Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited October 2021
    KM73780 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    KM73780 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    KM73780 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    OE Sparkle print just sold for $570 on eBay.

Too rich for my blood.
    I’m surprised Ames Bros doesn’t cancel these orders. Guess no one really monitors flipping. 
    This is still America, yes?

Sometimes on this board I forget.
    When you buy from 10C, it says right on there “NOT FOR RESALE”. Can people on this forum read? Sometimes I’m not sure. And what does the sticker on the back of the poster say? “Say no to flippers” or something like that. So I’m saying, they put all this anti flip stuff out there and don’t actually enforce it. That was my point. But you just wanted to chime in and be rude about it without recognizing my point. 
    I saw a 'Say no to drugs' sign by the high school by my house today, yet right there next to it was a bunch of youngins smoking the marijuana!

The nerve of these godless heathens!

Does no one respect the rules of society anymore?!?
    Ok you really need to learn how to make comparisons.
    I'll simplify.

Selling 10C tickets for profit, verboten.

Everything else, game on.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,037
    Saltzy23 said:
    KM73780 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    KM73780 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    KM73780 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    OE Sparkle print just sold for $570 on eBay.

Too rich for my blood.
    I’m surprised Ames Bros doesn’t cancel these orders. Guess no one really monitors flipping. 
    This is still America, yes?

Sometimes on this board I forget.
    When you buy from 10C, it says right on there “NOT FOR RESALE”. Can people on this forum read? Sometimes I’m not sure. And what does the sticker on the back of the poster say? “Say no to flippers” or something like that. So I’m saying, they put all this anti flip stuff out there and don’t actually enforce it. That was my point. But you just wanted to chime in and be rude about it without recognizing my point. 
    I saw a 'Say no to drugs' sign by the high school by my house today, yet right there next to it was a bunch of youngins smoking the marijuana!

The nerve of these godless heathens!

Does no one respect the rules of society anymore?!?
    Ok you really need to learn how to make comparisons.
    I'll simplify.

Selling 10C tickets for profit, verboten.

Everything else, game on.
    I am talking specifically about posters, for which there is some precedent for orders being cancelled. See: Bottle Neck Gallery and F4D. 

That is all. 

Have yourself a nice evening. 
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    I think if your buying bulk posters, with multiple accounts (or multiple at a show) for purposes of selling for a profit makes it true flipping.

However, having a single copy of a poster that you decide to trade or sell at some point (not before you actually receive it haha) for current value falls into that grey area that is acceptable IMO.

Also, your correct, 10C does state not for re-sale. However, I've never seen that language on a single AP I've purchased from an artist site. So, if someone wants to sell that AMES Sparkle, there isn't anything preventing that, from a "purchase agreement" perspective (I wouldn't sell it, I'd frame it, but to each there own)

Just my .02
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,182
    KM73780 said:
    SHZA said:
    Hey would they identify the flipper?
    I’m sure there are ways. I’ve heard of cancelled orders because someone “didn’t cover their eBay tracks well enough”. There was that time Bottleneck bought a flipper’s sale on eBay and then just didn’t ship the guy his order. I guess they had his info when he sold it back to them so they knew who he was?
    Spending $500 to cancel a $200 sale is cutting off one's nose to spite the face. If the name on the ebay account doesn't match any of the sales, they'd be stuck with paying the flipper. And even if they caught a few flippers, once they put the posters back up for sale there's no guarantee that the new buyer won't also be a flipper. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited October 2021
    I think if your buying bulk posters, with multiple accounts (or multiple at a show) for purposes of selling for a profit makes it true flipping.

However, having a single copy of a poster that you decide to trade or sell at some point (not before you actually receive it haha) for current value falls into that grey area that is acceptable IMO.

