How many copies of the clear No Code were pressed?

Comments

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,705
    edited August 2021
    mrk2 said:
    Purple Ten was a special limited pressing, that turned out to be not so limited and not so special in the end. People bitched and moaned.
    Clear No Code turned out to be special and limited. People bitched and moaned.
    Are you trying to insinuate that some people will find anything to complain about? Seems far fetched to me. 

I'd like to start a complaint thread about the idea that Pearl Jam fans enjoy complaining.
    ;)

I am sure that nobody would complain about that.
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    You can please some people some of the time but you can't please all the people all the time. Pearl Jam fans, good luck. We won't get fooled again! - GWB
    Things were different then
  • mrk2 said:
    Purple Ten was a special limited pressing, that turned out to be not so limited and not so special in the end. People bitched and moaned.
    LETS
    ALL
    CONSTRUCT
    NARRATIVES
    IN SUPPORT OF
    ARTIFICAL SCARCITY
    AND FAN-UNFRIENDLY
    PRACTICES! 
    ROCK AND ROLL.
    that's right. every fan should be made happy. every. single. time. because we all know this band OWES US.
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    kenk said:
    igotid88 said:
    kenk said:
    There were definitely that many orders in between when they went live and sold out. Don't underestimate how many members there are and how many units the band can move. It wasn't limited to 1 per person. It was 1 per order. So people could order as many as they wanted to.
    I guess. But it sold out in around 25 minutes. I don't underestimate how many members there are. But the Alive vinyl and single have yet to sell out

Seems like a lot to me too. I'm just trusting the order numbers. Once Santos posted on here that there were only 200 left they were sold out in 2 minutes.  With Alive people knew ahead of time that there were 18k+ pressed, could also possibly get them at retail stores without paying the crazy shipping rates. So there was less fomo and anyone looking to flip them probably held off.
    Also, who really wants to buy a single of a song that they have heard a million times already just because it was packaged differently? I think the purple Ten people learned their lesson there.
  • hihobibo said:
    kenk said:
    igotid88 said:
    kenk said:
    There were definitely that many orders in between when they went live and sold out. Don't underestimate how many members there are and how many units the band can move. It wasn't limited to 1 per person. It was 1 per order. So people could order as many as they wanted to.
    I guess. But it sold out in around 25 minutes. I don't underestimate how many members there are. But the Alive vinyl and single have yet to sell out

Seems like a lot to me too. I'm just trusting the order numbers. Once Santos posted on here that there were only 200 left they were sold out in 2 minutes.  With Alive people knew ahead of time that there were 18k+ pressed, could also possibly get them at retail stores without paying the crazy shipping rates. So there was less fomo and anyone looking to flip them probably held off.
    Also, who really wants to buy a single of a song that they have heard a million times already just because it was packaged differently? I think the purple Ten people learned their lesson there.
    Well you could make the same argument for clear No Code but it's the fact that there were far fewer pressed. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,705
    hihobibo said:
    kenk said:
    igotid88 said:
    kenk said:

I bought one, but it wasn't for Alive, it was for the other songs that were on it.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,373
    hihobibo said:
    kenk said:
    igotid88 said:
    kenk said:

I bought one, but it wasn't for Alive, it was for the other songs that were on it.
    That's right.  Wash and I've got a feeling was worth the $15. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,261
    RS65573 said:
    I think based on the order #s when it started and ended 2,500. 

Was guessing around there too.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    hihobibo said:
    kenk said:
    igotid88 said:
    kenk said:

Love the alt solo on Alive! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • timbo1972timbo1972 Posts: 321
    mrussel1 said:
    hihobibo said:
    kenk said:
    igotid88 said:
    kenk said:

That's right.  Wash and I've got a feeling was worth the $15. 
    I bought one because I wanted one. Nothing wrong with that, Its not always fomo. Or wanting more copies of songs. 
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,054
    hihobibo said:
    kenk said:
    igotid88 said:
    kenk said:

Same.

Not to mention I treasured the CD single back in the early 90s for the B Sides, and liked the idea of getting the same single again on vinyl now almost 30 years later. 
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    It seems the music on the clear No Code is the same on the black No Code.  Suckers gonna be suckers. Purple ten would have been worth the energy had they gone back and got the original plates from the early Europe pressings or the 1994 US pressing.  But it is just a purple version of an inferior mix.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,126
    edited August 2021
    mrk2 said:
    LETS
    ALL
    CONSTRUCT
    NARRATIVES
    IN SUPPORT OF
    ARTIFICAL SCARCITY
    AND FAN-UNFRIENDLY
    PRACTICES! 
    ROCK AND ROLL.
    that's right. every fan should be made happy. every. single. time. because we all know this band OWES US.
    Are you Martha Kent in a cynical Zack Snyder movie universe?

