Options

How long is PJ/Ticketmaster/Whoever going to hold my 2020 concert money?

SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 824
After a year I'm over the virus and I'm over my thousands of dollars being held.  PJ was one of the first to start cancelling and now they should be the first to get concerts going again.  At the very least there needs to be a time limit on holding our funds, and if not, they need to scrap all of the tours and try again when the world is done being wussies.
19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    You will get nothing and like it
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,471
    After a year I'm over the virus and I'm over my thousands of dollars being held.  PJ was one of the first to start cancelling and now they should be the first to get concerts going again.  At the very least there needs to be a time limit on holding our funds, and if not, they need to scrap all of the tours and try again when the world is done being wussies.
    Refunds have been offered.  Contact Ticketmaster and/or Ten Club for more info.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,869
    IBTL

• Options
    CaptainBCaptainB Posts: 57
    its been long enough, i kind of forget how the process itself played out....i think refunds were offered for a window of time in the beginning.  back when no one knew how long this was going to last, and a lot of folks, myself included were probably blissfully ignorant and hoped the spring tour would simply become the fall tour.  here we are a year later, and despite the great progress that has been made, i think full capacity shows like this aren't in the cards for 2021.    maybe there was an announcement of sorts, i honestly can't recall and a quick scan through the posts i couldn't find one either..... maybe a quick reminder of what the process is, or a link to the original notice.  there's a lot of cash out there, and to be held for all likelihood quite a bit longer.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    You will get nothing and like it
    https://youtu.be/gcJjlL3izVc
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,471
    CaptainB said:
    its been long enough, i kind of forget how the process itself played out....i think refunds were offered for a window of time in the beginning.  back when no one knew how long this was going to last, and a lot of folks, myself included were probably blissfully ignorant and hoped the spring tour would simply become the fall tour.  here we are a year later, and despite the great progress that has been made, i think full capacity shows like this aren't in the cards for 2021.    maybe there was an announcement of sorts, i honestly can't recall and a quick scan through the posts i couldn't find one either..... maybe a quick reminder of what the process is, or a link to the original notice.  there's a lot of cash out there, and to be held for all likelihood quite a bit longer.
    I’m guessing there will be an announcement in the next month or two that the indoor shows are postponed or cancelled until 2022.  They will no doubt give you an opportunity to get a refund if you don’t want to wait out the postponement again and obviously there will be a refund if they are just plain cancelled.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    I got my refund last year. Contact Ticketmaster. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,321
    I'm sitting on Oakland tickets that I bought via f2f.  The refund option still appears on all the tickets.

If you want a refund I don't think it's that hard?

The risk of being first to resume, is if anything causes a hiccup in the timeline, you're left needing to postpone again.  I've read that a number of bands have put holds on venues, but are not officially announcing dates in case they have to postpone again.

I'm not too worried about it.  I intend to go if I can make the new dates.  I assume we'll have a refund option when the new dates get announced if we can't (or have the option to use f2f to sell them).
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,748
    Ray J. T. said:
    IBTL

Why? This is one aspect of internet culture I've never understood. Why must you be "in before the lock?" 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,150
    edited March 2021
    Me too OP. Best wishes grabbing that refund. We’ll all see one another again down the line! Hang in there! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,313
    North American shows offered refunds last spring for non-10c.  That window closed.  I believe the 10c refund window is still open.  They may have a new non-10c refund window when new dates are released but they may not.  Presumably the fan to fan will reopen once there are new dates.  I’m generally comfortable with how NA was handled.  

European shows didn’t necessarily offer refunds last year.  10c did, but other ticket sellers were a mixed bag.  That is where I think there is a legitimate complaint, especially if still no refunds are offered upon the inevitable further postponement.

Just my opinion.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    DW139059DW139059 Posts: 353
    Under the Tickets/ My Tickets in your 10c acct, are instructions for getting a refund for the 2020 EURO shows... Deadline for submitting for refund is April 1.  If no one has mentioned... :whistle:
    Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,532
    edited March 2021
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    AnjarAnjar UK Posts: 42
    DW139059 said:
    Under the Tickets/ My Tickets in your 10c acct, are instructions for getting a refund for the 2020 EURO shows... Deadline for submitting for refund is April 1.  If no one has mentioned... :whistle:
    When did they announce this? Don’t know what to do about my tickets/refund. Not convinced the Euro shows will go ahead this year, but we may not know this by April 1. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,852
    Anjar said:
    DW139059 said:
    When did they announce this? Don’t know what to do about my tickets/refund. Not convinced the Euro shows will go ahead this year, but we may not know this by April 1. 
    Last July when the new dates were announced. 
  • Options
    AnjarAnjar UK Posts: 42
    PJNB said:
    Anjar said:
    DW139059 said:
    Last July when the new dates were announced. 
    Really? I must have totally missed that! 🤭
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,487
    The bank of Ticketmaster has the worst interest rates.
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    The bank of Ticketmaster has the worst interest rates.
    The coupon is PIK (Paid In Kick-ass-rock-and-roll). 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    nearly 3 million "wussies" really feel for you. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

One year into this thing, anyone who still thinks of their actions in terms of personal ballsiness/wussiness, and not in terms of their obligations to their friends, family and neighbors, is a lost cause. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,150
    tdawe said:

One year into this thing, anyone who still thinks of their actions in terms of personal ballsiness/wussiness, and not in terms of their obligations to their friends, family and neighbors, is a lost cause. 
    Thanks for saying what I didn’t. COVID loves this kind of attitude. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Posts like this are great.

Makes no sense at all.  
    Such a ridiculous take - one iyf the first to cancel out of caution should be one of the first to have concerts again, when there is still reason to be cautious?  

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,556

Makes no sense at all.  
    Such a ridiculous take - one iyf the first to cancel out of caution should be one of the first to have concerts again, when there is still reason to be cautious?  

The Foo Fighters made a snap decision and changed their May 2020 dates to October 2020...look how well that turned out. I initially applauded their reaction, but clearly the first out --> first back in  is not the best approach.

Patience, young one. It will be worth the wait if you're still willing and able to attend.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Gibson said:

Makes no sense at all.  

The Foo Fighters made a snap decision and changed their May 2020 dates to October 2020...look how well that turned out. I initially applauded their reaction, but clearly the first out --> first back in  is not the best approach.

Patience, young one. It will be worth the wait if you're still willing and able to attend.

Agree - it is just crazy to try to reason that one of the first groups to cancel would be one of the first to reschedule. 

Also, calling everyone wussies is just dumb.  So incredibly dumb.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    I got the vaccine a week ago Sunday....by May/June millions will have been vaccinated.

It's time to get back to normal.  I have great tix for both Oakland shows and if they cancel I will light myself on fire.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    I got the vaccine a week ago Sunday....by May/June millions will have been vaccinated.

It's time to get back to normal.  I have great tix for both Oakland shows and if they cancel I will light myself on fire.
    At this point I think it’s pretty safe to say they’re not cancelling any of those spring 2020 shows. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    Tuesday
  • Options
    pthomnpthomn Posts: 114
    I bet this guy goes to his first show, drinks way too much beer, throws up on himself and misses the entire concert. 

lets go wussies!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,022
    Not sure how long but I don't mind the wait.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,860
    demetrios said:
    Not sure how long but I don't mind the wait.
    +1. Once things open back up I'd be buying the tix anyhoo so I'd rather keep the expenditure as-is rather than having to save up again.