Options

Shipping Rates

2»

Comments

• Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,070
    I skipped them due to the shipping to the U.K. - seemed high. However thinking about it today, the shipping cost is absolutely bonkers. So, shipping of the two jigsaws to the U.K. is $77.50, $38.75 each…. However I just looked at my receipt from February and the Marucci bat was $30.99. How can it be more expensive to ship a jigsaw than a heavy wooden bat!?!
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,000
    My biggest challenge is the inconsistency, you never know how much shipping will be. I ordered No Code vinyl and it was $15 to Toronto which is reasonable, the puzzle is $25.50. It just seems like a mistake in their shipping calculation. If shipping was faster it could be justified but the combination of slow delivery and high shipping costs make a lot of merch a no go.

Don’t get me started on stickers, $11 to ship one sticker :o  
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,494
    edited August 2021
    The shipping rates have kept me from ordering some items from the 10C store. If it is something I can find elsewhere I usually buy it there, if it is exclusive to 10C, I have to really want it to purchase it.    
  • Options
    AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826
    Either 10C is getting taken advantage of by UPS or they are taking advantage of us.  Oh well, it's helped cured my need to get all merch.    
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    Either 10C is getting taken advantage of by UPS or they are taking advantage of us.  Oh well, it's helped cured my need to get all merch.    
    If I were to walk into the UPS store in Seattle, and ship a 4 pound box to my residence in Eastern MA I would pay over $19.00. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    The shipping service is a bigger problem than the rate, IMO. Many of us have had the experience of watching our packages zig-zag their way to us via UPS Mail Innovations. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    edited August 2021
    JimmyV said:
    The shipping service is a bigger problem than the rate, IMO. Many of us have had the experience of watching our packages zig-zag their way to us via UPS Mail Innovations. 
    In fairness, this isn't a problem limited to 10C or UPS Mail Innovations... shipping has been f'ed up for all carriers for some time now. 

USPS, parcel services, LTL services... nothing is moving like it was 18 months ago. Everything takes longer now and the carriers are charging higher rates for less service across the board. 

Maybe you're referring to shipping before the pandemic, but since March of 2020, shipping product has been a whole different ballgame. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    JimmyV said:
    In fairness, this isn't a problem limited to 10C or UPS Mail Innovations... shipping has been f'ed up for all carriers for some time now. 

USPS, parcel services, LTL services... nothing is moving like it was 18 months ago. Everything takes longer now and the carriers are charging higher rates for less service across the board. 

Maybe you're referring to shipping before the pandemic, but since March of 2020, shipping product has been a whole different ballgame. 
    Sure, and it's true that I haven't purchased anything from 10C since last year. This was a problem long before Covid, and one that this business struggles with on multiple fronts. From vault 10 to annual singles to puzzles to whatever is coming next. 

For the record, and this is only my experience, we have had more packages delivered to us in the last few weeks than ever before in my life because of our wedding registry. Everything (so far, knock on wood) has shown up on time, as expected, and in good condition. We have seen no delays or had any problems with shipping services. This is all in the last month or two. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    My company ships hospital supplies. That’s our business. What people forget about is the warehouse space we pay for and warehouse workers we have to employ to ship the supplies. It’s not just a $1 box and the postage. Doing business is expensive. 

I’m not saying they’re not a bit high but employing one full time employee costs a ton for a smallish biz. 
    But what you are talking about is shipping & handling. They don’t state that here, only shipping. 

https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/articles/205023064-Shipping-Policy-FAQ

What are "Shipping" charges?

Ten Club charges a combined postage and handling fee for most shipped orders. Some orders include free postage and handling. Some orders have a discounted postage and handling rate. In all cases, this fee is described as "shipping".

• Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    If I were to walk into the UPS store in Seattle, and ship a 4 pound box to my residence in Eastern MA I would pay over $19.00. 
    Yeah, you are quoting ups shipping. 10 club is using ups and mail innovations, which is the worst shipping service out there. Your example is bad
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    ComeToTX said:
    My company ships hospital supplies. That’s our business. What people forget about is the warehouse space we pay for and warehouse workers we have to employ to ship the supplies. It’s not just a $1 box and the postage. Doing business is expensive. 

