2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• It is my understanding that Ohana has a strict strict curfew. Even if they wanted to break the curfew they aren’t allowed to even if they paid 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    It is my understanding that Ohana has a strict strict curfew. Even if they wanted to break the curfew they aren’t allowed to even if they paid 
    Yes there is. The curfew even changed from one weekend to the next. Everyone was aware of the curfew and if the band wanted to play a longer set they would have just came out earlier as I mentioned. I am not saying shorter sets will be the norm going forward just that things do seem to be trending that way. Hope I am wrong but they are all getting older in age so I would not be totally surprised if it happens. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    It is my understanding that Ohana has a strict strict curfew. Even if they wanted to break the curfew they aren’t allowed to even if they paid 
    The web page for Doheny State park lists after 10 pm as quiet hours and I imagine the residents that live around there are probably not real open to loud music late into the night. I would have loved for them to keep playing, but angry State officials and residents is a good recipe for cancelling future events.  
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    I’ve started to book weekends with other plans/concerts for Feb, March and April.  It’s frustrating but it is what it is.  I’ve officially lost the desire to HAVE to attend every show.  I’ll make a few of them that I can and that’ll be that.  

How many more times do I need to hear all of Gigaton and Ten live again anyway?

The delay isn’t related to Covid at this point, it can’t be.  They’re waiting for the right time to make some fancy social media post to try and appeal to sell tickets.  With how weak the ticket sales were for Ohana and SHN, I don’t anticipate a problem for anyone getting tickets  besides MSG, Baltimore and Toronto.  

They have cared so much more about catering towards casual fans instead of 10c members over the last few years that they have already lost a significant amount of internal interest in my opinion. A lot of the crazies, including myself, have stepped back.
    Hard disagree. 

Eddie himself acknowledged at SHN how they (along with me and most of the people I know) believed six months ago that we’d be largely in the clear by now. Back in the spring, when other bands were announcing indoor fall tours, there were plenty of people around here clamoring for PJ to do the same. In retrospect it seems clear (to me at least, I know some people probably disagree) that holding off was the right move. 

You could look at a COVID case chart right now, point to the line plunging downward on the far right side, and say “see, the Delta wave is ending, time to get back to normal!” Or you could look at the whole chart and conclude that there’s simply no way to predict what the situation will be a few months or even weeks from now. 

When they reschedule those spring 2020 dates, the announcement will be on relatively short notice. That’s going to be inconvenient for some people, including people who are planning on traveling or need to take off work. And that sucks, but it’s just too difficult to make plans too far in the future right now. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Ryan said:
    If the plan is still Mar/Apr 2022 for postponed shows, I think we could be waiting until January for an announcement.  The 2020 wasn’t announced until January 13 or something like that.
    It’s evident PJ doesn’t want to be in a position to have to reschedule multiple times depending on how things go with the pandemic.  Maybe they want to see how this fall concert season goes with shows happening in arenas, and how the first couple months of the NHL and NBA go.

It’s a pain having to wait to plan travel but I understand why they’re playing it ultra-safe.  Refunds are available for those who don’t want to hang onto tickets.
    I realize the past is not necessarily an indicator of the future as it relates to Covid, but I think we have a large enough sample size of events being held at indoor arenas without incident (NBA, NHL, concerts) at this point. 

• jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    It's not covid related delay. It's just timing the announcement.  All major sports are pumping right along and so are other concerts. The band has seen the after effects of the festivals now. Which turned out to be nothing of consequence. 

