Options

Jan 6 Select Committee

Comments

• Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited June 2022
    “Do you believe in the peaceful transfer of power in the United States of America?”

”Fifth.”

And we’re talking about the “coffee girl?”

Bro, she wasn't invited to Marilala.

It makes perfect sense that she would testify and lie under oath. 

Trump barely knew her, also, he only heard bad things about her. 
    They are going to go at her hard.

She’s got the advantage of being white though, not the case with Ruby Freeman.
    Trump called Freeman a "professional vote scammer" and a "hustler." Giuliani said that Moss and Freeman had been passing around USB ports like "vials of cocaine or heroin." 

All over handing someone a mint 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,510

“Do you believe in the peaceful transfer of power in the United States of America?”

”Fifth.”

And we’re talking about the “coffee girl?”

Bro, she wasn't invited to Marilala.

It makes perfect sense that she would testify and lie under oath. 

Trump barely knew her, also, he only heard bad things about her. 
    They are going to go at her hard.

She’s got the advantage of being white though, not the case with Ruby Freeman.
    Trump called Freeman a "professional vote scammer" and a "hustler." Giuliani said that Moss and Freeman had been passing around USB ports like "vials of cocaine or heroin." (Moss said  that her mother had been handing her a "ginger mint," not a USB drive.)

This is why I don't believe that she would have testified to nurse a grudge. The amount of bullshit and harassment that they're going to get from the cult isn't worth it. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,663
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Cassidy Hutchinson is the most likely person to end up in prison when this is all over.
    for what?

Trump will be charged but will never get convicted and go to prison.  if charged his lawyers will just drag it out until he dies. he is getting old and is not in shape.  how many years does he have left?
    onwis thinks Trump will be back in power in 24 and will have all of his enemies arrested and jailed indefinitely while he throws out election laws and becomes king of america. 
    I appreciate your attempt at exaggeration but this is not exaggeration at all. This is what I believe. 

Well, except it will be 2025. And it may or may not be Trump...could be DeSantis.
    How did she perjure herself?  Even if the SS comes back and say it didn't happen the way she described, she was recounting a conversation with someone who said they were witness to the event.  Legally, it was hearsay.  The secret service rebutting doesn't make it perjury on her part.  Who is to say that Tony person didn't tell her that's what happened?  
  • Options
    https://morningshots.thebulwark.com/p/cassidy-was-trumps-worst-nightmare?s=w&utm_medium=web

“To use Trump’s own term, she looked like she was from “central casting,” and she made for great television. Which is why TrumpWorld absolutely, positively will work feverishly to discredit her testimony. Which, of course, is already underway.“

It sure is. 
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,409
    My apologies if this was answered before/somewhere….. so I remember hearing that they don’t like calling secret service to testify but they can….so are they using the  “tradition” excuse again and not going to make these guys testify? 
  • Options
    My apologies if this was answered before/somewhere….. so I remember hearing that they don’t like calling secret service to testify but they can….so are they using the  “tradition” excuse again and not going to make these guys testify? 
    You can, it’s been done before.

you can’t force a priest or Melania to testify about what he said to them though.  To me it’s similar in why it’s complicated and not so much being a tradition.  I can only imagine the illegalities they have witnessed in their history 

if you can get the information elsewhere you absolutely should. I would guess it may happen before this is over 
  • Options
    Personally I think this particular issue is a distraction and just sensationalism.  Unless you're going to charge the president with assault against the agent, it doesn't matter.  Trump's words where he said he didn't care that people had weapons and to get rid of the "mags" is much more important and radical.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Personally I think this particular issue is a distraction and just sensationalism.  Unless you're going to charge the president with assault against the agent, it doesn't matter.  Trump's words where he said he didn't care that people had weapons and to get rid of the "mags" is much more important and radical.  
    1000%
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Cassidy Hutchinson is the most likely person to end up in prison when this is all over.
    for what?

Trump will be charged but will never get convicted and go to prison.  if charged his lawyers will just drag it out until he dies. he is getting old and is not in shape.  how many years does he have left?
    onwis thinks Trump will be back in power in 24 and will have all of his enemies arrested and jailed indefinitely while he throws out election laws and becomes king of america. 
    I appreciate your attempt at exaggeration but this is not exaggeration at all. This is what I believe. 

Well, except it will be 2025. And it may or may not be Trump...could be DeSantis.
    How did she perjure herself?  Even if the SS comes back and say it didn't happen the way she described, she was recounting a conversation with someone who said they were witness to the event.  Legally, it was hearsay.  The secret service rebutting doesn't make it perjury on her part.  Who is to say that Tony person didn't tell her that's what happened?  
    She didn't. I see a future in which people that show this kinda disloyalty to the party are punished, anyway.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    mrussel1 said:
    It was probably on par with the second degree assault* on Rudy a few days ago.