Also, your correct, 10C does state not for re-sale. However, I've never seen that language on a single AP I've purchased from an artist site. So, if someone wants to sell that AMES Sparkle, there isn't anything preventing that, from a "purchase agreement" perspective (I wouldn't sell it, I'd frame it, but to each there own)

Just my .02
    I’m good with this.  If I buy an AP and in a month I see people are going nuts and paying 7x what I paid why is it looked down upon for selling it?  

As long as they’re not raiding the merch line or paying homeless folks to stand next to them (I’ve seen it) or using bots i generally don’t have a problem with the person.  Id rather fans get the stuff but a lot of these people are actual fans.  It’s a fine line like someone said. 

We’ve all been here for a long long time tho and I am more inclined to sell to people on Lost Dogs if they’re after something rather than see what an auction gets me.  It’s a community here and I know other pj ones exist on social media but I’ve never taken a glance. 
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    edited October 2021

Just my .02
    I’m good with this.  If I buy an AP and in a month I see people are going nuts and paying 7x what I paid why is it looked down upon for selling it?  

As long as they’re not raiding the merch line or paying homeless folks to stand next to them (I’ve seen it) or using bots i generally don’t have a problem with the person.  

We’ve all been here for a long long time tho and I am more inclined to sell to people on Lost Dogs if they’re after something rather than see what an auction gets me.  It’s a community here and I know other pj ones exist on social media but I’ve never taken a glance. 
    Agree on all points.

If I am going to sell something or give something away (i've done both), I'm doing it on Lost Dogs or nothing. That part of the community is there for a reason. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    I  usually say to just hold off if you don't score an AP or 10c poster when they are available.  Wait awhile and check ebay and you can usually get a show poster for $60-$80 which isn't bad.

I have had my eye on the Lexington KY poster for a few years and I'm amazed that it still sells for $300 on ebay
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,503
    I  usually say to just hold off if you don't score an AP or 10c poster when they are available.  Wait awhile and check ebay and you can usually get a show poster for $60-$80 which isn't bad.

I have had my eye on the Lexington KY poster for a few years and I'm amazed that it still sells for $300 on ebay
    I have a post in Lost Dogs looking for a SE Williams Ohana poster. Hopefully it eventually snags me one. I admit I have chased a few on Ebay, but they end up going for more than I want to spend on it. Maybe after the post festival frenzy dies down a little, the prices on Ebay will drop a bit.
  • Options

I have a post in Lost Dogs looking for a SE Williams Ohana poster. Hopefully it eventually snags me one. I admit I have chased a few on Ebay, but they end up going for more than I want to spend on it. Maybe after the post festival frenzy dies down a little, the prices on Ebay will drop a bit.
    yeah I snagged an extra Meggs and a white zippo hoping someone had an extra Williams to trade but I struck out

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    If someone wants to flip a devil surfer t-shirt in medium, I'm your guy.  Hit me up.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    If someone wants to flip a devil surfer t-shirt in medium, I'm your guy.  Hit me up.
    Sick shirt, I tried to get it Friday and no dice.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Buy it Now for $99 on ebay :)

• Options
    bbiggs said:
    Buy it Now for $99 on ebay :)
    Too rich for my blood.  I should have clarified...if someone wants to flip one for considerably less than $99, I'm your guy.  ;)

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    bbiggs said:
    Will keep my eyes peeled for ya. I'm glad I grabbed one at the start of day 1/weekend 1 because they went so fast.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Will keep my eyes peeled for ya. I'm glad I grabbed one at the start of day 1/weekend 1 because they went so fast.
    Thanks bud.  Appreciate that!  I got in late on Saturday for Encore so I had zero chance unfortunately.

• Options
    bbiggs said:
    mfc2006 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Thanks bud.  Appreciate that!  I got in late on Saturday for Encore so I had zero chance unfortunately.

