2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 10,498
    wsimon74 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    Bunting10 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    kristie73 said:
    Sorry I missed the discussion...where did the rumor for the ballparks come from?  Is it just a guess or hopeful group that PJ is adding ballparks to the tour?
    someone from a facebook group claimed a credible source had named four or five locations with dates. I booked a Chicago hotel,refundable of course, just in case.
    Do you have a link from the Facebook post?  I'm interested since I have decided to try for the Camden show because I had my doubts about a Boston show this year.  
    8/12, 14 Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    8/17 Camden Yards, Baltimore, MD 
    8/20 Fenway Park, Boston, MA
    (maybe) 8/24 Washington-Grizzly Stadium, Missoula, MT
    8/26, 28 Lumen Field, Seattle, WA
    Why wouldn't they play climate pledge in Seattle? 

It's too small.  Getting tickets to arena shows in seattle is insanely hard.  They handily sold out two stadium shows in 2018.  

That being said, i would of been ok if they'd announce any new shows along with the reschedule shows.  It would of modified my plans.  Like why fly to Oakland when I can drive to Seattle kind of thing.

If these dates all fall between the other days, why not announce them so people can make a better educated decision?
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,201
    chiefnjk said:
    Getting pretty late to be announcing ballpark concerts. Guessing Chicago gets Lolla at end of July and then the band takes off the month of August. Could see some arenas getting added in October.
    I'm starting to believe that's a good possibility too. Cubs are out of town though, so Ed wouldn't be able to make his traditional 7th inning stretch appearance. Maybe he can be tempted to the dark(south) side. >:)
    Zod said:
    wsimon74 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    Bunting10 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    kristie73 said:
    Sorry I missed the discussion...where did the rumor for the ballparks come from?  Is it just a guess or hopeful group that PJ is adding ballparks to the tour?
    someone from a facebook group claimed a credible source had named four or five locations with dates. I booked a Chicago hotel,refundable of course, just in case.
    Do you have a link from the Facebook post?  I'm interested since I have decided to try for the Camden show because I had my doubts about a Boston show this year.  

It's too small.  Getting tickets to arena shows in seattle is insanely hard.  They handily sold out two stadium shows in 2018.
    Not as hard as getting tickets to a non-existant show. ;)
  • wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 503
    edited March 2022
    Zod said:
    wsimon74 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    Bunting10 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    kristie73 said:

That being said, i would of been ok if they'd announce any new shows along with the reschedule shows.  It would of modified my plans.  Like why fly to Oakland when I can drive to Seattle kind of thing.

If these dates all fall between the other days, why not announce them so people can make a better educated decision?

Point well taken. 

As far as Seattle, struggling with that myself. Toying with putting in for Vegas, but hesitating based upon the Seattle rumor. That being said, if it is indeed at Lumen Field, seeing them in an arena show vs. a stadium is a no brainer for me. Particularly given the show they put on at the MGM for their 10th anniversary show. 
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    mattcoz said:
    chiefnjk said:
    Getting pretty late to be announcing ballpark concerts. Guessing Chicago gets Lolla at end of July and then the band takes off the month of August. Could see some arenas getting added in October.
    I'm starting to believe that's a good possibility too. Cubs are out of town though, so Ed wouldn't be able to make his traditional 7th inning stretch appearance. Maybe he can be tempted to the dark(south) side. >:)
    The fact that he said "see you in the summer" at the Auditorium show makes me think that they will in fact end up playing Wrigley August 12th and 14th.

If they have between May 20 and Mid June off, and July 26 through August 10th or so, that would work for breaks. Some of the band would also have somewhat of a break the week playing in Seattle since that's home for many of them.

I could see that being a feasible option for them.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,696
    So many people are entering for shows they already have tickets
    I miss igotid88
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,077
    igotid88 said:
    Can you do that? I didn't read the fine print. 
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,130
    The fine print says your submission will be disqualified if you submit to shows you already have tickets too
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,077
    I kinda figured they would plan for that. Careful out there, ticket hogs.
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,127
    I’m gonna ask here, I’m sorry if it’s been asked before but figure this is the spot that gets the most views

my friends nashville tickets aren’t in his TM app. I think I figured out he never claimed them back in late January 2020. Just viewed them to see where seats were. He has a screen shot of one of the seat assignments. He no longer has the email to claim, just the one saying he scored tickets. He’s been emailing with tickets today and they told him they will be in his account 2 weeks prior to show.  That doesn’t sound right to me. Anyone else in similar boat? Any advice on where to send him to get this straightened out? Thanks! 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
    pjl44 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Can you do that? I didn't read the fine print. 
    You can't 
    I miss igotid88
    Doug87 said:
    mattcoz said:
    chiefnjk said:
    The fact that he said "see you in the summer" at the Auditorium show makes me think that they will in fact end up playing Wrigley August 12th and 14th.

If they have between May 20 and Mid June off, and July 26 through August 10th or so, that would work for breaks. Some of the band would also have somewhat of a break the week playing in Seattle since that's home for many of them.

