Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    So by chance i got a booster  an hour ago. 
     Had x2 AZ now my booster is pfizer. 
    Cant say im not scared but i just did it. 

good for you. in pushing through fear and being positioned to get it done.
    az give you any trouble?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Yeah i was  flattened after 1st one. But 2nd just headache. 
    Its the 2 weeks until any benefit with kids st school and this country no masks.  Also im scared of what happens in the future but i thought. My dad has cancer and if he can look that in the face then i must grow up
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,029
    mickeyrat said:
     Biden administration will invest billions to expand coronavirus vaccine manufacturing

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2021/11/17/biden-covid-vaccine-manufacturing/

Is there a shortage of vaccines? I thought we couldn’t get people to take the ones we already have?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
     Biden administration will invest billions to expand coronavirus vaccine manufacturing

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2021/11/17/biden-covid-vaccine-manufacturing/

Is there a shortage of vaccines? I thought we couldn’t get people to take the ones we already have?
    the way this is going, we're going to be needing boosters for some time. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,412
    Its the 2 weeks until any benefit with kids st school and this country no masks.  Also im scared of what happens in the future but i thought. My dad has cancer and if he can look that in the face then i must grow up
    Sorry about your father. You know, I believe you’re much stronger than you give yourself credit for.  You grew up harshly the minute you lost a child.  I wish you weren’t so hard on yourself.  Many don’t carry on after what you’ve faced yet you have.  That takes a very strong person.  Perhaps you’re more like your father than you realize. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

read the article.

this effort is to get vax into poorer countries more quickly than not.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    First jab for the kiddos today.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,528
    Got the Moderna booster 1.5 hours ago. My arm is already getting a little sore. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    Got my Dolly Parton booster yesterday about 20 hours ago.
    Just muscle aches in both legs with the occasional body chills. Still came into work but will be going home soon.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Just muscle aches in both legs with the occasional body chills. Still came into work but will be going home soon.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbxUSsFXYo4&ab_channel=DollyPartonVEVO

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    CM189191 said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbxUSsFXYo4&ab_channel=DollyPartonVEVO

Well played 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    edited November 2021
    dankind said:
    Hope they have mild or better yet no side effects.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,911
    It's been 2 weeks since my Pfizer booster.  Had the same sore arm for about a day and a half and the only extra side effect that was not there for the original doses was a sore lymph node in my armpit for about a day past when the sore arm stopped.  Was mild and none of the side effects stopped me from doing anything.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • Options
      Prominent scientist who said lab-leak theory of covid-19 origin should be probed now believes evidence points to Wuhan market

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/11/18/coronavirus-origins-wuhan-market-animals-science-journal/

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,070
    edited November 2021
    Sorry about your father. You know, I believe you’re much stronger than you give yourself credit for.  You grew up harshly the minute you lost a child.  I wish you weren’t so hard on yourself.  Many don’t carry on after what you’ve faced yet you have.  That takes a very strong person.  Perhaps you’re more like your father than you realize. 
    You are a kind soul.  Thank you.  Just a mild sore arm so far. And extreme anxiety but that's  me. Still think i will die most days. I can't  keep this going so i may not be one  of the ones that  carry on. Its taken my life away bit by bit and only yesterday i was told its common of parents that lose a child and have the other in intensive  care to never recover. Everything became a threat.  Now pandemic  and dad.  Dark days.
    I wasn't going to take a booster because im scared. 
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    It's  probably  for  a different  thread apologies. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,690
    dankind said:
    I've been wondering how that's been going. Not much news coming down the pipe.