You bet. It's good that they restocked for Encore, but it sounds like they didn't restock nearly enough.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mfc2006 said:
    bbiggs said:

You bet. It's good that they restocked for Encore, but it sounds like they didn't restock nearly enough.
    We hit the merch at around 2pm that Saturday and all they had was small....those went quick

• Options
    Little ItalyLittle Italy Rochester, NY Posts: 404
    ChrisdM said:
    I subscribed on Meggs site to get the notification/newsletter on this drop, but nothing came over. Oh, well.
    Did anybody else get an email with a heads up on the drop?
    The Meggs one is expected to drop in the 10C store too, right?
    Same here WTF
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mfc2006 said:
    bbiggs said:

We hit the merch at around 2pm that Saturday and all they had was small....those went quick
    Wow. I had no idea.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Little ItalyLittle Italy Rochester, NY Posts: 404
    I got a Meggs AP, as well as the Domaradzki "Minivan" AP.  Looking to trade either for the Ohana Encore Tiki AP.
    Hi - PM me, I’m still trying to figure out how to use the messaging on mobile and it keeps saying “must enter recipient name” when I enter your name as recipient...

thanks
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,837
    edited October 2021
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mfc2006 said:
    bbiggs said:

Wow. I had no idea.
    yep...all three stands...although maybe they restocked some after I checked?  That would be my luck.

• Options
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mfc2006 said:
    bbiggs said:

Wow. I had no idea.
    yep...all three stands...although maybe they restocked some after I checked?  That would be my luck.
    Sorry, man.

I think I just got lucky. I had a buddy way ahead of me in line on Friday grab the posters for me and was able to grab everything else we wanted first thing Friday & Saturday. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    It’s pretty simple to figure out why everything was sold out at Ohana. All you have to do is search “that auction site” and you can find a seller that has their own Ohana Merch store basically. They obviously were sold stuff by the boxes. It’s absolutely mind boggling that one seller has a huge abundance of Ohana Merch to sell. Shirts, posters, skate decks, water bottles, hats, ugly rugs, stickers, koozies, & Zippo’s to name a few. It’s pretty disgusting and unscrupulous of the vendor to sell so many multiple items to a team of individuals.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    It’s pretty simple to figure out why everything was sold out at Ohana. All you have to do is search “that auction site” and you can find a seller that has their own Ohana Merch store basically. They obviously were sold stuff by the boxes. It’s absolutely mind boggling that one seller has a huge abundance of Ohana Merch to sell. Shirts, posters, skate decks, water bottles, hats, ugly rugs, stickers, koozies, & Zippo’s to name a few. It’s pretty disgusting and unscrupulous of the vendor to sell so many multiple items to a team of individuals.
    its a shit show, 2019 i asked for the EV Whale poster.....guy told me it was sold out. I saw a box under a table, corner ripped....you can clearly make out it was a ton of the poster

I questioned him, he said said thats for the next day....it was last day of the festival. He had a dumb smirk

luckily I got one i think on the 10c Sale

And then them not honoring the limits on posters is another story

• Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,182
    When they have a limited supply, it should definitely be one per person. I was in line well before the gates on encore day 2 and Williams poster sold out right in front of me after the first 50 people or so got two each. It was basically the default option. The checkout person automatically grabbed two Ames even though I just asked for "a poster." 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    When they have a limited supply, it should definitely be one per person. I was in line well before the gates on encore day 2 and Williams poster sold out right in front of me after the first 50 people or so got two each. It was basically the default option. The checkout person automatically grabbed two Ames even though I just asked for "a poster." 

See who's fault is this anyways? TSURT or Pearl Jam Co.? If they all knew there is a limited supply of posters to sell, why the hell would you NOT tell the folks working the merch tables to keep posters one per customer?

It didn't work well here. https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10159356153662492&set=g.211138518960973 . Someone bought a box of posters @ a Primus show. A frigging box of posters! Just imagine if that happened @ a Pearl Jam show?

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    SHZA said:
    That happened to me at the merch table for Temple of the Dog at MSG.  I asked for a poster and the guy gave me two. He seemed shocked when I told him again I only needed one. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    Quick shipping as always from the folks at Ohana merch! =)

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore