Comments

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,649
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Is there anything to corroborate the testimony?  So far this looks like a chance to sensationalize the TV aspect of the hearing.  It seems like a lot of people are spiking the ball and celebrating.  Am I missing something from this testimony that can't be denied or refuted by others?

In a sane world, testimony under oath would carry more weight than claims made by people who won't / refuse to testify under oath. 

I understand it isn't a sane world, though. 
    A sworn testimony from the coffee girl he barely knew that was mad at him for not letting her go to Marigoround
    Uh.....hoping this is sarcasm. 
    No it isn't.  I think it is harsh realism with a sprinkling of cynicism.  As far as The POOTWH and his legal team is concerned unless there is supporting evidence for her testimony, they can just claim it was a spurned employee with an axe to grind making up stories.
    They can claim anything they want. But unless it’s under oath before the committee, it’s meaningless. 35% of POOTWH’s base, the deplorables, wouldn’t believe it regardless. That’s not the committee’s target audience.
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Is there anything to corroborate the testimony?  So far this looks like a chance to sensationalize the TV aspect of the hearing.  It seems like a lot of people are spiking the ball and celebrating.  Am I missing something from this testimony that can't be denied or refuted by others?

In a sane world, testimony under oath would carry more weight than claims made by people who won't / refuse to testify under oath. 

A sworn testimony from the coffee girl he barely knew that was mad at him for not letting her go to Marigoround
    No it isn't.  I think it is harsh realism with a sprinkling of cynicism.  As far as The POOTWH and his legal team is concerned unless there is supporting evidence for her testimony, they can just claim it was a spurned employee with an axe to grind making up stories.

spurned employee mad because the coup didnt allow her to keep her job?
    We wouldn't be surprised if POOTWH or his team lied under oath.  Anyone can do it, especially if it can't be proved that they are lying, hell three SJs just did and nothing is going to happen to them.  What is to stop anyone else from saying under oath that she is lying?  Without evidence to back up her claims all we really have is a sworn "she said", which doesn't seem like strong enough evidence.  I mean even if there is a broken plate somewhere, it can't really be proven that it brke because POOTWH threw it, it could have fell on the floor, staff might have dropped it etc.  I certainly wouldn't want to set a precedent for one sworn testimony with no backing evidence being enough to send someone to be brought up on serious criminal charges and or sent to jail...no matter how much I dislike the person.  As far as I see it, there needs to be more solid proof if you really want to do anything more than let the guy continue golfing and swindling.

Mickey, Trump said on Truth that she was mad because he personally turned her down to be part of the post White House team. Though not a sworn testimony, if brought up on charges I can see Trump taking the stand and making a sworn statement that she is a disgruntled former employee.

Trump or his team would first have to actually, TESTIFY UNDER OATH, in order to lie under oath, but you know... they're refusing to do that. 

Your logic is hard to follow. 
    If charges are actuallly made and brought against Trump based on sworn statement.  Would Trump not have to at least be present for the trial and wouldn't it be in his interest to take the stand and lie under oath?  Doesn't seem like a hard bridge to cross for me.  Then you are left with a real he said she said, not exactly grounds to make a sound judgement.  Of course that is assuming he doesn't lawyer up and stall  all the way to his high court.  My point is I don't think yesterdays testimony is as much of a slam dunk as people seem to be celebrating.
    Lying under oath when confronted with evidence, either other sworn testimony or documentary evidence leads a jury to convict and separate, later charges of perjury. Again, he can say whatever he wants outside the courtroom but once POOTWH takes the oath and maybe the stand, it’s a whole other ball game.