I’m not saying they’re not a bit high but employing one full time employee costs a ton for a smallish biz. 
    But what you are talking about is shipping & handling. They don’t state that here, only shipping. 

Ten Club charges a combined postage and handling fee for most shipped orders. Some orders include free postage and handling. Some orders have a discounted postage and handling rate. In all cases, this fee is described as "shipping".

Love the quotations. “Shipping”.
    No offence to thr 10C, but this explanation is vague at best. To use their quotations, there is a lot of “some” and “most” in there. 

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    edited August 2021
    ComeToTX said:

Is there a "service fee" too?

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited August 2021
    ComeToTX said:

Is there a "service fee" too?

Handling is a service fee. The service is handling.

EDIT - I didn’t click the spoiler button. I see what you did there. I have to admit, a ticketmaster reference was included in an iteration of my post, but I decided to leave it alone. But it is a valid point. 

Is it just we are all older now and therefore the band position has changed in that it isn’t young people affording tickets to shows to middle-aged rock fans with (seemingly) a lot of disposable income and therefore the same principles do not apply?   I just ordered Jerry Cantrell’s new album from his website and the shipping charges were $3 US cheaper than PJ. Doesn’t sound like much but the discrepancy doesn’t make sense. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,421
    FYI - I got this notice from eBay regarding shipping increases for 2022.  Before we slam the 10 Club, remember that carriers are increasing their rates. 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,746
    Yippy! Service cost is going up while the delivery time around is going down.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    No increase for UPS ebay labels, is that the same as ups mail innovations that 10c uses?
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,421
    Horse2345 said:
    No increase for UPS ebay labels, is that the same as ups mail innovations that 10c uses?
    I think eBay UPS rates are for UPS door-to-door service only. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,410
    That seems like a lot for 11 decals...no? 

I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    JV130312 said:

Yep
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    JV130312 said:

Not when you factor in the solid gold envelope they arrive in. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    JV130312 said:

Damn! I'm afraid to see how much that would be shipped to Canada.
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    JV130312 said:

Damn! I'm afraid to see how much that would be shipped to Canada.

To Eastern Canada it's only 49 cents more.

Subtotal $11.00
    Shipping $17.06
    Total USD $28.06

• Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 493
    price gouging, just like everything else these days. profit over all. 

that's your answer. 
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Options
    I guess as a Canadian, I should be thankful that bundling a single CD from 10C with bootlegs is so cheap… of course, the Gigaton CD got here in under a week… Nugs is still MIA…
  • Options
    JV130312 said:

$16 to ship stickers is a joke. They go in an envelope. Way to treat yours fans!  It’s an envelope and a stamp. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,000
    Something is off with their shipping calculator. Some posters cost like $4 more to ship. The license plate bundle was $2 less to ship than just the plate alone. I’ve given up on trying to understand their shipping algorithms.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    JV130312 said:

$16 to ship stickers is a joke. They go in an envelope. Way to treat yours fans!  It’s an envelope and a stamp. 
    I can’t argue with you on that. 
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,692
    I guess as a Canadian, I should be thankful that bundling a single CD from 10C with bootlegs is so cheap… of course, the Gigaton CD got here in under a week… Nugs is still MIA…
    Buy direct from nugs, shipping is usually cheaper which is odd since 10c don't ship the boots and think the tax isn't added. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    Buy direct from nugs, shipping is usually cheaper which is odd since 10c don't ship the boots and think the tax isn't added. 

Oh man buying from Nugs.net is so cheap. Pretty much a flat rate of $5.00. The 2022 Box Set shipping rate to Canada is only $5.00 US.
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    mace1229 said:
    Something is off with their shipping calculator. Some posters cost like $4 more to ship. The license plate bundle was $2 less to ship than just the plate alone. I’ve given up on trying to understand their shipping algorithms.
    When I looked possibly buying the shirt/plate sticker bundle on Jan 1, it was like $13 in shipping. When I looked at it again last week, it was like $9. Same address, same item order, still haven't purchased.