Selfishly, it would be nice to know this month. I have to decide what to do with 80 hours of PTO by november 1. It's frustrating seeing new events rolling out and this being suppressed.  
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited October 2021
    You would think it would be race for bands to announce and sell 2022 shows ASAP.  Of course, the caveat being that PJ has shows to play that have already been sold (other than refunded tickets).  With the few bands remaining in the 90s rock genre announcing and selling massive tours (Tool, RHCP, RATM), I would hope we get some news soon.  As we can see in this thread, fans are already allocating their time and funds elsewhere.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 624
    As far as set times, they hadn't played shows in 3 yrs.  Probably wanted to "ease" back in with a 2 hr show rather than 3 hr shows.  Hard to go from the couch to a 3 hr show, esp. in your 50s.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    My guess is that we will be seeing shorter shows if they do a full proper tour.  Somewhere around 2.5 hrs.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Little off topic, but every single event I have attended or wanted to attend since May has had ticket prices completely drop a week or less before the event date. I’m going to the Rangers/Caps game tonight. Caps home opener. Figured home opener demand would be crazy and paid $100 for a seat. Now a seat in my row is $50 through Ticketmaster’s verified resale. 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • And a note on shorter shows. I’m not worried, those were festivals. I don’t think we get 3 hours a night anymore but 2.5 should be the norm. Bruce was putting on 3.5-4 hour shows a couple years ago at his age.
    However, I am worried about the diversity of setlists, and if that becomes a thing I may get rid of some shows out of the 15 I have between USA and Europe. I just can’t get into Small Town, Betterman, Corduroy, or Alive anymore. That said, I could get down with Even Flow any night and Daughter with a good tag. I know Ed can’t sing certain songs anymore but let’s get some other shit going. 2009/2010 was my favorite tour because you had no idea what was coming on any given night, and Ed could still scream or hit a high note at any time.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
    And a note on shorter shows. I’m not worried, those were festivals. I don’t think we get 3 hours a night anymore but 2.5 should be the norm. Bruce was putting on 3.5-4 hour shows a couple years ago at his age.
    However, I am worried about the diversity of setlists, and if that becomes a thing I may get rid of some shows out of the 15 I have between USA and Europe. I just can’t get into Small Town, Betterman, Corduroy, or Alive anymore. That said, I could get down with Even Flow any night and Daughter with a good tag. I know Ed can’t sing certain songs anymore but let’s get some other shit going. 2009/2010 was my favorite tour because you had no idea what was coming on any given night, and Ed could still scream or hit a high note at any time.
    I’d be way happier with shorter, more diverse setlists. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    I definitely know that I'm just a guy online who has no control over the situation and that whatever I say on here will have zero impact on what the band actually does.  I was just expressing the way I feel regarding what I feel is an excessive delay at this point, and it seems I am not alone.  And yes, I have started to allocate some weekends and funds elsewhere in terms of events and concerts, which is completely fine.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    I think we’re gonna see a lot of empty seats in some of these arenas. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    If the new dates are set and locked down then they should be announced. Full stop. Let people make their decisions and their plans, and if things need to get reshuffled down the road then so be it. We are not in the near future going to eliminate that risk. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    ComeToTX said:
    Honestly? I'd be good with a few empty seats. But that's me.
    Btw, next year would be a great year for them to come to Texas. And help register voters to defeat those morons Abbott & Cruz ;-)
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• SpartanacusSpartanacus San Diego Posts: 794
    I also expected at least an update (even if no hard dates were announced) soon after Ohana ended.  Let's go PJ.  People have had big money tied up for going on two years now.  What's the dillio?  :)

Also of note, I just saw that the date to request refunds is 4/1/22.  I wonder if that is for the European tour or both?
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Go Animal said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Honestly? I'd be good with a few empty seats. But that's me.
    Btw, next year would be a great year for them to come to Texas. And help register voters to defeat those morons Abbott & Cruz ;-)
    I’d be all for that!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    **** 10/13/22  AUSTIN, TX SETLIST THREAD ****
    21. WHO YOU ARE w/Matthew McConaughey on Bongos
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    If the NA dates are already rescheduled, just announce them. People understand the situation/dates could change later on due to COVID. But there's simply no reason to hold off on announcement now. 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    My late winter/Spring calendar is starting to fill up as well.  Really need these dates to be announced soon. Would hate to have to dump these tickets that I've had for 2 years.  I know the band works at their own pace and that's fine.  However, we are under a different set of circumstances and it would be nice to have a bit more communication especially when so many other events have started back up. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    frick, Crown Lands just cancelled the western canadian leg of their tour because of covid cases in AB/SK; venue here holds vaxxed only 300 people max. 