Ever see footage of his previous depositions? Ever wonder why he refused to sit before Team Mueller? The P in POOTWH could stand for pussy and I’m not referring to a female reproductive pleasure organ.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,510
    edited June 2022
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

They can claim anything they want. But unless it’s under oath before the committee, it’s meaningless. 35% of POOTWH’s base, the deplorables, wouldn’t believe it regardless. That’s not the committee’s target audience.
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

spurned employee mad because the coup didnt allow her to keep her job?
    We wouldn't be surprised if POOTWH or his team lied under oath.  Anyone can do it, especially if it can't be proved that they are lying, hell three SJs just did and nothing is going to happen to them.  What is to stop anyone else from saying under oath that she is lying?  Without evidence to back up her claims all we really have is a sworn "she said", which doesn't seem like strong enough evidence.  I mean even if there is a broken plate somewhere, it can't really be proven that it brke because POOTWH threw it, it could have fell on the floor, staff might have dropped it etc.  I certainly wouldn't want to set a precedent for one sworn testimony with no backing evidence being enough to send someone to be brought up on serious criminal charges and or sent to jail...no matter how much I dislike the person.  As far as I see it, there needs to be more solid proof if you really want to do anything more than let the guy continue golfing and swindling.

Mickey, Trump said on Truth that she was mad because he personally turned her down to be part of the post White House team. Though not a sworn testimony, if brought up on charges I can see Trump taking the stand and making a sworn statement that she is a disgruntled former employee.

Trump or his team would first have to actually, TESTIFY UNDER OATH, in order to lie under oath, but you know... they're refusing to do that. 

Your logic is hard to follow. 
    If charges are actuallly made and brought against Trump based on sworn statement.  Would Trump not have to at least be present for the trial and wouldn't it be in his interest to take the stand and lie under oath?  Doesn't seem like a hard bridge to cross for me.  Then you are left with a real he said she said, not exactly grounds to make a sound judgement.  Of course that is assuming he doesn't lawyer up and stall  all the way to his high court.  My point is I don't think yesterdays testimony is as much of a slam dunk as people seem to be celebrating.
    I don't think anything is a slam dunk, and I don't foresee trump facing any punishments. 

With that being said, if testifying & lying under oath was no big deal as you seem to think it is, trump & his people wouldn't be as reluctant to testify. The claims about him not knowing the coffee girl or her being resentful for not getting invited somewhere mean nothing to me. He's a serial liar. 

Does that mean I believe 100% of what she said? Not necessarily,

But I'm also hard pressed to think someone would put themselves through the bullshit she's no doubt going to face due to her testimony simply out of spite. 

• Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited June 2022
    OnWis97 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

One thing I’ve learned about Trump over the years is that he barely knows anybody.
    He didn’t know his body man either.  The job title is pretty literal. The guy who is in the room with him everywhere he goes. 

And trump voters are worried about Biden’s mental capacity 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    OnWis97 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

One thing I’ve learned about Trump over the years is that he barely knows anybody.
    He didn’t know his body man either.  The job title is pretty literal. The guy who is in the room with him everywhere he goes. 

lol

talk about cognitive decline, imagine if Biden was claiming he didn't know someone/everyone that was constantly in the room with him, the other side would tear him to shreds.  With Trump its just because he is so busy running the country he can't focus on the little people.  Two realities
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

lol

talk about cognitive decline, imagine if Biden was claiming he didn't know someone/everyone that was constantly in the room with him, the other side would tear him to shreds.  With Trump its just because he is so busy running the country he can't focus on the little people.  Two realities
    I’m waiting for the guy who carried the nuclear football everywhere to testify.

Trump will say “who’s that, never heard of him”

that would be great 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,663
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    Well when you refuse to participate in the committee, you lose the opportunity for the counter-narrative.  Even Trump has now realized what a terrible mistake they made.  https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/20/politics/trump-mccarthy-january-6-committee-mistake/index.html
    Interesting analysis. I still don't think there is enough to bring charges against Trump yet, unfortunately.
    I think I agree with you.  I'm not 100% sure what the charges would be.  But that matters little to me.  I'm interested in 1. damaging Trump to the point where he can't run and 2. Scaring the crap out of everyone else who might consider such a ham handed coup.  
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    Well when you refuse to participate in the committee, you lose the opportunity for the counter-narrative.  Even Trump has now realized what a terrible mistake they made.  https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/20/politics/trump-mccarthy-january-6-committee-mistake/index.html
    Interesting analysis. I still don't think there is enough to bring charges against Trump yet, unfortunately.
    I think I agree with you.  I'm not 100% sure what the charges would be.  But that matters little to me.  I'm interested in 1. damaging Trump to the point where he can't run and 2. Scaring the crap out of everyone else who might consider such a ham handed coup.  
    They can probably charge him. 