I could see that being a feasible option for them.
    Eh, I think they're well aware of how their fans travel and that was just a general statement. Last day of summer is Sept 21, so seeing us in St Louis would still count, heh.
    Btw, got an email today that the Lolla lineup is being announced next Tuesday at 10am, so we'll find out soon enough.
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,433
    DEGBTI said:
    Bunting10 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    kristie73 said:
    This is the real deal (at least as far as rumours go)? Ooh. That’d be nice indeed.
    What does everyone think the demand for Sacramento and Fresno will be? 
    rummy said:
    DEGBTI said:
    Bunting10 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    kristie73 said:
    This is the real deal (at least as far as rumours go)? Ooh. That’d be nice indeed.
    "someone from a facebook group claimed a credible source"
    Ha, yeah, not putting too much faith in that.

• NEweatherNEweather Posts: 517
    riley540 said:
     may be high demand SAC, and FRESNO-w/SAC in the lead, between those two. Just guessing, tho
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    riley540 said:
    considering demand for Oakland was high, I would say Sac will be as well. In Dec saw Foo's at Golden one and it was sold out, while the next show was in Fresno and it was 60% sold .. with GA available day of and up to show time.. 

GA was also available day of for Sac but that could have been hold backs that were let back day off show. 

So High for Sac,.. perhaps not so much for Fresno.. I could be wrong, the Fresno arena is much smaller too, like SD small 
    riley540 said:
    considering demand for Oakland was high, I would say Sac will be as well. In Dec saw Foo's at Golden one and it was sold out, while the next show was in Fresno and it was 60% sold .. with GA available day of and up to show time.. 

GA was also available day of for Sac but that could have been hold backs that were let back day off show. 

So High for Sac,.. perhaps not so much for Fresno.. I could be wrong, the Fresno arena is much smaller too, like SD small 
    The only show I’m going for is Fresno GA. Don’t want to try reserved since my 10C number plops me at the back of the floor usually. My wife isn’t tall enough to enjoy that. Lol 
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,544
    edited March 2022
    I think a lot of what made Oakland high demand was that it was the end of the tour and both dates were on the weekend. I would presume a lot of that has lessened now.
    I can't remember. Were the seats at the back of the stage seats available for this tour in 2020
    I miss igotid88
    edited March 2022
    So people are saying if you only have 1 ticket you can request for another for the same show. I don't know if that's true though. 
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,601
    edited March 2022
    Does anyone know if it's cheap to park anywhere near MSG these days?  If I win/get tickets to the show, I'd most likely be taking the train in from CT, but I am not looking forward to the train ride back since it's 90 minutes, usually cuckoos are somewhere on the train and I don't know when the last train leaves MSG for CT.  I don't mind taking the train in, but I'm thinking about driving to Stamford or a little bit closer to MSG and then park and then drive home from there after the show.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,410
    igotid88 said:
    I can't remember. Were the seats at the back of the stage seats available for this tour in 2020
    Yes but not during 10C lotto
  • blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 230
    mattcoz said:
    rummy said:
    DEGBTI said:
    Bunting10 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    kristie73 said:
    "someone from a facebook group claimed a credible source"
    Ha, yeah, not putting too much faith in that.

remember when people had the Canadian dates lined up? they were off slightly.. It's hard to say with the ballpark shows.
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,392
    Does anyone know if it's cheap to park anywhere near MSG these days?  If I win/get tickets to the show, I'd most likely be taking the train in from CT, but I am not looking forward to the train ride back since it's 90 minutes, usually cuckoos are somewhere on the train and I don't know when the last train leaves MSG for CT.  I don't mind taking the train in, but I'm thinking about driving to Stamford or a little bit closer to MSG and then park and then drive home from there after the show.
    Use SpotHero app a couple days before and don’t put that you are going to the show.  
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • JP218404 said:
    Use SpotHero app a couple days before and don’t put that you are going to the show.  
    Thanks for the response.  I'm a NOOB, so without Googling, what is SpotHero?
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,392
    edited March 2022
    JP218404 said:
    Thanks for the response.  I'm a NOOB, so without Googling, what is SpotHero?
    Ha! Parking app that finds all the cost of lots in the area and you can pay thru it as well  
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    I think a lot of what made Oakland high demand was that it was the end of the tour and both dates were on the weekend. I would presume a lot of that has lessened now.
    weekend back to backs are fun.. mid week prob not.. I would guess Thus in OAK will be much less demand now, with Friday being high- I have both OAK and before the SAT tickets were the ones I wanted the most, but got GA in the lottery for Sunday and recall thinking I wanted GA more for SAT.  I did get them via F2F but now not sure I can even make a Thursday show. 

Now put in for SD and Sac to go with Friday OAK. 
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 456
    edited March 2022
    I wouldn't call it "cheap" (it is reasonable by NY standards...) but this is my favorite parking place for MSG:

https://goo.gl/maps/VP3DrCwU1LUAdGw59

But when I used that I was coming from NJ and it was super easy on / off to the Lincoln tunnel.
  • patkelly12patkelly12 Posts: 361

I live in Stamford. You need to catch the express from GCT which is usually around 11:30ish and its a bearable 50 minutes. Miss that and its 90 minutes of torture. Stamford train station is right next to I95.