Options

Olympics

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,628
    Golf is harder than many that are stall warts. I say golf yes 
    My reason for no on Golf is that we have a competition every week sometimes 2 of them.  There is no need for it.
    Basketball  soccer the  same though  . Many sports play  weekly 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,389
    Golf is harder than many that are stall warts. I say golf yes 
    My reason for no on Golf is that we have a competition every week sometimes 2 of them.  There is no need for it.
    Basketball  soccer the  same though  . Many sports play  weekly 
    Soccer is a perfect example. We have the world cup.
  • Options
    So yesterdays Olympics watching.  I don't do the news so I won't ruin it when I watch.

We are going to have a stacked final in the mens 200m.  We have 4 finalists.  One of them (Lyles)let up really early and almost got passed by 2 others.  He almost shot himself in the foot. He ended up tied with them.  Crazy.

Womens 800m was a fantastic race!  Athing Mu the 19yo will hopefully be around for a while. She went hot and won the gold.  Another teenager, Hodgkinson from Britain won Silver and Rodgers outkicked the rest of the field for Bronze.  The two teens will be rivals for years.  Should be fun to watch in the future.

Womens 400m hurdles was great too, Sydney McClaughlin took gold and broke the world record, hers.  She is an amazing runner and I have someone else to root for since Lolo Jones and FloJo.  Dalila Muhammad took silver but there was this girl that came from behind w a serious acceleration that really made me notice, Femke Bol.  As impressive as Sydney was, Bol was amazing to watch come out of nowhere.

Gymnastics Biles got a bronze, good for her.  To hear her cheering for other competitors was nice too, even if they were from China.  That is what the Olympic spirit is supposed to be though right? Guan and Tang from China took silver and gold.

Mens Horizontal Bars.  Tokyo's Kitazono fell off the bars a few times.  Got back up with a smile and finished the competition.  His country is hopefully proud of him because he got right back up. Silver was Srbic and bronze was Nagorny from ROC.  Russians weren't allowed to compete this year under their flag because of all the doping they got caught doing so they are under Russian Olympic Committees colors. American Brody Malone got the "worst finish an athlete can get" as stated by the pompous announcers NBC seems to have.  Nothing is good enough for these people "that's a deduction, that's a tenth".  They remind me of that "Aunt" Geico commercial.  Expired, expired, expired...  Anywho.  Gold.  Tokyos Hashimoto.  He was a pleasure to watch in any event.  Congrats on the gold.  The horizontal bar had me more amazed than the uneven.  What these men did was spectacular.

Yeah.  I geek out watching.  No updates on the diving.  Sorry.  Not really my thing.

Expiration GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    So yesterdays Olympics watching.  I don't do the news so I won't ruin it when I watch.

We are going to have a stacked final in the mens 200m.  We have 4 finalists.  One of them (Lyles)let up really early and almost got passed by 2 others.  He almost shot himself in the foot. He ended up tied with them.  Crazy.

Womens 800m was a fantastic race!  Athing Mu the 19yo will hopefully be around for a while. She went hot and won the gold.  Another teenager, Hodgkinson from Britain won Silver and Rodgers outkicked the rest of the field for Bronze.  The two teens will be rivals for years.  Should be fun to watch in the future.

Womens 400m hurdles was great too, Sydney McClaughlin took gold and broke the world record, hers.  She is an amazing runner and I have someone else to root for since Lolo Jones and FloJo.  Dalila Muhammad took silver but there was this girl that came from behind w a serious acceleration that really made me notice, Femke Bol.  As impressive as Sydney was, Bol was amazing to watch come out of nowhere.

Gymnastics Biles got a bronze, good for her.  To hear her cheering for other competitors was nice too, even if they were from China.  That is what the Olympic spirit is supposed to be though right? Guan and Tang from China took silver and gold.

Mens Horizontal Bars.  Tokyo's Kitazono fell off the bars a few times.  Got back up with a smile and finished the competition.  His country is hopefully proud of him because he got right back up. Silver was Srbic and bronze was Nagorny from ROC.  Russians weren't allowed to compete this year under their flag because of all the doping they got caught doing so they are under Russian Olympic Committees colors. American Brody Malone got the "worst finish an athlete can get" as stated by the pompous announcers NBC seems to have.  Nothing is good enough for these people "that's a deduction, that's a tenth".  They remind me of that "Aunt" Geico commercial.  Expired, expired, expired...  Anywho.  Gold.  Tokyos Hashimoto.  He was a pleasure to watch in any event.  Congrats on the gold.  The horizontal bar had me more amazed than the uneven.  What these men did was spectacular.

Yeah.  I geek out watching.  No updates on the diving.  Sorry.  Not really my thing.

I was interested to see if Mu would smash the final, as well.  Cool that she did.  Love her style of just going as hard as she can.
    Track would be boring if it were on all of the time, to me, but I dig it at the Olys.  I know some spots follow it every year...

We caught some diving on Sunday.  The Chinese women were so much better than everyone else....and someone who knows next to nothing about diving (me) could see that.  Pretty crazy to see how ridiculously graceful they looked.

