Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,033
    So - I have covid. 

Vax'd and boosted (Pfizer).  Was/is like a head cold for me with coughing.  Getting better everyday, except today, head/stomach ache worse today then yesterday.  Pretty sure I'll be feeling pretty good in a day or 2, wonder how long the fatigue will last.  

I'd like to thank Pfizer for helping make this fairly minor and for taking away a lot of the worry.
    sorry to hear that dude. be well....
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OnWis97 said:
    What a mess. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/omicron-makes-bidens-vaccine-mandates-obsolete-covid-healthcare-osha-evidence-supreme-court-11641760009?mod=mhp

"One preprint study found that after 30 days the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines no longer had any statistically significant positive effect against Omicron infection, and after 90 days, their effect went negative—i.e., vaccinated people were more susceptible to Omicron infection."
    I can't see beyond the paywall, but is this what it's about? did it all start with this guy in France?

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid-19-pseudoscience/are-triple-vaccinated-people-more-likely-be-infected-omicron-variant-unvaccinated

You may not have heard of Blachier, but in France TV viewers are as familiar with his face as we are here with Dr. Fauci’s. And he caused the COVID pot to boil over a couple of days ago when he supposedly claimed that data from Denmark show that people who are triple vaccinated are more likely to be infected with the Omicron variant than the unvaccinated. Let’s take a look.....

As far as his remarks about the Danish data go, he is said to have implied that triple-vaccinated people are more likely to be infected with Omicron than the unvaccinated. He has clarified his remarks and says what he meant is that if you are triple vaccinated and still get infected, then there is a greater chance that the infection will be due to Omicron than Delta. If you are unvaccinated, then the Delta variant is more likely to be the cause of an infection. He correctly states that this does not mean you are more likely to be infected if you are triple vaccinated.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
    So - I have covid. 

Vax'd and boosted (Pfizer).  Was/is like a head cold for me with coughing.  Getting better everyday, except today, head/stomach ache worse today then yesterday.  Pretty sure I'll be feeling pretty good in a day or 2, wonder how long the fatigue will last.  

I'd like to thank Pfizer for helping make this fairly minor and for taking away a lot of the worry.
    Hope you feel better soon!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,771
    So - I have covid. 

Hope you get through it quickly.  Head cold, sensitivity to light, headache behind the eyes, extreme fatigue, shits...that's what I've heard from friends with this strain. But that was all from people without the booster, with the vax.  I don't know anyone boosted that had it yet.  
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,152
    mrussel1 said:
    So - I have covid. 

Hope you get through it quickly.  Head cold, sensitivity to light, headache behind the eyes, extreme fatigue, shits...that's what I've heard from friends with this strain. But that was all from people without the booster, with the vax.  I don't know anyone boosted that had it yet.  
    For me 

sinus pressure and headache (behind eyes)
    congestion
    Coughing that has eased
    stomach discomfort off and on
    fatigue

all in all glad I had all the Pfizer I could and glad I got omnicron. 

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    OnWis97 said:
    What a mess. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/omicron-makes-bidens-vaccine-mandates-obsolete-covid-healthcare-osha-evidence-supreme-court-11641760009?mod=mhp

"One preprint study found that after 30 days the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines no longer had any statistically significant positive effect against Omicron infection, and after 90 days, their effect went negative—i.e., vaccinated people were more susceptible to Omicron infection."
    I can't see beyond the paywall, but is this what it's about? did it all start with this guy in France?

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid-19-pseudoscience/are-triple-vaccinated-people-more-likely-be-infected-omicron-variant-unvaccinated

You may not have heard of Blachier, but in France TV viewers are as familiar with his face as we are here with Dr. Fauci’s. And he caused the COVID pot to boil over a couple of days ago when he supposedly claimed that data from Denmark show that people who are triple vaccinated are more likely to be infected with the Omicron variant than the unvaccinated. Let’s take a look.....

As far as his remarks about the Danish data go, he is said to have implied that triple-vaccinated people are more likely to be infected with Omicron than the unvaccinated. He has clarified his remarks and says what he meant is that if you are triple vaccinated and still get infected, then there is a greater chance that the infection will be due to Omicron than Delta. If you are unvaccinated, then the Delta variant is more likely to be the cause of an infection. He correctly states that this does not mean you are more likely to be infected if you are triple vaccinated.

Here is a good article from AP that explains in detail, that this observation is likely due to a bias in the data and that it is unlikely that having the vaccine actually makes you have a higher chance of contracting omicron. Additionally the study is a pre print that hasn't been peer-reviewed. Conservative news media will be the death of the united states.  

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-997075961043
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    What a mess. 

Here is a good article from AP that explains in detail, that this observation is likely due to a bias in the data and that it is unlikely that having the vaccine actually makes you have a higher chance of contracting omicron. Additionally the study is a pre print that hasn't been peer-reviewed. Conservative news media will be the death of the united states.  

i hilariously got mocked recently for questioning the validity of a pre print study. 

thanks, static. appreciate it.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    What a mess. 

i hilariously got mocked recently for questioning the validity of a pre print study. 

No problem  I had a mild panic attack after I heard of the study and then saw it linked here.  So naturally I had to find out if I did indeed have negative protection...which it turns out is unlikely.  
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,261
    the whole idea of negative protection just blows my mind.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    What a mess. 