Disneycruise sent me yet another policy update based on CDC guidelines that will require 5 and up vaccinated in the New Year. Less pre-testing then too, which makes the land before sea adventure more hassle-free. 
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,690
    It's  probably  for  a different  thread apologies. 
    No apologies needed. Great self-reflection and insight, Robbie.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,321
    Man when will this end my oldest attended a small gathering in Brooklyn last weekend and someone infected the whole party! He’s feeling effects of bad cold tested negative on Rapid test and is waiting for the results of PCR test, he is fully vaccinated except for the booster shot and just got the regular flu shot on Monday, what a mess..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Jose this is what is happening here with kids going to school.  Its broken me.  I really hope  you all get through this fast and safe. Love to your family 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Jose this is what is happening here with kids going to school.  Its broken me.  I really hope  you all get through this fast and safe. Love to your family 
    Thanks same too you guys across the pond! It just seems like everyone is getting the virus even if vaccinated most of his friends at this party are vaccinated all it took was one person to infect everyone there! Time to close ranks again 
  • Options
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,528
    My reaction to yesterday's booster was different than the other two shots earlier this year. The first shot was a mild headache and a sore arm. The second one was a sore arm, and I felt "off" for a few hours the next day. Last night I felt like crap. Headache, body aches and really bad chills. This morning the chills and body aches are gone, just a low fever and a headache. Still beats the heck out of getting COVID without the protection of the vaccine though.
  • Options
    I got my Moderna booster yesterday. Felt a little rundown last night, just a sore arm today. My wife got the Pfizer booster a couple of weeks ago had 2 days of fever and chills (still happy to have the booster on board). She's had a reaction to each dose but that was the worst for her. My youngest kiddo got her 1st shot a week ago, went to soccer practice, came home and drove me nuts.  No side effects.   
  • Options
    edited November 2021
         Coronavirus pandemic Coronavirus vaccine Centers for Disease Control and Prevention US expands COVID boosters to all adults, final hurdle ahead   By LAURAN NEERGAARD and MATTHEW PERRONE 43 mins ago  WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. regulators on Friday opened up COVID-19 booster shots to all adults, expanding the government’s campaign to shore up protection and get ahead of rising coronavirus cases that may worsen with the holidays. Pfizer and Moderna announced the Food and Drug Administration’s decision after at least 10 states already had started offering boosters to all adults. The latest action simplifies what until now has been a confusing list of who’s eligible by allowing anyone 18 or older to choose either company’s booster six months after their last dose — regardless of which vaccine they had first. But there’s one more step: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention must agree to expand Pfizer and Moderna boosters to even healthy young adults. Its scientific advisers were set to debate later Friday. If the CDC agrees, tens of millions more Americans could have three doses of protection ahead of the new year. Anyone who got the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine can already get a booster. All three COVID-19 vaccines used in the U.S. still offer strong protection against severe illness including hospitalization and death, but protection against infection can wane with time. Previously, the government had cleared boosters of Pfizer and BioNTech’s vaccine, as well as the similar Moderna vaccine, only for vulnerable groups including older Americans and people with chronic health problems. The move to expand comes as new COVID-19 cases have climbed steadily over the last two weeks, especially in states where colder weather is driving people indoors. Sparked by those worrying trends, some states didn’t wait for federal officials to act. Utah and Massachusetts were the latest states to announce in the past week that they’re opening boosters to all adults. Boosters for everyone was the Biden administration’s original goal. But in September, a panel of FDA advisers voted overwhelmingly against that idea based on the vaccines’ continued effectiveness in most age groups. Instead they endorsed an extra Pfizer dose only for the most vulnerable. Since then, administration officials, including Dr. Anthony Fauci, have continued making the case for using boosters more widely, noting that even milder infections in younger people can cause “long COVID” and other complications. “I don’t know of any other vaccine where we only worry about keeping people out of the hospital,” said Fauci at a briefing Wednesday. Last week, Pfizer and its German partner BioNTech filed new data to make the case that broader boosters could help tamp down infections at a critical period. “We have absolutely no chance in the current situation to control the pandemic without providing boosters to everyone,” BioNTech CEO Ugur Sahin told reporters during a visit to Washington last week. The companies studied 10,000 adults of all ages and found that a booster restored protection against symptomatic infections to about 95% even while the extra-contagious delta variant was surging. It’s too soon to know if that high level of protection will last longer after a third shot than after the second, something Sahin said the companies will carefully track. Backing up that evidence, Britain released real-world data this week showing the same jump in protection once it began offering boosters to middle-aged and older adults. Israel has credited widespread boosters for helping to beat back another wave of the virus in that country. More than 195 million Americans are fully vaccinated, defined as having received two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine. More than 30 million already have received a booster. Before the expansion, people who received the Pfizer or Moderna vaccinations were eligible for a third dose if they’re elderly or at high risk of COVID-19 because of health problems or their jobs or living conditions. Because a single J&J shot hasn’t proven as effective as its two-dose competitors, any J&J recipient can get a booster at least two months later. But people who don’t meet the criteria often score an extra shot because many vaccine sites don’t check qualifications. The FDA previously ruled that people getting a booster can receive a different brand from the vaccine they received initially. Some experts worry that all the attention to boosters may harm efforts to reach the 60 million Americans who are eligible for vaccinations but haven’t gotten the shots. There’s also growing concern that rich countries are offering widespread boosters when poor countries haven’t been able to vaccinate more than a small fraction of their populations. “In terms of the No. 1 priority for reducing transmission in this country and throughout the world, this remains getting people their first vaccine series,” said Dr. David Dowdy of Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. ___ The Associated Press Health and Science Department receives support from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute’s Department of Science Education. The AP is solely responsible for all content.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,842
    edited November 2021
    Health Canada approved the Pfizer vaccine today for kids ages 5-11. Moderna's application was submitted recently so will be a little behind.

The recommendation is that the two doses are spaced at least 8 weeks apart, due to evidence of more robust immune response with the longer interval. There is also evidence to suggest that kids have a lower rate of side effects. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pfizer-vaccine-children-delivery-1.6255108
    Post edited by oftenreading on
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    My son tested positive today after being infected last Saturday at small gathering of 8 friend's! I car pooled with him Tuesday Thursday & Friday, he has both shots not the booster I have all three headed to get tested later this afternoon..
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,997
    My son tested positive today after being infected last Saturday at small gathering of 8 friend's! I car pooled with him Tuesday Thursday & Friday, he has both shots not the booster I have all three headed to get tested later this afternoon..
    Sorry to hear that. I hope his symptoms are mild, and that you stay negative.

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Sorry to hear that. I hope his symptoms are mild, and that you stay negative.

Thanks that incubation period can really be deceiving! He got tested Tuesday morning did both rapid & pcr test rapid came back negative the other result just got to him today but he started feeling symptoms Thursday night and this morning he felt sick slight fever loss of sense of smell went got tested this morning he came back positive! 
  • Options
    The pcr test that was done on Tuesday came back negative..
This discussion has been closed.