However the bar on this has to be so high, they have to get a conviction so I think they shouldn’t charge anything at this point.

Witness tampering could get him(or should) 
    ironic because it’s the coverup, not the crime 

subpoenas are easy to get. Search warrants aren’t. Those require probable cause a crime has been committed. They got one for Eastman. That’s probably the bigger story 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    edited June 2022
    I think there is plenty of evidence for conspiracy. Pretty fucking serious charges that Cipollone was warning everyone about.

I would be satisfied to let tRump off if he agrees to never run or campaign for himself or anyone else again.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    I just wonder what level of damage it will take for him to go away and all of the cult to wake up or go back under their rocks.  Nazis only had 30 something percent support when they took power.  We have the two party system to keep that from happening, but I am not even sure a 50% threshhold is enough of a safeguard, though I tend to be overly pessimistic when it comes to these things. 

So far I haven't seen this sway the needle with the true believers, and the reality is that Rs need the cult to win elections. If that means maintaining fealty no matter how low Trump takes them, they will do what it takes to appease his supporters if it means getting power and winning elections.  
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    I just wonder what level of damage it will take for him to go away and all of the cult to wake up or go back under their rocks.  Nazis only had 30 something percent support when they took power.  We have the two party system to keep that from happening, but I am not even sure a 50% threshhold is enough of a safeguard, though I tend to be overly pessimistic when it comes to these things. 

So far I haven't seen this sway the needle with the true believers, and the reality is that Rs need the cult to win elections. If that means maintaining fealty no matter how low Trump takes them, they will do what it takes to appease his supporters if it means getting power and winning elections.  
    tRump will still have his 30%....those people are beyond reach

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    Cassidy Hutchinson is the most likely person to end up in prison when this is all over.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    OnWis97 said:
    Cassidy Hutchinson is the most likely person to end up in prison when this is all over.
    for what?

Trump will be charged but will never get convicted and go to prison.  if charged his lawyers will just drag it out until he dies. he is getting old and is not in shape.  how many years does he have left?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    OnWis97 said:
    for what?

Trump will be charged but will never get convicted and go to prison.  if charged his lawyers will just drag it out until he dies. he is getting old and is not in shape.  how many years does he have left?
    Perjury. 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    pjhawks said:
    OnWis97 said:
    for what?

onwis thinks Trump will be back in power in 24 and will have all of his enemies arrested and jailed indefinitely while he throws out election laws and becomes king of america. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:
    OnWis97 said:
    for what?

Perjury. 
    haha you are funny.  hope and wishing is not a plan
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    OnWis97 said:
    for what?

onwis thinks Trump will be back in power in 24 and will have all of his enemies arrested and jailed indefinitely while he throws out election laws and becomes king of america. 
    I appreciate your attempt at exaggeration but this is not exaggeration at all. This is what I believe. 

Well, except it will be 2025. And it may or may not be Trump...could be DeSantis.
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:
    OnWis97 said:
    for what?

I appreciate your attempt at exaggeration but this is not exaggeration at all. This is what I believe. 

Well, except it will be 2025. And it may or may not be Trump...could be DeSantis.
    haha I know it's what you believe. i wasn't exaggerating at all. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:
    OnWis97 said:
    for what?

Perjury. 
    How did she perjure herself? 

I understand some people have refuted her claim about the limo incident, but she didn't claim to be in the limo, she was relaying what she was told about what happened in the limo. I guess if it could be proven she made that story up, but outside of that... I don't see how she perjured herself. 
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:
    OnWis97 said:
    for what?

