Options

Vaccine Status

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    edited August 2021
    I mean I get this is a left wing forum for the most part but still surprised so far that 100% of people voting are vaccinated. Nice work everyone!
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Renfield said:
    Vaccinated.  Building where I live back to masks in all common areas, and office just reinstated masks at all times.  Bus/subway never removed their mask mandates. I wear a mask in any store I go into, and put it on if I’m walking on crowed streets.  
    Hi Renfield! It's good to hear from you, lady.

Fully vaccinated. I wear my mask pretty much all the time, sometimes when I'm outside, sometimes in the car, because I forget I have it on. 
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    hedonist said:
    My cousin and her daughter are fully vaxxed, mask up when around others etc., and both have just been infected.

My cousin sounds awful; not sure if her having cancer has any bearing on its severity.

Either way, it sucks. 

Very sorry to hear and hope that it is only a few days just happy they are vaxxed so its not as bad.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    hedonist said:
    I see people out walking — no one else around but me across the street or a good distance away — wearing masks. I don’t see the need but if they feel they do, it’s none of my business.

(too bad most can’t mind their own damn business in general, but that’s another issue for another time)

As someone with OCD, my greatest fear is the idea that I'll spread it to someone and there'll be a chain-reaction of infections with some deaths sprinkled in. In the early days (i.e., last year), that had me wearing a mask on my daily 15-mile bike rides (though I'd pull it to my chin when nobody was around). So, like we've always said, you don't know what's going on with someone else and even if their reasoning doesn't turn out to be particularly rational, so be it. (And I know you didn't approach them and aren't particular worried about it, but some people are).

I walk the dog in an urban environment and I don't even have a mask on me anymore. But I do see a lot of them on faces and chins. Part of it is that they're required on buses. So people have to bring them and I'd be some just forget about them after they get off the bus because, well, it's a minor inconvenience.  It's just so funny to me when someone gets visibly angry because they saw a guy wearing a mask in his car by himself. There are a few rational explanations, a few irrational explanations, and one response: "who gives a shit?"

Early in the mess, I was walking down the street with my mask on and a maskless guy walks towards me, gets within about five feet and says "you're outside; you don't need to wear a mask." Of course, his doing that tweaked my OCD. When people are going "too far" discomforting themselves for the greater good, just leave them alone. They really seem to think their very way of life is being threatened because someone's wearing a mask when not needed. Or maybe seeing them makes them aware of their own lack of willingness to sacrifice comfort for others. Either way, they need to keep it to themselves.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    OnWis97 said:
    hedonist said:
    I see people out walking — no one else around but me across the street or a good distance away — wearing masks. I don’t see the need but if they feel they do, it’s none of my business.

(too bad most can’t mind their own damn business in general, but that’s another issue for another time)

As someone with OCD, my greatest fear is the idea that I'll spread it to someone and there'll be a chain-reaction of infections with some deaths sprinkled in. In the early days (i.e., last year), that had me wearing a mask on my daily 15-mile bike rides (though I'd pull it to my chin when nobody was around). So, like we've always said, you don't know what's going on with someone else and even if their reasoning doesn't turn out to be particularly rational, so be it. (And I know you didn't approach them and aren't particular worried about it, but some people are).

I walk the dog in an urban environment and I don't even have a mask on me anymore. But I do see a lot of them on faces and chins. Part of it is that they're required on buses. So people have to bring them and I'd be some just forget about them after they get off the bus because, well, it's a minor inconvenience.  It's just so funny to me when someone gets visibly angry because they saw a guy wearing a mask in his car by himself. There are a few rational explanations, a few irrational explanations, and one response: "who gives a shit?"