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,523
    PB11041 said:
    It seems the music on the clear No Code is the same on the black No Code.  Suckers gonna be suckers. Purple ten would have been worth the energy had they gone back and got the original plates from the early Europe pressings or the 1994 US pressing.  But it is just a purple version of an inferior mix.  
    yah, but vinyl can be a mix of both collecting and enjoying the music. It kind of hits on two fronts.   I love playing my records, but it also reminds me of how much I enjoyed collecting trading cards as a kid :)
  • mrk2 said:
    LETS
    ALL
    CONSTRUCT
    NARRATIVES
    IN SUPPORT OF
    ARTIFICAL SCARCITY
    AND FAN-UNFRIENDLY
    PRACTICES! 
    ROCK AND ROLL.

just a Pearl Jam fan that finds "fans" like you insufferable.
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Zod said:
    PB11041 said:
    yah, but vinyl can be a mix of both collecting and enjoying the music. It kind of hits on two fronts.   I love playing my records, but it also reminds me of how much I enjoyed collecting trading cards as a kid :)
    fair enough, but I am really talking about people grabbing things solely for the purpose of flipping them.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

edited August 2021
    mrk2 said:
    LETS
    ALL
    CONSTRUCT
    NARRATIVES
    IN SUPPORT OF
    ARTIFICAL SCARCITY
    AND FAN-UNFRIENDLY
    PRACTICES! 
    ROCK AND ROLL.

What type of a "fan" am I?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mrk2 said:
    LETS
    ALL
    CONSTRUCT
    NARRATIVES
    IN SUPPORT OF
    ARTIFICAL SCARCITY
    AND FAN-UNFRIENDLY
    PRACTICES! 
    ROCK AND ROLL.

The fanatical type
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,778
    mrussel1 said:
    mrk2 said:
    LETS
    ALL
    CONSTRUCT
    NARRATIVES
    IN SUPPORT OF
    ARTIFICAL SCARCITY
    AND FAN-UNFRIENDLY
    PRACTICES! 
    ROCK AND ROLL.

The fanatical type
    I don't think he's the fanatical type. He's too contrarian
    I miss igotid88
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,105
    No more than 2000 made would be my guess.  Judging on how quick it went though maybe less.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    No more than 2000 made would be my guess.  Judging on how quick it went though maybe less.
    That's what I've been thinking as well. Maybe 2500 tops. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,776
    ill guess 1996...for obvious reasons
  • I happened to be in my email when the announcement came in, I Immediately clicked on the link and ordered it- not long after I saw on this forum it was sold out. Lucky I guess, except now I have not received it after I got an email it was shipped on August 9th. The UPS tracking number shows nothing and come to find out it was transferred to USPS- so still waiting. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    I happened to be in my email when the announcement came in, I Immediately clicked on the link and ordered it- not long after I saw on this forum it was sold out. Lucky I guess, except now I have not received it after I got an email it was shipped on August 9th. The UPS tracking number shows nothing and come to find out it was transferred to USPS- so still waiting. 
    Same
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    I happened to be in my email when the announcement came in, I Immediately clicked on the link and ordered it- not long after I saw on this forum it was sold out. Lucky I guess, except now I have not received it after I got an email it was shipped on August 9th. The UPS tracking number shows nothing and come to find out it was transferred to USPS- so still waiting. 
    How did you know it transferred to USPS?  Mine is still in the initial UPS Mail Innovation, waiting for the package stage.
  • danlee1095danlee1095 Posts: 1,194
    mrussel1 said:
    How did you know it transferred to USPS?  Mine is still in the initial UPS Mail Innovation, waiting for the package stage.
    Mine was in limbo for a week or so too and then yesterday the tracking information finally updated with a delivery date of Saturday!  PJ beer tomorrow and sweet, sweet vinyl day after!!
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL), 5/16/24 (NV), 5/18/24 (NV), 5/28/24 (WA), 5/30/24 (WA), 8/29/24 (IL), 8/31/24 (IL), 9/3/24 (NY), 9/4/24 (NY), 9/7/24 (PA), 9/12/24 (MD), 9/15/24 (MA), 9/17/24 (MA)
    mrussel1 said:
    Mine was in limbo for a week or so too and then yesterday the tracking information finally updated with a delivery date of Saturday!  PJ beer tomorrow and sweet, sweet vinyl day after!!
    Very nice.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,261
    CROJAM95 said:
    ill guess 1996...for obvious reasons

That would be pretty cool if true.
    edited August 2021
    igotid88 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrk2 said:
    LETS
    ALL
    CONSTRUCT
    NARRATIVES
    IN SUPPORT OF
    ARTIFICAL SCARCITY
    AND FAN-UNFRIENDLY
    PRACTICES! 
    ROCK AND ROLL.

The fanatical type
    If it is contrarian to have the values and opinions on the left, than I am sad to say I must be one of those contrarian types.

I also make sure that if I invite people to a birthday party there is cake for everyone who wants and not only for the first three guests. Because that seems like the decent thing to do.

In that sense, I am also a contrarian birthday planner.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,778
    igotid88 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrk2 said:
    LETS
    ALL
    CONSTRUCT
    NARRATIVES
    IN SUPPORT OF
    ARTIFICAL SCARCITY
    AND FAN-UNFRIENDLY
    PRACTICES! 
    ROCK AND ROLL.

The fanatical type
    If it is contrarian to have the values and opinions on the left, than I am sad to say I must be one of those contrarian types.

I also make sure that if I invite people to a birthday party there is cake for everyone who wants and not only for the first three guests. Because that seems like the decent thing to do.

In that sense, I am also a contrarian birthday planner.
    That's surprising you a leftist. They did say limited 
    I miss igotid88