How long is PJ/Ticketmaster/Whoever going to hold my 2020 concert money?

13»

Comments

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    I have tickets that I bought on the F2F that have the refund option still available. 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    You will get nothing and like it
    Best response :lol:
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    SHZA said:
    PJPOWER said:
    kramer73 said:
    If there was no virus, you would have gone to the shows and still been out all that money?
    No, because I had sold them to another fan through the Ticketmaster system and had been reimbursed for them, but now that Ticketmaster issued them a refund on the tickets I sold them (pretty fucked up), they are sending me the invoice for that refund.  If I pay the invoice amount, the tickets will be back to me, but I cannot request a refund at that point due to the “event organizers” not approving them.  Pretty twisted in my opinion.  Only way to solve this at this point is for Pearl Jam to allow refunds again...
    I had a couple of fan2fan buyers get refunds that I was charged for but I was then able to get a refund myself once the tickets were back in my account. If the ones you sold were acquired from fan2fan or 10c then you should definitely be able to get a refund. Public sale maybe not 
    How long ago was that?  
    edited April 2021
    I have tickets that I bought on the F2F that have the refund option still available. 
    Yes, but if you requested a refund for those, the previous buyer that sold them to you will be billed for them and unable to get a refund, that’s where the issue is.
    Edit: Just checked again and the refund link is now active, so maybe this is now resolved.  Ticketmaster kept saying it was the bands fault, so who knows what’s happening...
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJPOWER said:
    Yes, but if you requested a refund for those, the previous buyer that sold them to you will be billed for them and unable to get a refund, that’s where the issue is.
    Edit: Just checked again and the refund link is now active, so maybe this is now resolved.  Ticketmaster kept saying it was the bands fault, so who knows what’s happening...
    I have 3 pairs of tickets that I sold on F2F, including one pair from the original general sale. If people start asking for refunds, I will be in the same boat.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    One thing that is for sure is the Ticketmaster CSRs never seem to have the facts straight on these matters.  That is almost definitely a result of bad communication within the TM org and the agents not necessarily having the correct info.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,075
    PJPOWER said:
    SHZA said:
    PJPOWER said:
    kramer73 said:
    If there was no virus, you would have gone to the shows and still been out all that money?
    No, because I had sold them to another fan through the Ticketmaster system and had been reimbursed for them, but now that Ticketmaster issued them a refund on the tickets I sold them (pretty fucked up), they are sending me the invoice for that refund.  If I pay the invoice amount, the tickets will be back to me, but I cannot request a refund at that point due to the “event organizers” not approving them.  Pretty twisted in my opinion.  Only way to solve this at this point is for Pearl Jam to allow refunds again...
    I had a couple of fan2fan buyers get refunds that I was charged for but I was then able to get a refund myself once the tickets were back in my account. If the ones you sold were acquired from fan2fan or 10c then you should definitely be able to get a refund. Public sale maybe not 
    How long ago was that?  
    It was several months ago. But I still have refund links on the tickets in my account 
    PJPOWER said:
    I have 3 pairs of tickets that I sold on F2F, including one pair from the original general sale. If people start asking for refunds, I will be in the same boat.
    It’s crazy how they are doing it.  I never got a notification other than an invoice to my PayPal account that I owed $$$ because they refunded the other person.  Stupid business practice...but Ticketmaster is known for that...
    One thing that is for sure is the Ticketmaster CSRs never seem to have the facts straight on these matters.  That is almost definitely a result of bad communication within the TM org and the agents not necessarily having the correct info.  
    I should copy the customer support email that I received.  Talk about unprofessional...spelling errors, grammar errors, etc.  A ten year old could have typed it better.
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    It’s crazy how they are doing it.  I never got a notification other than an invoice to my PayPal account that I owed $$$ because they refunded the other person.  Stupid business practice...but Ticketmaster is known for that...
    I check my account every once in a while to see if it still shows 8 tickets, 6 sold. I keep thinking one day it will change. Maybe after they announce the new dates the people holding the tickets will decide to get a refund. I am actually surprised that at least one of the haven't already.
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I check my account every once in a while to see if it still shows 8 tickets, 6 sold. I keep thinking one day it will change. Maybe after they announce the new dates the people holding the tickets will decide to get a refund. I am actually surprised that at least one of the haven't already.
    I hope they don’t for your sake!  Pearl Jam’s ticket system was a mess, but I sure wish they hadn’t used Ticketmaster....for a lot of reasons.
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I hope they don’t for your sake!  Pearl Jam’s ticket system was a mess, but I sure wish they hadn’t used Ticketmaster....for a lot of reasons.
    If I understand it correctly, if they revert back to me, I can apply for a refund as well as long as I bought them F2F. The pair I bought off of the general sale and then sold F2F I am not so sure of how TM is handling them. 
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    They should be able to tour the US in the fall. We are close to universal vaccine availability already and by that point we are looking at anybody who wants a vaccine can get one. They can either ask for proof of vaccination or let you risk it if you spurn the vax. It is a free country after all.

I suppose it's different for people coming from another country but there are plenty of us Americans to fill up the arenas.

I'm happy for them to keep my money so I can go to the Baltimore show when it happens. Happy to have guaranteed tickets.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16