*reduced charge after the film was shown.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    It was probably on par with the second degree assault* on Rudy a few days ago.

*reduced charge after the film was shown.
    I’m sure that’s it going to be a case of  “he fell down the stairs” if it ever came to that. 

In any case I think any agent would downplay an assault in this context to avoid being the victim of an overweight old man.  Kind of makes you less macho to say anything different. 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    mrussel1 said:
    agree also.  not sure what the point of the story was.  could have just said Trump was angry at being sent back to the White House against his wishes. I guess they are trying to establish how much he wanted to go to the Capitol but they have pretty much already established that.
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    Trump's alleged words. Still needs to be proved. I'm not holding my breath. I know, Debbie Downer wah wah wah, but We can't just start putting words in other people's mouths just because we find them to be appalling people that have no business leading anything.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    agree also.  not sure what the point of the story was.  could have just said Trump was angry at being sent back to the White House against his wishes. I guess they are trying to establish how much he wanted to go to the Capitol but they have pretty much already established that.

I agree the mags issue is huge, but so is the SS angle. 

We are talking about an American president wanting to ride in Mussolini style to Capitol Hill assume the power of congress and probably threaten Pences life in person. Had he done that, we’d either have a bloody revolution or trump indicted in Jan 2020. Either way, it’s a historic moment (that exact moment when he physically fought with the SS) in American history and the SS played a paramount role in what happened.

The SS can not only corroborate her testimony, but since they possibly saved trump from indictment had he pulled a Mussolini, it has become significant to the events right at the moment congress was attacked. 

SS  also likely ignored a presidential order to possibly take him to congress. The ignore part is also huge and historic.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

We are talking about an American president wanting to ride in Mussolini style to Capitol Hill assume the power of congress and probably threaten Pences life in person. Had he done that, we’d either have a bloody revolution or trump indicted in Jan 2020. Either way, it’s a historic moment (that exact moment when he physically fought with the SS) in American history and the SS played a paramount role in what happened.

The SS can not only corroborate her testimony, but since they possibly saved trump from indictment had he pulled a Mussolini, it has become significant to the events right at the moment congress was attacked. 

SS  also likely ignored a presidential order to possibly take him to congress. The ignore part is also huge and historic.
    Allegedly, to my knowledge none of this has been backed up, no?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

Which makes it compelling to hear the SS side, it’s the exact moment the world could have changed for every American.
  • Options
    static111 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

Which makes it compelling to hear the SS side, it’s the exact moment the world could have changed for every American.
    If any of this is true I wish they would have let him cross a line before they stopped him so at least there would be some solid proof.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Trump's alleged words. Still needs to be proved. I'm not holding my breath. I know, Debbie Downer wah wah wah, but We can't just start putting words in other people's mouths just because we find them to be appalling people that have no business leading anything.
    She was a direct witness to the words about the weapons and turning off the mags.  Direct witness testimony (not hearsay) is absolutely evidence.  Now that alone is not a crime and I'm still not 100% sure what the crime would be other than seditious conspiracy.  But I think the court of public opinion is what is critical here.  I don't see Trump getting charged regardless, but I do see his one downs getting charged, just like Watergate.  
  • Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

If any of this is true I wish they would have let him cross a line before they stopped him so at least there would be some solid proof.

Don’t be a Debbie downer, we have thousands of journalists calling thousands of sources since the testimony

To me, it’s doesn’t matter if he hit an SS agent or just yelled, the essential fact is did he want to be at the assault on the Capitol at the moment it happened, and under what authority was his request denied?

Some reporting from NYT today,

Secret Service officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said that both Mr. Engel and Mr. Ornato would dispute that Mr. Trump tried to grab the wheel of the car or that Mr. Engel was struck. They said the two men would not dispute that Mr. Trump wanted to be driven to the Capitol as the angry pro-Trump protesters, some of them armed, headed in that direction and Congress was gathered to ratify that he had lost the election”
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    She was a direct witness to the words about the weapons and turning off the mags.  Direct witness testimony (not hearsay) is absolutely evidence.  Now that alone is not a crime and I'm still not 100% sure what the crime would be other than seditious conspiracy.  But I think the court of public opinion is what is critical here.  I don't see Trump getting charged regardless, but I do see his one downs getting charged, just like Watergate.  
    I agree in a sane USA with a functioning court system.  With the warp that trump seems to cause with everything he does I don't think that uncorroborated witness testimony is strong evidence. If this was '72 and anyone in DC had a modicum of respect I think what we have seen so far would have actually been a slam dunk several times over.  With Trump and the new reality of two Americas I think it is a nothing burger.
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

Don’t be a Debbie downer, we have thousands of journalists calling thousands of sources since the testimony

To me, it’s doesn’t matter if he hit an SS agent or just yelled, the essential fact is did he want to be at the assault on the Capitol at the moment it happened, and under what authority was his request denied?

