nowhere in this country looks like much fun anymore to me. Politics aside honestly. Wtf is going on in Chicago? What is happening to humanity? Humans are devolving  all over the country regardless of politics , race, gender. I don’t know if it’s more in our face than ever because of social media but damn. 
    I agree I don’t recognize this country at all anymore and yes maybe we are inundated with news everywhere but still can’t wrap my head around it
    Merkin said it perfectly. It’s a blatant disregard for human life that I’d only associate with third world country criminals. And now it happens daily here. Minor arguments end in outright executions. With people circling back and shooting more to finish the job. It’s wild. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,556
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Merkin said it perfectly. It’s a blatant disregard for human life that I’d only associate with third world country criminals. And now it happens daily here. Minor arguments end in outright executions. With people circling back and shooting more to finish the job. It’s wild. 
    Shit, ringing the wrong doorbell ends in outright executions. 

It's more than a disregard for life, our politicians and media are driving wedges of division in the citizenry of our country. The GOP has become a party of hate peddling in fear and animosity and the NRA is right there with them throwing gasoline (& ammunition) on an inferno. 

The GOP and NRA are following a recipe.

What do people think they're making? 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

It's more than a disregard for life, our politicians and media are driving wedges of division in the citizenry of our country. The GOP has become a party of hate peddling in fear and animosity and the NRA is right there with them throwing gasoline (& ammunition) on an inferno. 

Yea but he had a No soliciting sign ? Crazy stuff. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,041
    edited April 2023
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    The Missouri guy is getting off. It’s a stand your ground state.  The New York guy might actually pay for what he did.
    If you’re referencing the woman in the wrong driveway, that was Washington State I believe. 

These stand your ground laws are f’ing crazy & only going to result in more senseless deaths. 
    https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/kaylin-gillis-new-york-killed-wrong-address-kevin-monahan/

So both shooters were old white guys. Many such people have been told for decades that there’s danger at every turn.  We’re being conditioned for this. I’m certainly going to do what I can to not turn around in driveways or knock on doors of people I don’t know.
    That's not my understanding of how stand your ground laws work though.
    My understanding is you still need to feel a threat, you can't just kill someone for trespassing. States without those laws may require you to retreat or hide if you feel threatened. It is intended to give the individual the right to defend himself when feeling threatened and not put the burden on him to retreat.  I don't see how that can be a defense in someone ringing your doorbell or turning down your driveway unless they were waving a gun at you while doing so.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

What relevance does the no soliciting sign have other than assigning some of the blame to the victim for being shot & give cover to the homeowner? 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

What relevance does the no soliciting sign have other than assigning some of the blame to the victim for being shot & give cover to the homeowner? 
    Exactly. I was being extremely sarcastic. It’s a bullshit defense 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Gotcha. I definitely missed the sarcasm. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

All good. 🤙🏼
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

All good. 🤙🏼
    Should have known too... I know you're not unreasonable. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

All good. 🤙🏼
    Should have known too... I know you're not unreasonable. 
    🙏🏼 Our musical taste is way too similar for me to be unreasonable 😂😂😂
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,388
    Absolutely sickened by what happened to Ralph Yarl. The guy shoots him in the head, then shoots him again while he's bleeding from the head on the ground. What the hell??

The kid runs away and finds a neighbor to call 911. 

The violence here in KC has progressively gotten worse and worse since we moved here in 2017. I know that it's getting worse pretty much everywhere else as well, but this is where we live. There is no sense of urgency to try to fix the problem here. What in the actual fuck is it going to take for the US to do something about the gun issue? How many kids need to be murdered? Just heartbroken and sickened by it all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Absolutely sickened by what happened to Ralph Yarl. The guy shoots him in the head, then shoots him again while he's bleeding from the head on the ground. What the hell??

The kid runs away and finds a neighbor to call 911. 

The violence here in KC has progressively gotten worse and worse since we moved here in 2017. I know that it's getting worse pretty much everywhere else as well, but this is where we live. There is no sense of urgency to try to fix the problem here. What in the actual fuck is it going to take for the US to do something about the gun issue? How many kids need to be murdered? Just heartbroken and sickened by it all.
    There's no number of dead children that will make them fix this problem. It doesn't exist. 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,832
    mace1229 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    The Missouri guy is getting off. It’s a stand your ground state.  The New York guy might actually pay for what he did.
    If you’re referencing the woman in the wrong driveway, that was Washington State I believe. 

These stand your ground laws are f’ing crazy & only going to result in more senseless deaths. 
    https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/kaylin-gillis-new-york-killed-wrong-address-kevin-monahan/

So both shooters were old white guys. Many such people have been told for decades that there’s danger at every turn.  We’re being conditioned for this. I’m certainly going to do what I can to not turn around in driveways or knock on doors of people I don’t know.
    That's not my understanding of how stand your ground laws work though.
    My understanding is you still need to feel a threat, you can't just kill someone for trespassing. States without those laws may require you to retreat or hide if you feel threatened. It is intended to give the individual the right to defend himself when feeling threatened and not put the burden on him to retreat.  I don't see how that can be a defense in someone ringing your doorbell or turning down your driveway unless they were waving a gun at you while doing so.
    Well, I'm still going to be careful going into strangers' properties. The law doesn't help me when I'm dead.