No problem  I had a mild panic attack after I heard of the study and then saw it linked here.  So naturally I had to find out if I did indeed have negative protection...which it turns out is unlikely.  
    As a person with a couple of co-morb's and pretty nasty anxiety tendencies, so did I. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,289

Home COVID tests to be covered by insurers starting Saturday By ZEKE MILLER 25 mins ago WASHINGTON (AP) — Starting Saturday, private health insurers will be required to cover up to eight home COVID-19 tests per month for people on their plans. The Biden administration announced the change Monday as it looks to lower costs and make testing for the virus more convenient amid rising frustrations.  Under the new policy, first detailed to the AP, Americans will be able to either purchase home testing kits for free under their insurance or submit receipts for the tests for reimbursement, up to the monthly per-person limit. A family of four, for instance, could be reimbursed for up to 32 tests per month. PCR tests and rapid tests ordered or administered by a health provider will continue to be fully covered by insurance with no limit.  President Joe Biden faced criticism over the holiday season for a shortage of at-home rapid tests as Americans traveled to see family amid the surge in cases from the more transmissible omicron variant. Now the administration is working to make COVID-19 home tests more accessible, both by increasing supply and bringing down costs.

Later this month, the federal government will launch a website to begin making 500 million at-home COVID-19 tests available via mail. The administration also is scaling up emergency rapid-testing sites in areas experiencing the greatest surges in cases.  The insurer-covered testing would dramatically reduce costs for many Americans, and the administration hopes that by easing a barrier to more regular at-home testing, it can help slow the spread of the virus, get kids back into school more quickly and help people gather safely.  “This is all part of our overall strategy to ramp up access to easy-to-use, at-home tests at no cost,” Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra said in a statement. “By requiring private health plans to cover people’s at-home tests, we are further expanding Americans’ ability to get tests for free when they need them.”

continues...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,916
    mrussel1 said:
    So - I have covid. 

For me 

sinus pressure and headache (behind eyes)
    congestion
    Coughing that has eased
    stomach discomfort off and on
    fatigue

all in all glad I had all the Pfizer I could and glad I got omnicron. 

Whoa, dude!  Sorry to hear you got it but glad it's not a severe case.  Get well soon!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,026
    edited January 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_6aQSCB0FE&t=12s

Good video imo on staff shortages and counting covid patients. 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

U.S. CDC tells Americans to avoid travel to Canada

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/u-s-cdc-tells-americans-to-avoid-travel-to-canada-1.5734376

Lmao considering the us damn set an hospilization record this week...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Our prime minister was on tv saying 90% of icu covid omicron was unvaxxed people
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Johnson is just another divisive politician like them all trying to divide us...

Does your vaxx work?  I'm not going to worry about the unvaxxed anymore.  The amount of folks getting vaxxed will drop year over year, especially if you gotta get vaxxed monthly to keep the profits rolling in for big pharma...have to learn to live it or stay at home.
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Dr.  Isaac Bogoch an infectious disease specialist just said on cp24 “that before that start handing out 4th doses to adults and children that their needs to be serious study.”  

I’m not just getting a 4th dose because big pharma and their political side kicks say so…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/thereds8/status/1480717089119903750?s=21

Lol. This obese fuck has no business advising people on medical decisions he's is not even disciplined enough to eat a salad. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Where are our Canadian friends?  Isn't this like 2 years on lockdown now?  Tennis player DJokvic got his visa approved to get in finally.
  • Options
    Where are our Canadian friends?  Isn't this like 2 years on lockdown now?  Tennis player DJokvic got his visa approved to get in finally.
    2 years and this won't be the last lockdown...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

And that asshole tennis player should be banned from Australia...but he's a rich asshole...only the minions need to follow rules...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,771

And that asshole tennis player should be banned from Australia...but he's a rich asshole...only the minions need to follow rules...
    Yeah, the rules are stupid!  

Yeah, that guy is rich so he's an asshole too!  

You crack me up. 
  • Options
    Sorry that was meant to say Australian friends...

They have been on a 2 year lockdown too.
  • Options
    My unvaccinated friend from work is on a ventilator in an induced coma.  I talked to his son yesterday.  The doctors of course said he wouldn't be where he is if he was vaccinated.  The whole family is covid vax hesitant and it doesn't sound like dad being in the hospital is changing things.  I hope he pulls through and changes his mind and hopefully some family and friends.   It's sad that it is such an avoidable tragedy.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,152
    static111 said:
    My unvaccinated friend from work is on a ventilator in an induced coma.  I talked to his son yesterday.  The doctors of course said he wouldn't be where he is if he was vaccinated.  The whole family is covid vax hesitant and it doesn't sound like dad being in the hospital is changing things.  I hope he pulls through and changes his mind and hopefully some family and friends.   It's sad that it is such an avoidable tragedy.
    That is awful. Sorry for your friend, you and his family 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    static111 said:
    This is awful. We are all humans  struggling.  So sorry to hear this.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/thereds8/status/1480717089119903750?s=21

Lol. This obese fuck has no business advising people on medical decisions he's is not even disciplined enough to eat a salad. 
    he's not infecting people with his fatness. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,627
    static111 said:
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    Sorry that was meant to say Australian friends...

They have been on a 2 year lockdown too.

In BC it's been a long time since we've been on anything I'd call a lockdown. Kids are in school, restaurants are open, businesses are open. Bars and clubs are not, and gyms are not. Indoor events at venues are at 50% capacity. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    Best of luck to you, cincy, and to your friend, static.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
This discussion has been closed.