” Secret Service officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said that both Mr. Engel and Mr. Ornato would dispute that Mr. Trump tried to grab the wheel of the car or that Mr. Engel was struck. They said the two men would not dispute that Mr. Trump wanted to be driven to the Capitol as the angry pro-Trump protesters, some of them armed, headed in that direction and Congress was gathered to ratify that he had lost the election”
    I can't help it. I have to get all my negativity out before I leave for vacation.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,858
    from a wapo article related to this.

Ornato denied the conversation. His role is also something that will be chewed over plenty moving forward, including by the Jan. 6 committee. That’s because he was not only a senior Secret Service agent with oversight duties that day but also a political adviser to the White House — an unprecedented setup.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    “Tony Ornato should testify under oath” - Olivia Troye the former White House Homeland Security advisor to Mike Pence. 

(Betcha he won’t, at least not willingly tho) 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

” Secret Service officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said that both Mr. Engel and Mr. Ornato would dispute that Mr. Trump tried to grab the wheel of the car or that Mr. Engel was struck. They said the two men would not dispute that Mr. Trump wanted to be driven to the Capitol as the angry pro-Trump protesters, some of them armed, headed in that direction and Congress was gathered to ratify that he had lost the election”
    I don’t think the president actually has unilateral authority on where they go.

pretty sure SS does it’s absolute best to accommodate but can say no.  If he wants to walk to McDonald’s during a riot it doesn’t matter how bad he wants to go. He isn’t going 

kind of like how they put him in the bunker that time. It wasn’t up to him 

however it also seems to indicate the assessment was the capital couldn’t be secured, and that was probably long before it was breached I would suspect. They probably  had a good idea what was going to happen.  When the SS first said no you can’t go to the capital could be important.  I doubt the first time they said no was after the speech 

the SS doesn’t care why he wants to go. That doesn’t matter, just that it’s secure or able to be secured. Other people were trying to get him not to go for legal reasons. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    PAT CIPOLLONE.....COME ON DOWN!

Now we're getting somewhere, folks
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2022

This whole idea he’s trumps lawyer so he can’t testify is absurd.

White House council is the lawyer to the office of the president, not the presidents lawyer. If anything he has to testify to protect the office of the president as a democracy being functional is kind of a requirement 

That’s  why they have to get outside council when it’s stuff pertaining to them. He doesn’t represent them specifically 
  • Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

I don’t think the president actually has unilateral authority on where they go.

pretty sure SS does it’s absolute best to accommodate but can say no.  If he wants to walk to McDonald’s during a riot it doesn’t matter how bad he wants to go. He isn’t going 

kind of like how they put him in the bunker that time. It wasn’t up to him 

however it also seems to indicate the assessment was the capital couldn’t be secured, and that was probably long before it was breached I would suspect. They probably  had a good idea what was going to happen.  When the SS first said no you can’t go to the capital could be important.  I doubt the first time they said no was after the speech 

the SS doesn’t care why he wants to go. That doesn’t matter, just that it’s secure or able to be secured. Other people were trying to get him not to go for legal reasons. 

That sounds very logical and likely how SS operates. But we are talking about the Commander and Chef? Trump overrode their orders, the SS changed history by ignoring their “commander”

During the impeachment trial, trumps role was viewed as simple incitement, and the GOP defense was FREE SPEECH. If we saw trump on the steps of the Capitol as it was violently invaded? Not only would that have  been an immediate admission of culpability, but far reaching implications on what it means to be an American.

It could have created a second civil war on the spot, or a basis to immediately arrest trump.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,649
    Don’t forget that Pence refused the SS entreaties to leave the Capitol. Who on SS was directing that initiative?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Don’t forget that Pence refused the SS entreaties to leave the Capitol. Who on SS was directing that initiative?
    Pence also authorised the national guard to respond too I think. Don’t think he has that authority 

the take away is probably Trump wasn’t in charge of much, except his twitter feed 

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757

Yeah, I'm hoping with Hutchinson coming forward and testifying, and Thompson urging others to come forward (or come back and tell more) that Cipollone and others will do just that.  Hopefully, Hutchinson opened the door, so to speak.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.