Early in the mess, I was walking down the street with my mask on and a maskless guy walks towards me, gets within about five feet and says "you're outside; you don't need to wear a mask." Of course, his doing that tweaked my OCD. When people are going "too far" discomforting themselves for the greater good, just leave them alone. They really seem to think their very way of life is being threatened because someone's wearing a mask when not needed. Or maybe seeing them makes them aware of their own lack of willingness to sacrifice comfort for others. Either way, they need to keep it to themselves.
    I wear a mask at work and sometimes I forget I even have it on. I have tried to take a drink of water a few times with it on. I walk laps outside in the parking lot at lunch time and have made it 3 or 4 minutes into my walk before remembering that the mask is still on. My wife has arrived home from work or the store and pulled up to the house still wearing hers after a 10 minute drive.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    OnWis97 said:
    hedonist said:

I will NEVER understand why people feel the need to butt into someone else's life and tell them NOT to wear something.

Maybe I should start walking around shouting at these folks:

"Hey pal, it's hot out, TAKE THOSE PANTS OFF AND PUT ON SHORTS, NOW!".

"IT'S DARK OUT. TAKE THAT BASEBALL CAP OFF!". 

FUCK OFF. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I wear my sunglasses at night.
  • Options
    Corey?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,254
    I will NEVER understand why people feel the need to butt into someone else's life and tell them NOT to wear something.

FUCK OFF. 
    It's off the thread topic, but I've gotten that from men before when I'm out running: "You don't need to be wearing gloves, it's too warm for them!" WTF dude, I have Raynaud's and that means if it's below 70, I'm wearing gloves.

I haven't had anyone give me grief about wearing a mask, then again we live in an area that's so mask-compliant that people kept wearing them after the mandate was lifted.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727

This is how the term "rad" came about.  :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

FUCK OFF. 
    It's off the thread topic, but I've gotten that from men before when I'm out running: "You don't need to be wearing gloves, it's too warm for them!" WTF dude, I have Raynaud's and that means if it's below 70, I'm wearing gloves.

I haven't had anyone give me grief about wearing a mask, then again we live in an area that's so mask-compliant that people kept wearing them after the mandate was lifted.

what on earth.....?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianlux said:

This is how the term "rad" came about.  :smiley:
    And when I'm feeling especially rad I put this bad boy on...

Oh yeah, thread integrity, the scorpion is vaccinated.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    OnWis97 said:
    hedonist said:

That applies in so many realms, no?

At the beginning, I too wore the mask while out walking — mainly because the sheriffs were allowed to ticket us if not, or if I encountered someone.

You people who “forget you’re wearing a mask”?  Crazy! Maybe you just get used to it, but it’s claustrophobic to me — especially if working out or the weather’s hot. 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    OnWis97 said:
    hedonist said:

I wear a mask at work and sometimes I forget I even have it on. I have tried to take a drink of water a few times with it on. I walk laps outside in the parking lot at lunch time and have made it 3 or 4 minutes into my walk before remembering that the mask is still on. My wife has arrived home from work or the store and pulled up to the house still wearing hers after a 10 minute drive.  
    Ha. I'm legitimately surprised I've never done that.  Because I have driven alone with it on for several miles simply because I've forgotten about it.

FUCK OFF. 

My wife has that. We were down in Miami for the Orange Bowl in 2017 and it was in the 50s. The fingers on the hand she was holding a beer with turned white.  Minnesota winters are rough for her.  Just another great example of why people not hurting anyone else should be left alone. It's not your job to explain to every nosy jackass on the street why you're wearing gloves.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    hedonist said:

Ha. I'm legitimately surprised I've never done that.  Because I have driven alone with it on for several miles simply because I've forgotten about it.

FUCK OFF. 

My wife has that. We were down in Miami for the Orange Bowl in 2017 and it was in the 50s. The fingers on the hand she was holding a beer with turned white.  Minnesota winters are rough for her.  Just another great example of why people not hurting anyone else should be left alone. It's not your job to explain to every nosy jackass on the street why you're wearing gloves.

