Options

Shipping Rates

tscholletscholle Denver, CO Posts: 36
Hi, why are the 10Club shipping rates so outrageous? It is $29.00 to ship 2 puzzles within the United States???? That seems outrageous…

Comments

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231
    You must be new! Lol
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635

• Options
    tscholletscholle Denver, CO Posts: 36
    I have been a member for greater than 25 years and I feel like in the beginning things like shipping were reasonable, but recently it has been out of control…
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    edited August 2021
    disregard
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    amazon doesnt have us spoiled, USPS priority boxes have us spoiled.  also there is a huge difference in "free and quick" and $30
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,191
    If they were $45 apiece with free shipping would you feel better about it? 
  • Options
    Vookie23Vookie23 Posts: 607
    $91 to Australia 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
    "Futures Above, But In The Past He's Slow and Sinking"

Canberra 95, Melbourne 03, Melbourne 1,2,3. 06, Sydney 3, 06, Newcastle 06, Adelaide 1,2 06, Adelaide 09, Melbourne 09, Sydney 09, Brisbane 09, Canberra 11, Newcastle 11, Sydney 1,2. 11, Melbourne 1,2. 11
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    SHZA said:
    yes. still wouldnt buy it. but at least they are being honest
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    Email the ten club, you won’t get answers here.
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    Not really. Free shipping is more dishonest because it obviously has a cost. Just seems to be a psychology thing that people are focused more on shipping than the total cost 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    SHZA said:
    A puzzle for $45?  Hahahahaha this is great! 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    Not really. Free shipping is more dishonest because it obviously has a cost. Just seems to be a psychology thing that people are focused more on shipping than the total cost 
    well, there are plenty of people on here that were ready to buy until the magic shipping charges appeared at the end of the transaction.  10club was not honest and up front with cost and tack on a ridiculous shipping charge at very end in the hopes you continue with your purchase. its BS, almost bait and switch situation
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    edited August 2021
    My company ships hospital supplies. That’s our business. What people forget about is the warehouse space we pay for and warehouse workers we have to employ to ship the supplies. It’s not just a $1 box and the postage. Doing business is expensive. 

I’m not saying they’re not a bit high but employing one full time employee costs a ton for a smallish biz. 
    Post edited by ComeToTX on
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    The invisible industries puzzles from last year (e.g. Emek Chief, eternal embrace) were $45 apiece plus $12.50 shipping and sold out instantly! 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    the emek Chief was an edition of 64 and signed by emek
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    ComeToTX said:
    My company ships hospital supplies. That’s our business. What people forget about is the warehouse space we pay for and warehouse workers we have to employ to ship the supplies. It’s not just a $1 box and the postage. Doing business is expensive. 

I’m not saying they’re not a bit high but employing one full time employee costs a ton for a smallish biz. 
    But what you are talking about is shipping & handling. They don’t state that here, only shipping. 
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    ComeToTX said:

But if they shipped per order it would make more sense than shipped by item which is what they do.
  • Options
    the emek Chief was an edition of 64 and signed by emek
    Forged was an open edition and they sold about 500 at $49 + 12.50 ship. So $45 shipped is not an outlandish price for PJ fans to pay for a puzzle. Yet some people refuse to buy because shipping looks a few dollars higher than it should be. But the same people would buy it if the puzzle was $35 and shipping $10, $40/$5, etc. because they are mad that 10 club is supposedly lying to make additional profits on shipping. Lmao. Just buy it instead of always complaining about the extra $5. You'll be happier 
  • Options
    "youll be happier" and eventually poorer
    none said 10 club is lying, but they surely are not upfront with shipping costs, ever
    bottom line, 10club takes advantage of "fandom" more so than other fan clubs or other band's merchandise sales
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    hihobibo said:
    ComeToTX said:

But if they shipped per order it would make more sense than shipped by item which is what they do.
    Yeah, that’s a bit deceptive. Maybe they’re already boxed up to save time?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    none said 10 club is lying, but they surely are not upfront with shipping costs, ever
    bottom line, 10club takes advantage of "fandom" more so than other fan clubs or other band's merchandise sales
    Why do you need your hand held for shipping costs? Maybe go on the UPS website and calculate how much it costs to ship a 4lb package from Seattle to your town. You probably won't like what you see, but you might get a clue.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    i shouldnt need my hand held for shipping costs, but 10 club makes it so
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    i shouldnt need my hand held for shipping costs, but 10 club makes it so
    Clearly you do. You need it explained to you. 
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    My point is you're not actually paying more, you're just wasting energy fretting about shipping charges because if the same amount was just tacked on to the product no one would care. Showing the shipping charge during the checkout process after you put in your address seems to be pretty standard for most internet sales. If they didn't show it until after you paid, I could see your point. 
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,064
    edited August 2021
    I don't care how you want to slice it...$45 for a 500 piece puzzle is fucking ridiculous.  Come on.  I would love to do/have the No Code puzzle but not a chance at that price.
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 644
    I'd be a lot happier if I could spend $15 on shipping through USPS Media Mail. UPS Mail Innovations is a joke. 3 weeks from WA to Long Island. Only 5 days on average with USPS.
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    Bahaha $100 shipping to Australia for 2 puzzles. I closed the window pretty quick. Is the band delivering it in their private jet?
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 337
    also nothing ships together anymore, you used to be able to order a bunch of stuff and it would be shipped together in one box, unless you had a poster of course, but it was still part of the same shipping cost and included in the same order, now everything seems to be shipped separately no matter how many items you order, not to mention you have to make separate orders for multiple items, so you're paying the shipping cost for every item purchased individually no matter how much you order... 
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    musicsam3musicsam3 Posts: 233
    Ten Club shipping rates are too high. An LP a puzzle and a pack of stickers does not cost $32 to ship to California.