Watched none yesterday...sounds like they had lots of good action.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Have they added tubing down a lazy river?  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    They make you wear a diaper and collect the most urine at the end of it.
  • Options
    Something else I wanted to add.

Raven Saunders, the very eccentric, electrifying and Silver gold medalist in the womens shotput's mom passed away 2 days after she won.  That sucks.  She was on top of the world and then to have that happen...
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/2021/08/03/raven-saunders-grieving-mother/
  • Options

I was interested to see if Mu would smash the final, as well.  Cool that she did.  Love her style of just going as hard as she can.
    Track would be boring if it were on all of the time, to me, but I dig it at the Olys.  I know some spots follow it every year...

We caught some diving on Sunday.  The Chinese women were so much better than everyone else....and someone who knows next to nothing about diving (me) could see that.  Pretty crazy to see how ridiculously graceful they looked.

Watched none yesterday...sounds like they had lots of good action.
    Chinas diving team has always been head and shoulders above everyone else.  Yes it is that noticeable.
  • Options
    Andre de Grasse, Canada 🇨🇦 200 m champion.  Canada 1st sprint champion in 25 years (Donavon Bailey).
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,744
    Seriously - GOOGLE SLALOM CANOEING!!!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,744
    When my wife told me US won a gold metal in shooting last week first thing I said was "that makes sense." Are there AR-15 events?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    When my wife told me US won a gold metal in shooting last week first thing I said was "that makes sense." Are there AR-15 events?

Do you have to be running while shooting or shooting from a moving vehicle?  We would win those, hands down.
    What about pistols in both hands?
    Tilted at a stupid angle?
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    The Olympics need to add gangster shooting event or police chase shooting events…
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Do you have to be running while shooting or shooting from a moving vehicle?  We would win those, hands down.
    The Olympics need to add gangster shooting event or police chase shooting events…
    You two are awful...

Those people train for HOURS!!!  They have these cool ported barrels on their .22 custom guns.  Next y'all will make fun of Curling at the winter Olympics...
     :| 
  • Options

You two are awful...

Those people train for HOURS!!!  They have these cool ported barrels on their .22 custom guns.  Next y'all will make fun of Curling at the winter Olympics...

I actually like the shooting stuff, was just poking fun at the nation of shootings not completely dominating these.

Also think Curling is cool every 4 years.
  • Options

You two are awful...

I actually like the shooting stuff, was just poking fun at the nation of shootings not completely dominating these.

Also think Curling is cool every 4 years.
    I figured as I was poking fun too.  Years ago I almost bought an Olympic model gun to give it a try.  i was that serious about shooting and competition.  I declined though as I traveled too much for my job.
  • Options
    My pops was a competitive skeet shooter.  Had special guns for it and all that.  
    I am AWFUL at it.  Comically bad.
  • Options
    When I shot a lot I tried that and Sporting clays.  The person showing me was an Olympic competitor.  I told him i'd do 20/25 after a few practices.  he told me it'd take months.  i did it that day.  he was impressed.

Wanting to be on top, I never tried it again, lol.
  • Options
    We all live for the great curling phrase “hurry hurry, haaaard haaaard.”
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    When I shot a lot I tried that and Sporting clays.  The person showing me was an Olympic competitor.  I told him i'd do 20/25 after a few practices.  he told me it'd take months.  i did it that day.  he was impressed.

Yeah, pops would be pissed when he missed 1 in a round.  I was happy if I hit a third of them if there were 2 flying each time.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Yeah, pops would be pissed when he missed 1 in a round.  I was happy if I hit a third of them if there were 2 flying each time.
    I actually went to college with an Olympic skeet shooter. Did the dude who showed you how go by the nickname of Lurch?

I'm just thinking that there can't be that many around our age.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,628
    Curling  is my favourite  Olympic  sport
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Worlds greatest athlete is Canadian Damien Warner 🇨🇦 setting an Olympic record in the decathlon...🥇🥇🥇
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Worlds greatest athlete is Canadian Damien Warner 🇨🇦 setting an Olympic record in the decathlon...🥇🥇🥇
    DeGrasse won too.  
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    Amazing performance by Damian Warner in the Decathlon. Broke 9K what a feat! 
  • Options
    DeGrasse won too.  
    I posted that earlier in the thread.  De Grasse has entered 8 world championship and Olympic events and has a medal in all of them...Friday he tries for 9 in the 4x100 relay...he is Canada’s greatest track athlete...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    DeGrasse won too.  
    I posted that earlier in the thread.  De Grasse has entered 8 world championship and Olympic events and has a medal in all of them...Friday he tries for 9 in the 4x100 relay...he is Canada’s greatest track athlete...
    Is your favorite part about him the fact that he lives in Jacksonville?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    mrussel1 said:
    DeGrasse won too.  

jackonsviille, Ontario?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    DeGrasse won too.  
    USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I must of missed where the part where he Grasse lost his Canadian blood because of where he chooses to live and train...

The world's greatest athlete trains in London, Ont...so there is that...
    Give Peas A Chance…