However, it occurs You may have meant to reply to my earlier post saying that the MO guy will get off...

I think you're pretty correct about the law. That said, good luck proving he didn't feel threatened. It's a different state and different circumstance but George Zimmerman had no reason to feel threatened either. And this was actually on the shooter's property. Zimmerman went chasing after Trayvon Martin and manufactured "fear." My point is that when you bring in attorneys and juries, something this black-and-white can turn gray. I would not bet a lot of money on him being convicted.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Avoiding driveways & doorbells is probably the best course of action. 
    Also movie theaters 
    & schools
    & super markets
    & synagogues
    & churches
    & night clubs
    & nail salons 
    & shopping malls
    & music festivals 
    & birthday parties 
    & 4th of July parades
    &… 
    Add mistaking someone else’s car for your own to the list: 

https://abc13.com/woodlands-elite-cheerleaders-shot-shooting-at-heb-in-elgin-texas-payton-washington-pedro-tello-rodriguez-jr-arrested/13150502/

• Options
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Also movie theaters 
    & schools
    & super markets
    & synagogues
    & churches
    & night clubs
    & nail salons 
    & shopping malls
    & music festivals 
    & birthday parties 
    & 4th of July parades
    &… 

https://abc13.com/woodlands-elite-cheerleaders-shot-shooting-at-heb-in-elgin-texas-payton-washington-pedro-tello-rodriguez-jr-arrested/13150502/

Guy was just standing his ground against those high school cheer leaders proly. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,351
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Also movie theaters 
    & schools
    & super markets
    & synagogues
    & churches
    & night clubs
    & nail salons 
    & shopping malls
    & music festivals 
    & birthday parties 
    & 4th of July parades
    &… 

Guy was just standing his ground against those high school cheer leaders proly. 
    Yep teenagers in short shorts are so dangerous plus those Pom Pom’s can really do some damage you ever been hit with one? Unf’n real 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,718
    Another “responsible” gun owner doing what they do.

https://www.boston.com/news/crime/2023/04/19/bowdoin-maine-murders/
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,065
    Today marks the 30th anniversary of the Siege at Waco. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    JojoRice said:
    The Netflix doc was heavy. 

The FBI f'ed that up something fierce. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,065
    JojoRice said:
    The Netflix doc was heavy. 

The FBI f'ed that up something fierce. 
    Definitely. It never should have went down the way that it did. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Some people are just looking for an excuse.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Also movie theaters 
    & schools
    & super markets
    & synagogues
    & churches
    & night clubs
    & nail salons 
    & shopping malls
    & music festivals 
    & birthday parties 
    & 4th of July parades
    &… 

Yay Tejas, where everyone is a perceived threat and you need to be armed.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,030
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,030
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,365
    Apologies if this has been posted already. Shocking news---these stand your ground laws do not work. 

Rest of the world continues to laugh at us. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/apr/18/stand-your-ground-laws-us-deaths-racist-violence

‘Stand your ground’: the US laws linked to rising deaths and racist violence

An analysis last year found “stand your ground” laws were linked to an 8% to 11% increase in homicide rates, or roughly 700 additional deaths each year. Florida’s “stand your ground” law has increased both justifiable and unlawful killings, with one study finding a 32% increase in firearm homicide rates; and another analysis showed that in 79% of cases, the assailant could have retreated to avoid confrontation. And research on “stand your ground” laws has found huge racial disparities, with white Americans much more likely to find success with self-defense claims, particularly when they kill Black people.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    https://www.qcnews.com/news/u-s/north-carolina/gaston-county/police-search-for-suspect-after-gastonia-double-shooting/

The recent trend of getting shot for benign contact with property continues. This time a six-year-old girl shot because her ball rolled into the neighbor's yard.
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    https://www.qcnews.com/news/u-s/north-carolina/gaston-county/police-search-for-suspect-after-gastonia-double-shooting/

The recent trend of getting shot for benign contact with property continues. This time a six-year-old girl shot because her ball rolled into the neighbor's yard.
    She should have been armed and had her playmate armed and backing her up as they deployed a defensive maneuver utilizing cover to retrieve the ball, duh. Where’s the NRA when you need them?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,189
    so you can use deadly force because a ball is in your yard.

who knew?

good thing i had cool neighbors when i was a kid. i hit countless balls and hockey pucks over that fence. didn't realize i risked my life 5000 times by hopping over the fence to retrieve my stuff.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
This discussion has been closed.