When I finish with my shopping cart/basket, I.....

2»

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited June 2021
    Put back in a designated spot
    First job was at a grocery store bagging, stocking and cart corralling. Any time I return my cart after unloading groceries, I gladly collect any stray carts in my path and push them to the designated area. I also often fix the fucking mess of carts in the corral because it drives me crazy that somebody got it all the way to the spot and then half-ass shoved it in off center, sideways or completely out of it so they stick out beyond the space they are intended to be in. I'm sure we've all gotten to the store and seen that overloaded return area with the kittywampus carts sticking out all jagged and fucked up with a few strays next to it.

Edit: While I'm on it, I also can't stand it when a store doesn't let me bag my groceries. Most people have no fucking clue how to bag. They either think I'm a fragile 90 year old nursing home resident and put 5 items in my reinforced canvas bag or toss frozens and fridge items in a variety of bags instead of together. Not to mention that during the height of the pandemic last year when I couldn't use my cloth bags and had to endure idiots trying to double paper bag every damn thing and still only fill it half-full. Fill it up people! The earth is fucked enough already.
    Post edited by tbergs on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    I have just spent time walking around the store who knows how many steps. The few steps to get the cart back where it belongs doesn’t strike me as any real hardship. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    I worked in retail and it's a pain in the ass when you had to retrieve the shopping carts all over the parking lot. Especially during the Christmas season.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I worked in retail and it's a pain in the ass when you had to retrieve the shopping carts all over the parking lot. Especially during the Christmas season.
    Pushing a string of carts in the snow sucks. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    deadendp said:
    I believe he may just be referring to the increase in shopping carts left all over during the Christmas season, not because of snow conditions, correct???  Signifying that during the holidays, even more people suck.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    deadendp said:
    I believe he may just be referring to the increase in shopping carts left all over during the Christmas season, not because of snow conditions, correct???  Signifying that during the holidays, even more people suck.
    He lives in PA. Snow had to be included! 😁
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    He lives in PA. Snow had to be included! 😁

I was mainly thinking of increase cause of the Christmas season. Although the snow conditions did kinda suck as well.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Other
    Americans.  
    Lol!
  • Other
    I choose other as I usually put the trolley (carridge, lol!) back in the designated area at the front of the store. I occasionally take the trolley back to designated spots scattered around the car park. 

The odd few times I might leave the trolley near the car parking space but not obstructing a car parking space.

Sometimes after I have emptied the shopping into the car someone might ask if they can take the trolley which is an added bonus!

Places like Aldi you have to take the trolley back if you want your pound coin back.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Trolley 🚎 is pretty funny as well.
    Some odd names we come up with for a cart on wheels.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I was just recounting to my wife about how when I was a kid, my friends and I used to use shopping carts to ford the creek behind the shopping center so that we wouldn’t have to go the long way. Thing is even after we had built a passable path, we still threw carts down in that creek nearly every time we met at that particular shopping center. I want to say cheap thrills, but we must’ve cost that particular Kash n’ Karry and KMart a small fortune in shopping carts. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    edited September 2021
    how bored are you????

edit: shopping is women’s work, anyway, so I can’t really answer. when I grab beer, I don’t put it back.
    Post edited by Wobbie on
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Wobbie said:
    how bored are you????

edit: shopping is women’s work, anyway, so I can’t really answer. when I grab beer, I don’t put it back.
    :rofl:
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:
    Wobbie said:
    how bored are you????

OK, boomers.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:
    Wobbie said:
    how bored are you????

OK, boomers.
    *noogies*