Options

Olympics

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Worlds greatest athlete is Canadian Damien Warner 🇨🇦 setting an Olympic record in the decathlon...🥇🥇🥇
    DeGrasse won too.  
    I posted that earlier in the thread.  De Grasse has entered 8 world championship and Olympic events and has a medal in all of them...Friday he tries for 9 in the 4x100 relay...he is Canada’s greatest track athlete...
    Is your favorite part about him the fact that he lives in Jacksonville?

jackonsviille, Ontario?
    You should come up to Canada and put on a dance on one of our reserves...youkd find that hoot...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    More of the dick measuring? 

Lovely.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    I must of missed where the part where he Grasse lost his Canadian blood because of where he chooses to live and train...

The world's greatest athlete trains in London, Ont...so there is that...
    You don't choose your blood, but you can choose where you live.  I think it's interesting that he chose the US.  Don't you find that interesting?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I must of missed where the part where he Grasse lost his Canadian blood because of where he chooses to live and train...

You don't choose your blood, but you can choose where you live.  I think it's interesting that he chose the US.  Don't you find that interesting?
    I don't really care to tell you the truth.  I don't care about your politics with Russia.  Personally I think your a very insecure weak minded man...yourcso wrapped up in your flag you think the only place to live is the US...good for you.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,358
    just fantastic to see the stereotype of Canadians dispelled so regularly....

I know several. Have missed seeing them twice year since covid started. They fall into that stereotype quite easily. Look forward to seeing them again and hanging out.

Others I am familiar with bust that stereotype wide open....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    just fantastic to see the stereotype of Canadians dispelled so regularly....

I know several. Have missed seeing them twice year since covid started. They fall into that stereotype quite easily. Look forward to seeing them again and hanging out.

Others I am familiar with bust that stereotype wide open....
    Haha, good point.  I love our Canadian members around here. I love Canada too.  I need to see more of it, other than the big cities.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,744
    I just don't get this country bashing - seems like it's not really in good fun. Celebrate the athletes and that we are able to peacefully gather in competition.

(Of course I enjoy ribbing the English soccer team and their fans, but they are playing pretty well lately.)

And, USA f***ed up the baton transfer again. DAMMIT. Why don't they just practice more?!?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I don't really care to tell you the truth.  I don't care about your politics with Russia.  Personally I think your a very insecure weak minded man...yourcso wrapped up in your flag you think the only place to live is the US...good for you.
    Go ahead and find a post where I wrap myself in the flag.  I'm anti-jingoism.  But my distaste for the Russia govt runs deep, as the gov't made my entire extended family disappear.  And even today, their piece of shit-ness continues with state sanctioned ransomware, killing journalists, poisoning political opponents, sewing disinformation into our population.  But they are doing well at the Olympics... oh wait... they are banned for doping.  What a great fucking country.  Continue on.  Keep rooting for them.  

It's great that your best athlete lives here though.  
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Lovely.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    dankind said:

Lovely.

:lol:
    Scuse me while I...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Worlds greatest athlete is Canadian Damien Warner 🇨🇦 setting an Olympic record in the decathlon...🥇🥇🥇
    DeGrasse won too.  
    I posted that earlier in the thread.  De Grasse has entered 8 world championship and Olympic events and has a medal in all of them...Friday he tries for 9 in the 4x100 relay...he is Canada’s greatest track athlete...
    Is your favorite part about him the fact that he lives in Jacksonville?

jackonsviille, Ontario?
    You should come up to Canada and put on a dance on one of our reserves...youkd find that hoot...
    Sadly I don't have any dance moves any more; I m so bad I was banned at both of my weddings from dancing.  :(
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,628
    Wedding  dancing  should be Olympic 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,358
    Wedding  dancing  should be Olympic 

theres a thread for that
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,628
    Oh yes.  True to say i fucked my dance up too. I won't  have another thats for sure
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    They already have ice dancing and water dancing so...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    River dancing?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    April/Alix... super impressive victory. 
  • Options
    River dancing?
    Don't give them any ideas.

• Options
    Canada 🇨🇦 wins female soccer ⚽️ gold medal 🥇 

Nice going ladies.  

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    edited August 2021
    Holy shit! Down to the final kick needing a save and a goal just to make continue the kicks and they pulled it off and then won. Was a lot of fun watching that with my wife and kiddos cheering them on. Hopefully a great memory for them when they get older. Way to go Canadian women's soccer team and great final Sweden! 
  • Options
    Awesome job by the Canuks.  If the US doesn't win, definitely rooting for Canada across the board. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    mrussel1 said:
    Awesome job by the Canuks.  If the US doesn't win, definitely rooting for Canada across the board. 
    Agreed.  I always root for Canada and the UK if the us doesn’t win.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    It was a nice win...but especially happy for Christine Sinclair.  This is likely her last Olympics.  

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    Janja Garnbret of Slovenia wins gold at the Olympics and cements her status as top female climber by showing strong in all three disciplines, including speed, which is usually her weakest event. She was a beast in the bouldering qualifiers, flashing all four problems and making it look easy. The finals were a little trickier but she came through. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    mrussel1 said:
    joke sport.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    joke sport.
    You wouldn't last 10 minutes without passing out from exhaustion. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    joke sport.
    I think it's a cool sport but that is silly.
    (So is saying it is a joke sport, of course....)

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    joke sport.
    I think it's a cool sport but that is silly.
    (So is saying it is a joke sport, of course....)

You ever played sand volleyball? It's hard as hell on you and that's when you have 3 or 4 people and not spiking and blocking.  It's no joke. Sand anything is 3x harder than pavement,  grass,  etc.
  • Options
    Yeah I've run on the beach and played plenty of beach volleyball with friends but not seriously.  I don't doubt it is hard but a fit person isn't going to pass out on ten mins of playing.  Not like it's boxing or something.
    They are great athletes and I like watching it.  When I lived in LA we went to some tourneys at that was really cool to see these people do it in person.