Vaccine Status

13»

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Renfield said:

Hi Renfield! It's good to hear from you, lady.

Fully vaccinated. I wear my mask pretty much all the time, sometimes when I'm outside, sometimes in the car, because I forget I have it on. 
    @OffSheGoes35  And big hello to you! :hug:
    Will I be seeing you at any upcoming pj shows? I hope you are well.x
    Why thank you! :hug:
    I will not be at any upcoming PJ shows. Kind of a recluse. If I'm not at home or work, there's like 3 places to search.  =) I am well. I hope you are well. 
    Mmmm.
    1- the library
    2 - the left handed emporium
    3 - an event of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
    And the Guinness World Record for Laziest Stalker goes to....
    :lol:.    
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Just got my second shot on Friday. I wear my mask in the grocery store, but we’re still in lockdown here so it’s not like I’m going out that often anyway.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    I will NEVER understand why people feel the need to butt into someone else's life and tell them NOT to wear something.

Maybe I should start walking around shouting at these folks:

"Hey pal, it's hot out, TAKE THOSE PANTS OFF AND PUT ON SHORTS, NOW!".

"IT'S DARK OUT. TAKE THAT BASEBALL CAP OFF!". 

FUCK OFF. 
    It's off the thread topic, but I've gotten that from men before when I'm out running: "You don't need to be wearing gloves, it's too warm for them!" WTF dude, I have Raynaud's and that means if it's below 70, I'm wearing gloves.

I haven't had anyone give me grief about wearing a mask, then again we live in an area that's so mask-compliant that people kept wearing them after the mandate was lifted.

People (well, men) feel surprisingly free to comment on what women are wearing and doing and how they are behaving. 
    agreed. I don't, but I see it all the time. it's fucking weird. 

I was once told to "Smile!" in the last three miles of a half-marathon. While running with a GI bug. That dude got a very graphic explanation for why I didn't freaking feel like smiling at that particular moment.
    There is such a double standard when it comes to females. My daughter ran cross country in high school. During the Summer when it was hot and humid, she would run in shorts and a sports bra. Nothing revealing, most tank tops cover less. Someone tried to tell me to have her wear a shirt. The males she was out training with had no shirts on. I pointed that out and let them know that they should mind their own business. I was fairly polite. I have run one half and at no point during the last part of the race did I feel like smiling, and that was without a GI bug.  
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited August 2021
    Fully vaccinated (Pfizer). Masks are no longer mandated, just recommended (they should still be mandated IMO). I still wear my mask indoors in public (excluding while sitting at a table in a (careful, compliant) restaurant). If there are a lot of people outdoors, like busy sidewalks or something, I'll put it on then too. And of course on public transit. The majority of people seem to still be wearing masks indoors... the ones who don't come off as inconsiderate and rude IMO. People stare at them. But they leave them alone.
    I am going to the office once a week now, and will go two times a week in September. We're all on staggered days, so the office is practically empty - we don't have to be crazy careful there or wear masks at our desks, and we'll take them off for small distanced meetings too, but we all still put our masks on when we're up and moving around or going to the washroom or something. We all also got a package with hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes. And we're all fully vaccinated.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    edited September 2021

closed

- The topic of this thread is Vaccine Status. Please respect topic integrity. 

- Do not alter quotes. Creating a fake quote is not ok. Please don’t do that. Google picks up every post and someone's post should be their own words.

- Do not call names even when you strongly disagree with another member. Just address the topic.

- The report comment feature is currently unavailable so if you see a problem post, please report it to us in a private message with a link to the post. 

Thank you

Stay safe and be well

Post edited by Sea on