2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    Clapper said:

The band doesn't make a dime without their fans.  
    I trust you'll be voting with your wallet over this "injustice", then? 
    Do you know what a monopoly is?  You make the assumption that posting a complaint on a message board  means we are are thinking about PJ all of the time and losing our minds.  Turns out we are just reasonable people with reasonable expectations who are fine sharing those expectations on a PJ message board in the tour thread.

You are the delusional one thinking we should all be thrilled and gracious that the band is waiting to the last minute.
  • iamloco724iamloco724 Posts: 1,441
    I was patient until they gave us the May and early 2022 information.. I have so much going on in May at this point and tickets for 5 shows.. It would be great to know as soon as possible what conflicts if any I have and to be able to start planning around them and possibly choose new shows to attend. I have no problem with them holding money for this long because I don't want to lose my tickets but at the same time I see 0 reason for there to be any sort of hold up at this point with announcing dates. 
  • cardosocardoso Posts: 1,502

First: Porto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 ........... Next:  Indianapolis, USA 27.08.2024
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,941
    Clapper said:

Do you know what a monopoly is?  You make the assumption that posting a complaint on a message board  means we are are thinking about PJ all of the time and losing our minds.  Turns out we are just reasonable people with reasonable expectations who are fine sharing those expectations on a PJ message board in the tour thread.

You are the delusional one thinking we should all be thrilled and gracious that the band is waiting to the last minute.

No one's saying we should be "thrilled and gracious" about this, just that going to the opposite extreme and calling this "pathetic" or "an FU to the fans" is a little ridiculous when we're not willing to do something about it. Kvetching here will not change anything, because it won't have an effect where it actually matters - the business's bottom line.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • DE4173DE4173 Posts: 554
    PJPAT said:
    Tomorrow 3/9/22 will be 2 years since the postponement.  It would be a nice time to give us a leg 1 announcement.  Holding onto 3 shows and cant wait to start planning the trips for this tour.  The waiting is driving me mad!  Thanks to The Earthlings for the mini tour to hold me over.
    Look on the bright side, at least your three shows weren't cancelled for arena renovations. 

1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • ClapperClapper Posts: 208
    edited March 2022
    Clapper said:

Wait, you think Pearl Jam has monopoly on music and touring?  14k posts indicates you spend a little bit of time thinking about Pearl Jam and losing your mind.  It appears it will be the same or close to a 2 month window, the same as the previous sale/show window.  There is nothing last minute about it. Again, you choose to plan your life around traveling to see a band.  You choose to not opt for refunds.  You've had choices all the way along here. Your tears are tears of entitlement. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,483
    mpedone said:
    Clapper said:

No one's saying we should be "thrilled and gracious" about this, just that going to the opposite extreme and calling this "pathetic" or "an FU to the fans" is a little ridiculous when we're not willing to do something about it. Kvetching here will not change anything, because it won't have an effect where it actually matters - the business's bottom line.
    as bootlegger said, with pj having a monopoly on pj's music/shows, there isn't much of a choice here, especially since not going to the show will affect literally nothing unless everyone did it en masse, which literally has zero chance of happening. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Manu117Manu117 Posts: 109
    Clapper said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Clapper said:
    ComeToTX said:

You’re missing the point. They’re unnecessarily screwing those of us that chose TWO YEARS AGO to buy a ticket. We all realize we’re not friends with the band. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be respected as loyal customers. 
    I understand the point.  Nobody is getting screwed.  You chose to buy tickets. You also chose to hold on to those tickets even through refund opportunities have been offered based on the assurance that those shows will be made up. Unless those shows no longer happen and the band keeps you money, the transaction is intact. 
    So how long can they wait before it’s unreasonable? A week before shows?

Most of us would be fine with this if we had gotten an update in the last month or two.  
    The previous update said that shows would be made up in May and that there would be an update "early in the year" .  When ticket transactions happened for the original tour it was mid January for shows starting in mid March.  The difference will likely be marginally different when its all settled. Pandemic fatigue is real but our fanbase here on the forum's outrage is ridiculous. There have been multiple refund windows and nobody forces any of us to plan our lives around tour dates. If I was the band, I'd scrap 10 club all together. I'd make tickets actual market value to offset the lost revenue and let people cry into their pillows at night about how unfair it is that they can't get tickets for shows. 
    Refunds aren't the issue. I think most people that are waiting for the rescheduled dates don't want refunds, they want to go to the show. And therefore, they want to know when the show will be.

PJ offering refunds does not absolve them of their responsibility to reschedule these shows. Had they canceled the tour entirely and were now teasing a new one, I would agree with you. But that's not what happened. 
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    I just flat out don't understand coming into this thread to argue with people venting their frustration.

Don't agree with it? Don't want to read it? Click the big x in the top right of your tab. I mean what did you expect to find in this thread? People are frustrated and venting in one of the few forums available to them. 
  • mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 961
    I just hope they don't change the Toronto venue to the Rogers Centre (Skydome).  Seems bigger bands are playing there lately.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302

mpedone said:
    Clapper said:

as bootlegger said, with pj having a monopoly on pj's music/shows, there isn't much of a choice here, especially since not going to the show will affect literally nothing unless everyone did it en masse, which literally has zero chance of happening. 

Which is why they can announce whenever they feel like it. We can bitch and moan all we want about how they're disrespecting their fans, but when they take the stage, and an arena full of fans goes crazy cheering for them, will the message get through? To them, their method works. Want to show them it doesn't? Convince enough fellow fans and vote with your wallets. They have all the power here, and we've given it to them.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    So arguments aside...does this really feel like an announcement week? Yesterday did, Dimi seemed to think it was going to happen, but nothing did. Today there is no buzz. Super weird. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    All the buzz yesterday was made up here though. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    JimmyV said:
    So arguments aside...does this really feel like an announcement week? Yesterday did, Dimi seemed to think it was going to happen, but nothing did. Today there is no buzz. Super weird. 

