2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Habit4meHabit4me Posts: 155
    Clapper said:
    Habit4me said:
    Quite pathetic what they are doing to their fans right now. You KNOW they have at least 95% of shows officially booked - and that's probably been the case for weeks/months. 

Just fucking announce the shows already. People work. Traveling is expensive these days. It's only going to get worse.

These posts are hilarious. Nobody forces us to travel to see shows, nobody forces us to re-arrange adult responsibilities to see a concert and  nobody forced anyone to hold on to tickets that could've been refunded.  Its a band. A band we love,  but just a band.  Our true relationship with them is transactional.  They do the shows they want and we go to them or we don't.  They aren't our friends. They aren't our employees. Our music/ticket/merch purchases don't make us shareholders in their operation. Any suggestions to the contrary is simple delusion.  

LOL. 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    Clapper said:
    Habit4me said:
    Quite pathetic what they are doing to their fans right now. You KNOW they have at least 95% of shows officially booked - and that's probably been the case for weeks/months. 

Just fucking announce the shows already. People work. Traveling is expensive these days. It's only going to get worse.

These posts are hilarious. Nobody forces us to travel to see shows, nobody forces us to re-arrange adult responsibilities to see a concert and  nobody forced anyone to hold on to tickets that could've been refunded.  Its a band. A band we love,  but just a band.  Our true relationship with them is transactional.  They do the shows they want and we go to them or we don't.  They aren't our friends. They aren't our employees. Our music/ticket/merch purchases don't make us shareholders in their operation. Any suggestions to the contrary is simple delusion.  

You’re missing the point. They’re unnecessarily screwing those of us that chose TWO YEARS AGO to buy a ticket. We all realize we’re not friends with the band. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be respected as loyal customers. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,799
    edited March 2022
    Clapper said:
    Habit4me said:

If you break it down, you are completely right.  However, there is also a certain trust and loyalty when it comes to business.  

At all of our practice management seminars/talks etc.... one of the major points they make is "the absolute best group of clients that you can market to and will see the most return from, are the clients that you already have"

Pearl Jam seems to be taking an opposite approach as of late
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Manu117Manu117 Posts: 109
    Clapper said:
    Habit4me said:

Generally, I would agree with you, but in this case they've had their "fans" money for 2 years and can barely be bothered to provide updates, so the frustration is understandable.
    ComeToTX said:
    Clapper said:
    Habit4me said:

You’re missing the point. They’re unnecessarily screwing those of us that chose TWO YEARS AGO to buy a ticket. We all realize we’re not friends with the band. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be respected as loyal customers. 
    Quit being delusional, my friend. 😉
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 823
    It seems odd to assume there is going to be an Ohana Encore weekend with Pearl Jam playing given they are already going to have to play 3 arena shows in the area and people were giving tickets away last year. Why even assume the whole band is playing at all at Ohana?
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,941
    Clapper said:
    Habit4me said:

If you break it down, you are completely right.  However, there is also a certain trust and loyalty when it comes to business.  

At all of our practice management seminars/talks etc.... one of the major points they make is "the absolute best group of clients that you can market to and will see the most return from, are the clients that you already have"

Pearl Jam seems to be taking an opposite approach as of late

And yet, no one is even threatening to cancel their membership or dump our tickets or not go to shows. There's some rumblings about not buying merch, but then the next "Psst" will come out and whatever subtly-different edition of whatever is being sold will be gone in 30 minutes.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • ClapperClapper Posts: 208

The band doesn't make a dime without their fans.  
    I trust you'll be voting with your wallet over this "injustice", then? 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 756
    ComeToTX said:

LOL no one is screwing you. Refunds have been offered. The option is take your money or wait and see. 
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23, 9/7/24, 9/9/24, 9/12/24, 9/15/24, 9/17/24
  • I honestly always look forward to these threads leading up to tour announcements.  It's amazing the amount of anticipation we can generate for a band 15 years past their prime.  Yet here I am once again waiting and refreshing lol.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
    ComeToTX said:

I understand the point.  Nobody is getting screwed.  You chose to buy tickets. You also chose to hold on to those tickets even through refund opportunities have been offered based on the assurance that those shows will be made up. Unless those shows no longer happen and the band keeps you money, the transaction is intact. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    edited March 2022
    Clapper said:
    ComeToTX said:

I understand the point.  Nobody is getting screwed.  You chose to buy tickets. You also chose to hold on to those tickets even through refund opportunities have been offered based on the assurance that those shows will be made up. Unless those shows no longer happen and the band keeps you money, the transaction is intact. 
    So how long can they wait before it’s unreasonable? A week before shows?

Most of us would be fine with this if we had gotten an update in the last month or two.  
    Post edited by ComeToTX on
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,014
    It was two months and 5 days (give or take) from the announcement in January of 2020 until the shows started in March. I think it's fair to assume/hope that they'll give us that much of heads up this time around. 
    Habit4me said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Clapper said:
    Habit4me said:

Quit being delusional, my friend. 😉
    Again, who forced you do do any of these things? You're an adult, no? 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2014 - Detroit
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    Feels like no buzz today. It’s also International Womens Day, so don’t think they’d do it today. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,203
    T-Minus 3 hours until announcement? 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    ComeToTX said:
    Clapper said:
    ComeToTX said:

Most of us would be fine with this if we had gotten an update in the last month or two.  