don't expect PJ to announce any time soon. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

It's been said before, but there is a LOT of flight credit that is due to expire in the not too distant future for many of us.  If we know it can be used to get to these rescheduled shows, great.  If not, it needs to get used elsewhere.  Advanced notification would be nice for that reason alone.
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    bbiggs said:
    It's been said before, but there is a LOT of flight credit that is due to expire in the not too distant future for many of us.  If we know it can be used to get to these rescheduled shows, great.  If not, it needs to get used elsewhere.  Advanced notification would be nice for that reason alone.
    +1 on that. 
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    Like others have said, the price of a ticket on the secondary market (at least for lots of events) seems way down. It could turn out that people still holding tickets from the original dates paid a premium for them. Throw those folks a bone and announce the dates so people can make plans. Think of the fan that can't go to the rescheduled date because of a last-minute announcement--they basically gave PJ an interest free loan (during a pandemic) for nothing. For these reasons, I think (or at least hope) an announcement has to be coming shortly. 
    It is easy to say that Pearl Jam does things their way and they always have in regards to tour announcements.  That's fair.  Pearl Jam fans have also never been asked to sit on tickets (paid for) for 2+ years while having flight credit in limbo, cash tied up and vacation planning on hold.  We've adapted, given the circumstances, and are happy to do so.  Pearl Jam adapting a bit in this case would be appreciated.  Let's get more advanced notice on the rescheduled dates please.  My final $.02.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    bbiggs said:
    It is easy to say that Pearl Jam does things their way and they always have in regards to tour announcements.  That's fair.  Pearl Jam fans have also never been asked to sit on tickets (paid for) for 2+ years while having flight credit in limbo, cash tied up and vacation planning on hold.  We've adapted, given the circumstances, and are happy to do so.  Pearl Jam adapting a bit in this case would be appreciated.  Let's get more advanced notice on the rescheduled dates please.  My final $.02.
    yeah, as a family that doesn't travel much due to financial constraints, the Ottawa show was going to be epic. And now it's in limbo. Sure, I"ll go to Seattle to see Jerry Cantrell instead, which will be cooler than cool, but PJ is my first choice by far. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

bbiggs said:
    Everything you said is true and I agree with it.

But what if there will be additional dates added to what is already on hold as many are speculating?  I’m guessing that the band is thinking that holding off on the announcement of the tour would prevent people from laying out more cash for another tour that might not happen if things take a turn for the worse. 

on2legs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Everything you said is true and I agree with it.

But what if there will be additional dates added to what is already on hold as many are speculating?  I’m guessing that the band is thinking that holding off on the announcement of the tour would prevent people from laying out more cash for another tour that might not happen if things take a turn for the worse. 
    Good point and that can throw a curve ball into it.  My assumption was that they'd announce the rescheduled dates and then announce a second leg (previously speculated Fall leg of 2020) at a later point.  You know what they say about assuming though, right?  ;)  Joking aside, they could avoid this potential issue by focusing on the rescheduled shows first without adding any into that leg.  From there, they can announce a second leg with however much lead time they want and no one could complain.

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    It's not covid related delay. It's just timing the announcement.  All major sports are pumping right along and so are other concerts. The band has seen the after effects of the festivals now. Which turned out to be nothing of consequence. 

Selfishly, it would be nice to know this month. I have to decide what to do with 80 hours of PTO by november 1. It's frustrating seeing new events rolling out and this being suppressed.  
    I'm speculating but I disagree and think the wait has everything to do with COVID.  PJ already sold out all these shows- they're not holding back because of sports and other concerts.  
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2