Nope. Not really. I don't know if the PJ social media feeds are usually active before an announcement, but I feel like they'd be posting something. Dead quiet right now.

• fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 756
    JBob87 said:
    I just flat out don't understand coming into this thread to argue with people venting their frustration.

Don't agree with it? Don't want to read it? Click the big x in the top right of your tab. I mean what did you expect to find in this thread? People are frustrated and venting in one of the few forums available to them. 
    I’d expect discussion of rumored tour dates in a thread about tour rumors not a bunch of adults whining that March doesn’t fit their personal definition of “early 2022”
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23, 9/7/24, 9/9/24, 9/12/24, 9/15/24, 9/17/24
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    ComeToTX said:
    All the buzz yesterday was made up here though. 
    This is kinda true. Here and Facebook. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,483
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    Clapper said:

Which is why they can announce whenever they feel like it. We can bitch and moan all we want about how they're disrespecting their fans, but when they take the stage, and an arena full of fans goes crazy cheering for them, will the message get through? To them, their method works. Want to show them it doesn't? Convince enough fellow fans and vote with your wallets. They have all the power here, and we've given it to them.
    "hey man, we should boycott our favourite band's show, pass it on"
    "um....ok man.....just curious....where are your seats....asking for a friend...."

things don't improve a business's processes without people voicing their opinions, positive or negative. do I think the band listens to the message board? 98% of the time, no, but this forum is here to voice your pleasure/displeasure with the band. I see nothing wrong with letting people vent if they wish. when I come across a thread where I think the venting is ridiculous, I just move on, I don't argue with the people venting. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Manu117 said:

Refunds aren't the issue. I think most people that are waiting for the rescheduled dates don't want refunds, they want to go to the show. And therefore, they want to know when the show will be.

PJ offering refunds does not absolve them of their responsibility to reschedule these shows. Had they canceled the tour entirely and were now teasing a new one, I would agree with you. But that's not what happened. 
    What's the actual concern here?  They said, we'll reschedule. They are.  They said we'll announce in the early part of the year for May.  That's still expected.  The announcement/ shows window is looking like it will be roughly the same.  Refunds have been offered to anyone who wanted them.  Have I missed something?
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    Clapper said:
    Clapper said:

Wait, you think Pearl Jam has monopoly on music and touring?  14k posts indicates you spend a little bit of time thinking about Pearl Jam and losing your mind.  It appears it will be the same or close to a 2 month window, the same as the previous sale/show window.  There is nothing last minute about it. Again, you choose to plan your life around traveling to see a band.  You choose to not opt for refunds.  You've had choices all the way along here. Your tears are tears of entitlement. 
    Haha. Okay dude.  I have said multiple times on here that PJ’s lead time for Us tour announcements without festivals is pathetic.  The last one was pathetic too.  

I hope that it is okay that I feel this way.  

• Manu117Manu117 Posts: 109
    JBob87 said:

Sadly every band seems to have apologists that take it personally whenever someone says anything slightly critical of the band. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,799
    I'm not seeing much in terms of concert announcement hype in general on twitter or the internet today
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore

Haha. Okay dude.  I have said multiple times on here that PJ’s lead time for Us tour announcements without festivals is pathetic.  The last one was pathetic too.  

I hope that it is okay that I feel this way.  

Feel however you want.  Just don't be confused that you have been screwed, even a little,  by anyone involved. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2014 - Detroit
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,617
    I'm not seeing much in terms of concert announcement hype in general on twitter or the internet today
    The calm before the storm. Today must be the day!
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,203
    2 hours before the announcement? 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • release00release00 Posts: 347
    Manu117 said:
    JBob87 said:

Sadly every band seems to have apologists that take it personally whenever someone says anything slightly critical of the band. 
    Sadly, I remember being like this…in my late teens. 
    "So much it dont show"
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424

• I'm not seeing much in terms of concert announcement hype in general on twitter or the internet today
    sea hear now lineup at 12pm est. Hopefully the last hurdle left for announcements before PJ can go live with rescheduled dates today or tomorrow. 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,316
    ComeToTX said:
    Clapper said:
    ComeToTX said:

You’re missing the point. They’re unnecessarily screwing those of us that chose TWO YEARS AGO to buy a ticket. We all realize we’re not friends with the band. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be respected as loyal customers. 
    I understand the point.  Nobody is getting screwed.  You chose to buy tickets. You also chose to hold on to those tickets even through refund opportunities have been offered based on the assurance that those shows will be made up. Unless those shows no longer happen and the band keeps you money, the transaction is intact. 
    So how long can they wait before it’s unreasonable? A week before shows?

Most of us would be fine with this if we had gotten an update in the last month or two.  
    They told us dates were coming for May. Should they have to say it again because some of
    you are impatient? March is still the first quarter of 2022, aka “early 2022.” An announcement this week or next still puts them on schedule for the same lead time they gave us in 2020. 
    Impatient to expect 60 days notice for concert tix you bought 2 years ago? Really? Is that where we are?

We heard concerts in May. We have no idea which cities, what order, what day of the week…. It is well past time to share this info. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • kgeng45kgeng45 Posts: 4
    Hey, i just clicked on the INFO button next to the MSG date on tours page and it brought me to a TM page that said there was an interruption. Prior to today it was the standard "event has been postponed" page