I doubt they'd wait that long. I think that much of a delay would vastly increase the number of refund requests, which is overhead I doubt they want, and the tickets would be tough to resell. We'll get an announcement before St Patrick's day, giving people about two months to decide what to do, and time for the refunded tickets to be resold.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

• fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 756
    ComeToTX said:
    Clapper said:
    ComeToTX said:

They told us dates were coming for May. Should they have to say it again because some of
    you are impatient? March is still the first quarter of 2022, aka “early 2022.” An announcement this week or next still puts them on schedule for the same lead time they gave us in 2020. 
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23, 9/7/24, 9/9/24, 9/12/24, 9/15/24, 9/17/24
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    We've entered the "strange hill to die on" phase of the discussion. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,080

Clapper said:
    Habit4me said:

To me, the main complaint is that we have held tickets for 2 years to shows we anticipated traveling to originally, and as more plans and events have been announced, these dates remain outstanding. So in January of 2020, we could plan what we shows worked for us to attend and bought tickets accordingly. We held out hope for two years that we could still go once the dates were announced. Now, we are in the time period where we must plan other events, knowing that these dates will be announced sometime soon, and most likely will forfeit these tickets that we originally thought we could use because of the delays in making the announcement. I have a much busier May 2022 than I had in 2020. I have tickets to two shows I can only fly to. I doubt I will make either if they are in May. But I'd rather know now, than to keep waiting. 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    Just because its Q1 doesn’t make it early. My boss would probably be pretty annoyed if I promised something early 2022 and I still hadn’t passed it off to him by now. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    ComeToTX said:
    Clapper said:
    ComeToTX said:

The previous update said that shows would be made up in May and that there would be an update "early in the year" .  When ticket transactions happened for the original tour it was mid January for shows starting in mid March.  The difference will likely be marginally different when its all settled. Pandemic fatigue is real but our fanbase here on the forum's outrage is ridiculous. There have been multiple refund windows and nobody forces any of us to plan our lives around tour dates. If I was the band, I'd scrap 10 club all together. I'd make tickets actual market value to offset the lost revenue and let people cry into their pillows at night about how unfair it is that they can't get tickets for shows. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2014 - Detroit
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    Clapper said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Clapper said:
    ComeToTX said:

The previous update said that shows would be made up in May and that there would be an update "early in the year" .  When ticket transactions happened for the original tour it was mid January for shows starting in mid March.  The difference will likely be marginally different when its all settled. Pandemic fatigue is real but our fanbase here on the forum's outrage is ridiculous. There have been multiple refund windows and nobody forces any of us to plan our lives around tour dates. If I was the band, I'd scrap 10 club all together. I'd make tickets actual market value to offset the lost revenue and let people cry into their pillows at night about how unfair it is that they can't get tickets for shows. 

hihobibo said:

Clapper said:
    Habit4me said:

To me, the main complaint is that we have held tickets for 2 years to shows we anticipated traveling to originally, and as more plans and events have been announced, these dates remain outstanding. So in January of 2020, we could plan what we shows worked for us to attend and bought tickets accordingly. We held out hope for two years that we could still go once the dates were announced. Now, we are in the time period where we must plan other events, knowing that these dates will be announced sometime soon, and most likely will forfeit these tickets that we originally thought we could use because of the delays in making the announcement. I have a much busier May 2022 than I had in 2020. I have tickets to two shows I can only fly to. I doubt I will make either if they are in May. But I'd rather know now, than to keep waiting. 

We had 2 months to plan in 2020, in a world that was far more open than today. Does anyone with inside info actually know when the 1st rescheduled date is supposed to be? As far as we know, we're still in that same 2-month window.

I have a buddy who's a developer for Groupon.

Word on the inside is that they anticipate a partnership with PJ and Groupon should the band delay things any longer.

BOGO tickets coming soon!!!

/s
  • PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    Tomorrow 3/9/22 will be 2 years since the postponement.  It would be a nice time to give us a leg 1 announcement.  Holding onto 3 shows and cant wait to start planning the trips for this tour.  The waiting is driving me mad!  Thanks to The Earthlings for the mini tour to hold me over.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    good chat here..have a nice day 
    No more nice days here
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    Not just two years. Two years during which just about every other band out there was able to figure things out and makeup their dates. Pearl Jam's lengthy delay is an outlier. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834
    PJPAT said:
    Tomorrow 3/9/22 will be 2 years since the postponement.  It would be a nice time to give us a leg 1 announcement.  Holding onto 3 shows and cant wait to start planning the trips for this tour.  The waiting is driving me mad!  Thanks to The Earthlings for the mini tour to hold me over.
    Look on the bright side, at least your three shows weren't cancelled for arena renovations. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,080
    mpedone said:

We had 2 months to plan in 2020, in a world that was far more open than today. Does anyone with inside info actually know when the 1st rescheduled date is supposed to be? As far as we know, we're still in that same 2-month window.
    It is hard to compare the 2 months. Choosing from 10-15 dates in January 2020 for March 2020 dates is one thing. We could pick weekends or whatever made sense for our open schedules. The month of March gives you spring break, etc, but nothing else really is going on to create conflicts. 

May is closer to summer, and end of school events, etc. Plus, now we aren't choosing dates that work best for us, we are hoping that the tickets we have work for our open dates. So an original Saturday show may now be a Thursday. Much harder to figure out plans during the week.