Options

2021 Tour Rumors - Let’s Go!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,572
    good.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 478

wonder if Ohana will ultimately follow suit? 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,916
    wsimon74 said:

My bet is it will. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,160
    wsimon74 said:

It was the same thing at Lollapalooza. Most likely the same at every festival.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,390
    edited August 2021
    Surprising they announce it after sales though. I am sure its asking for refunds from some people. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,201
    Surprising they announce it after sales though. I am sure its asking for refunds from some people. 
    Sales started in March 2020 for this one.  I find it interesting that the notice provides just enough lead time for someone to get a 2 dose series of Moderna and be 2 weeks post-second dose by the festival date, Moderna being the US authorized vax that has the longest interval.  Could be coincidence, but may not be.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,768
    Lolla reported 90% entered with vaccination cards, 6% with negative test result, and 4% turned away at the gates on the first day with the requirement. Didn't seem to affect as many people being turned away after that.

SHN/Ohana have enough time to communicate safety mandates and offer strategies for those not able to attend. Seems like they have most bases covered - ticket exchange available to sell your Ohana Fest and Encore tickets (check your order pages), a waitlist option for those willing to buy whatever tickets may go unused/refunded. And if things are looking real bad, they get rescheduled and offer refunds.
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 614
    tschav said:
    Lolla reported 90% entered with vaccination cards, 6% with negative test result, and 4% turned away at the gates on the first day with the requirement. Didn't seem to affect as many people being turned away after that.

SHN/Ohana have enough time to communicate safety mandates and offer strategies for those not able to attend. Seems like they have most bases covered - ticket exchange available to sell your Ohana Fest and Encore tickets (check your order pages), a waitlist option for those willing to buy whatever tickets may go unused/refunded. And if things are looking real bad, they get rescheduled and offer refunds.
    I’m fully vaccinated and was initially against all these mandates but clearly that ship has sailed. I’m cool with them requiring vaccinations if we can have a normal experience. If a few anti vaxxers or people dragging their feet get the shot because of a potential mandate I think it’s well worth it. Rumors are FDA will approve Pfizer next month. This will assist the push for mandates. Those Lolla numbers are impressive, I feel like the country is turning a corner. I know of several family and friends who have changed their tune in the past few weeks. All this Delta hysteria actually doing some good, If we can get from 70% to 80% by the end of the year, with children eligible by early next year we might make it out of this by next summer. Especially with the unvaccinated getting infected at the clip they currently are. Would love to enjoy some PJ shows next year without the topic of Covid always lingering.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,175
    lastexit78 said: hi
    tschav said:

Would love to enjoy some PJ shows next year without the topic of Covid always lingering.
    Amen to that.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    I’m looking forward to all of the ticket drops once F2F opens again

There has been an influx of people asking where to get refunds in the Facebook group last few days
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,498

There has been an influx of people asking where to get refunds in the Facebook group last few days
    I will be angling for some Nashville tickets. 
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346

I miss the F2F days before all this hit us. Was lucky enough to snag GA for Nashville and got some good Baltimore tickets. Really hope we get to use them next year. 
    NYPJ
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    Hopefully the proof of Vax and/or negative test is pulled into the spring re-do tour so we stay on track for March. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,928
    I miss those F2F days too. Looking forward to them again. Hope to try and upgrade my StL and Nashville tickets. Possibly score some OKC tickets too. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    Fall Out Boy just pulled out of Hella Mega tonight in NYC and tomorrow in Boston because a staff member has covid. I have a friend who is crushed (save the taunting).

A reminder everything can go as planned and then it doesn’t. So perhaps PJ is on the right path with limited shows this year.

I was supposed to see Soul Asylum tomorrow at a local club but they've rescheduled the first 7 shows to next year but the rest of the tour is still on, citing "logistical" reasons.  Don't think it's COVID because the tour is still on.

Also, any updates on PJ's random stop in Hartford?  Are they still friends with the local promoter there?
    When it is rescheduled, make sure to get there on time for Local H. If you don't know them, they will blow your mind.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    FYI:

I happened to have a mutual friend with the guy in charge of promotions for Live Nation in the U.S. and we were at an event today...I slipped in a question about Pearl Jam and was told:

"Stadiums are booked for 2022. The postponed shows are rescheduled."

When I asked are the shows for 2022 or 2021 I was told "2022. Rescheduled plus new stadium shows." 

So I think 2021 is completely out of the question but looks like we will get the rescheduled dates + new stadium shows in 2022.
  • Options
    mshnayder said:
    FYI:

I happened to have a mutual friend with the guy in charge of promotions for Live Nation in the U.S. and we were at an event today...I slipped in a question about Pearl Jam and was told:

"Stadiums are booked for 2022. The postponed shows are rescheduled."

When I asked are the shows for 2022 or 2021 I was told "2022. Rescheduled plus new stadium shows." 

So I think 2021 is completely out of the question but looks like we will get the rescheduled dates + new stadium shows in 2022.
    Let’s goooooo
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527
    I wonder if stadiums means ballparks or graduating to football stadiums. I’d actually rather football stadiums even though it’s the exact opposite of a good ole intimate shed show. Better views and seats. Much more conducive to concerts than posting up a stage in center field. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    and here we go!! Thanks for the news!

• Options
    DM282158 said:
    I wonder if stadiums means ballparks or graduating to football stadiums. I’d actually rather football stadiums even though it’s the exact opposite of a good ole intimate shed show. Better views and seats. Much more conducive to concerts than posting up a stage in center field. 
    totally! football stadiums way better than ball diamonds.  
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    DM282158 said:
    totally! football stadiums way better than ball diamonds.  
    I also wonder which cities too. Atlanta is overdue for a show and we've got 4 different stadiums to choose from. Mercedes Benz stadium, GA State (formerly Turner Field), Bobby Dodd Stadium (Ga Tech) and Truist Park (Braves). Make it happen PJ! 
    Post edited by JojoRice on

• Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527
    Also wonder if they announce everything at once. Or rescheduled shows announced first; then followed up later on with new (stadium?) shows. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Lots of tickets will have to be sold again for the reschedules. I see that happening first with the known fact more is to come with the Euro splitting the legs up. Now if they are not splitting up the legs with spring and fall I think that they would likely be rolled out together.
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    So Jazzfest cancelled, Fall Out Boy drop out of a few shows due to COVID, limp bizkit cancels, and Counting Crows get ONE show before postponing two. 

It seems Pearl Jam made the right call on not doing a full tour. With how things are going the festival dates aren't even a certainty. 
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,231
    uglybabo said:
    So Jazzfest cancelled, Fall Out Boy drop out of a few shows due to COVID, limp bizkit cancels, and Counting Crows get ONE show before postponing two. 

It seems Pearl Jam made the right call on not doing a full tour. With how things are going the festival dates aren't even a certainty. 
    Agree they made a good call!  
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,916
    uglybabo said:

Yep. They were right to postpone in the first place and to not rush back out there. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    There are plenty of bands that have been successful returning to music. Odd we only hear about the postponements on here. How many shows in the last week has Fenway done alone?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    Phish is playing to packed sheds and there s been no issues so far.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    edited August 2021
    Honestly, I'm trying to rush to see a show, before tours start shutting down again. 
    I have a show scheduled for Saturday, the 21st. I'm praying to the concert gods I atleast get to see that one.
    It's the Alanis Morisette/Garbage show. The tour starts this Thursday in Texas. 

Post edited by Melzombie on
  • Options
    Just got home from Staind/Korn show. Packed house of about 15k. Was at Green Day last week with about 40k. Great having shows again!