Perjury. 

I understand some people have refuted her claim about the limo incident, but she didn't claim to be in the limo, she was relaying what she was told about what happened in the limo. I guess if it could be proven she made that story up, but outside of that... I don't see how she perjured herself. 
    I don't think she perjured herself at all. That doesn't mean they won't go after her.

And maybe they won't. I called her "the most likely" to go to prison, which is a pretty low bar given the likely outcome to the actual perpetrators.
  • Options
    “Do you believe in the peaceful transfer of power in the United States of America?”

”Fifth.”

And we’re talking about the “coffee girl?”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    “Do you believe in the peaceful transfer of power in the United States of America?”

”Fifth.”

Bro, she wasn't invited to Marilala.

It makes perfect sense that she would testify and lie under oath. 

Trump barely knew her, also, he only heard bad things about her. 
  • Options

”Fifth.”

Bro, she wasn't invited to Marilala.

It makes perfect sense that she would testify and lie under oath. 

Trump barely knew her, also, he only heard bad things about her. 
    Now you get it
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Covfefe girl.

I don't understand pleading the 5th on opinion questions. Can't a coward like this just say "yeah, I believe in a peaceful transition of power?" Or is he afraid that will piss off MAGA?
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:
    OnWis97 said:
    for what?

Perjury. 

I don't think she perjured herself at all. That doesn't mean they won't go after her.

And maybe they won't. I called her "the most likely" to go to prison, which is a pretty low bar given the likely outcome to the actual perpetrators.
    Eastman and Jeffrey Clark are most likely.  When Federal Agents get warrants for your shit you are fucked. They don't get warrants without knowing you are guilty. Eastman and/or Clarkwill be singing like birds or end up in prison.  
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    pjhawks said:
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:
    OnWis97 said:
    for what?

Perjury. 

Eastman is most likely.  When Federal Agents get warrants for your shit you are fucked. They don't get warrants without knowing you are guilty. Eastman is either going to sing like a bird or end up in prison.  

Yeah, some of the responses to Hutchinson's testimony are hard to understand. Her testimony wasn't made in a vacuum, there are all these other moving parts / pieces to the puzzle, including, but not limited to the developments w/ Eastman & Clark.  

How anyone can believe trump over her (outside of being in his cult), or think she's the most likely to go to prison when all is said & done are things I can't understand. 
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    Covfefe girl.

I don't understand pleading the 5th on opinion questions. Can't a coward like this just say "yeah, I believe in a peaceful transition of power?" Or is he afraid that will piss off MAGA?
    There’s probably documentary evidence where he expressed the opposite. Like, “we have to overthrow the Brandon administration or keep him from power to MAGA, by any means necessary, including spilling blood.”

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/29/secret-service-agent-testify-trump-wheel-jan-6?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR37I5U6YQo39w5yzg9E09_k5IDHS8X6YYQo62zjuKD7OhFvvEXo-o8fwGQ#Echobox=1656513788

Senior Secret Service agents are reportedly prepared to testify that Donald Trump did not lunge for the wheel of his vehicle or physically attack the chief of his security detail after his speech near the White House on January 6 – as a former aide said he did in sworn testimony on Tuesday.

• Options
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/29/secret-service-agent-testify-trump-wheel-jan-6?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR37I5U6YQo39w5yzg9E09_k5IDHS8X6YYQo62zjuKD7OhFvvEXo-o8fwGQ#Echobox=1656513788

Senior Secret Service agents are reportedly prepared to testify that Donald Trump did not lunge for the wheel of his vehicle or physically attack the chief of his security detail after his speech near the White House on January 6 – as a former aide said he did in sworn testimony on Tuesday.

She is in the clear.  She was telling a story she heard. She never said she saw it 
  • Options

• Options
    OnWis97 said:
    Covfefe girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41TxafOn814
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com