Further, if you talk to me on the street it should be to say Hello, to ask for assistance.....or, I guess if you have something nice you want to say you can say it.  Otherwise, fuck off with whatever you have to say.  :lol: 

Seriously, if someone said that to me and I was wearing gloves I would show them two fingers of the gloves.  What idiots some people are.

My vaccine status is Flounder.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    hedonist said:

FUCK OFF. 

Further, if you talk to me on the street it should be to say Hello, to ask for assistance.....or, I guess if you have something nice you want to say you can say it.  Otherwise, fuck off with whatever you have to say.  :lol: 

Seriously, if someone said that to me and I was wearing gloves I would show them two fingers of the gloves.  What idiots some people are.

Fat, drunk, and stupid?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Hobbes said:
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    hedonist said:

FUCK OFF. 

Fat, drunk, and stupid?

The only way to go through vaccination
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828

FUCK OFF. 

People (well, men) feel surprisingly free to comment on what women are wearing and doing and how they are behaving. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    hedonist said:
    OnWis97 said:
    hedonist said:

That applies in so many realms, no?

At the beginning, I too wore the mask while out walking — mainly because the sheriffs were allowed to ticket us if not, or if I encountered someone.

You people who “forget you’re wearing a mask”?  Crazy! Maybe you just get used to it, but it’s claustrophobic to me — especially if working out or the weather’s hot. 

I think this may boil down to what people do every day. If you are outside and claustrophobic I don't know how you do it but my hats off to you for being vigilant.

Being inside an office with A/C its just on my face , I don't feel claustrophobic with it on so it just became such a normal think.

My wife who is a teacher and works at a summer camp has to wear one and she rips it off once she is in the car. I have to imaging it sucks when its 90+ and humid outside.  If I worked outside I am sure I would never forget it is on my face.  

• Options

FUCK OFF. 

People (well, men) feel surprisingly free to comment on what women are wearing and doing and how they are behaving. 
    agreed. I don't, but I see it all the time. it's fucking weird. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383

FUCK OFF. 

Thanks for your "opinion," sweetheart. 
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,254

FUCK OFF. 

I was once told to "Smile!" in the last three miles of a half-marathon. While running with a GI bug. That dude got a very graphic explanation for why I didn't freaking feel like smiling at that particular moment.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Hobbes said:

FUCK OFF. 

Ha! I recently had the pleasure of being called “sweetheart” by someone.

….I don’t think they meant it kindly 🤡
  • Options

FUCK OFF. 

I was once told to "Smile!" in the last three miles of a half-marathon. While running with a GI bug. That dude got a very graphic explanation for why I didn't freaking feel like smiling at that particular moment.
    I’ve gotten that too. I just ignore them (unsmilingly!) :lol:
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    edited August 2021

Fully vaccinated. I wear my mask pretty much all the time, sometimes when I'm outside, sometimes in the car, because I forget I have it on. 
    @OffSheGoes35  And big hello to you! :hug:
    Will I be seeing you at any upcoming pj shows? I hope you are well.x
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Hobbes said:

FUCK OFF. 

Nice that you found someone to read it to you, dumpling. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Renfield said:

Why thank you! :hug:
    I will not be at any upcoming PJ shows. Kind of a recluse. If I'm not at home or work, there's like 3 places to search.  =) I am well. I hope you are well. 
  • Options
    Renfield said:

I will not be at any upcoming PJ shows. Kind of a recluse. If I'm not at home or work, there's like 3 places to search.  =) I am well. I hope you are well. 
    Mmmm.
    1- the library
    2 - the left handed emporium
    3 - an event of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
  • Options
    Renfield said:

Mmmm.
    1- the library
    2 - the left handed emporium
    3 - an event of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
    And the Guinness World Record for Laziest Stalker goes to....
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401

FUCK OFF. 

Still off topic but my sympathies re Raynaud’s
    I drop stuff all day everyday.  I don’t think I’ve  felt my hands since 2016 😂 I guess wearing gloves in the summer is unconstitutional.  
    Try to stay well/keep warm