Options

How long is PJ/Ticketmaster/Whoever going to hold my 2020 concert money?

Comments

• Options
    AnjarAnjar UK Posts: 42
    jjflash said:
    demetrios said:
    Not sure how long but I don't mind the wait.
    +1. Once things open back up I'd be buying the tix anyhoo so I'd rather keep the expenditure as-is rather than having to save up again.
    I agree. I see the Europe refund deadline has been extended to 1 May. Things are just so uncertain in Europe at the moment, with 21 June set as the earliest that large events will be allowed in UK, and earliest we can travel abroad is 17 May. I hope things will be better by June and that it is safe for the shows to go ahead. 
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 650
    demetrios said:
    Not sure how long but I don't mind the wait.
    Agree 100%  I'll sit on them  until the time is right.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    I got the vaccine a week ago Sunday....by May/June millions will have been vaccinated.

It's time to get back to normal.  I have great tix for both Oakland shows and if they cancel I will light myself on fire.
    what a waste of a vaccine. 

oh, and put me in your will for that Winnipeg poster. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    Worst case scenario, contact your credit card company or bank.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    pthomn said:
    I bet this guy goes to his first show, drinks way too much beer, throws up on himself and misses the entire concert. 

lets go wussies!
    Hahaha 
    Awesome!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,426
    Play Leash you Wussies!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,476
    I got the vaccine a week ago Sunday....by May/June millions will have been vaccinated.

It's time to get back to normal.  I have great tix for both Oakland shows and if they cancel I will light myself on fire.

Curiously, the Rage Against The Machine tour is still scheduled for June in Oakland. Alameda County is on a tier system as far as allowing venues to reopen. The Oakland A's will be allowed to have 20% capacity at their home opener on April 1 (but this is the outdoor Coliseum, not the indoor Arena). It will be interesting to see if the RATM shows go forward (doubtful at this point).
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,426
    Rage Against The Vaccine. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    Pit beers on OP when this shit does open up.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    on2legs said:
    Rage Against Partial Capacity
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    on2legs said:
    Rage Against Showing Up For 50% Of Our Usual Net
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,231
    edited March 2021
    Just as the cancellations of tours, sporting events, conventions, etc. went viral last March it would be wonderful to see a similar snowball effect of announcements leading things back to normal based on the schedule for the vaccine rollout across the US. I would not be surprised if PJ are one of the first to announce new dates that are reasonable and follow through on them. They demonstrated sound judgement when cancelling and we need a tug boat captain to help turn this ship of uncertainty around. 
    Post edited by CO278952 on
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,231
    edited March 2021
    I guess the song is Love Boat Captain but you get the idea 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Tug Boat Captain
    Take the reigns
    Push us towards the pier.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,151
    tdawe said:
    on2legs said:
    It's that, and Rage are generally high energy shows.   I couldn't imagine the experience of Rage show would be anywhere near optimal to 50% attendace and lack of of pit?

I feel that way for a lot of big bands.   The crowd is often just as key as the band.   When you've got a really good band, and the audience has a deep connection to all the songs, it brings out an amzing concert experience.

I can imagine a reduced capacity venue would have the same kind of energy as a big sold out show where everyone's into.

Plus 50% attendance might not mean 50% pay.   Renting the venue, paying staff, paying roadies, that stuff might all be similar regardless of how many tickets you sell.  If you're overhead is 20% of the revenue, and then you only get 50% of the revenue, but still have to pay the original 20%, you're only going to get 30%.

If I was a big band, I'd probably wait for full capacity for both monetary reasons and not wanting to deliver subpar shows reasons.

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,201
    tdawe said:
    on2legs said:
    This ^^
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    Zod said:
    tdawe said:
    on2legs said:
    It's that, and Rage are generally high energy shows.   I couldn't imagine the experience of Rage show would be anywhere near optimal to 50% attendace and lack of of pit?

I feel that way for a lot of big bands.   The crowd is often just as key as the band.   When you've got a really good band, and the audience has a deep connection to all the songs, it brings out an amzing concert experience.

I can imagine a reduced capacity venue would have the same kind of energy as a big sold out show where everyone's into.

Plus 50% attendance might not mean 50% pay.   Renting the venue, paying staff, paying roadies, that stuff might all be similar regardless of how many tickets you sell.  If you're overhead is 20% of the revenue, and then you only get 50% of the revenue, but still have to pay the original 20%, you're only going to get 30%.

If I was a big band, I'd probably wait for full capacity for both monetary reasons and not wanting to deliver subpar shows reasons.

I don’t disagree with any of this. All are very valid reasons for a band to not want to play a sub-capacity show. But if those are your reasons, all you have to say is...nothing. You don’t have to claim it has something to do with not wanting to “sell out”. 
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 719
    I only had LA night 2 ticket at the LA Forum. I have not sought out or desire a refund. I will wait until the LA show is rescheduled sometime in 2022. But for me, there's Ohana. 
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,151
    tdawe said:
    Zod said:
    tdawe said:
    on2legs said:

I don’t disagree with any of this. All are very valid reasons for a band to not want to play a sub-capacity show. But if those are your reasons, all you have to say is...nothing. You don’t have to claim it has something to do with not wanting to “sell out”. 

That's true.  All you really need to is say "We like the experience of playing in front of a full audience of our fans.  We are waiting to reschedule until that is possible" kind of thing.

Back to rest of the thread. I'm think we might see concert announcements start to happen when the vaccine's hit critical mass and the virus shows signs of slowing down.   Anything before then, could go sideways (if something stupid happens like a vaccine resistant variant, a major hurdle in vaccine production, etc..).   Once we see the vaccine's are having a noticible impact, I think (or at least hope) it's game on.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I would imagine the comment was made, in part, from frustration. Nobody in this discussion makes a living as a pro-musician, but maybe a few of us who have been furloughed or laid off during this pandemic could understand a bit better some of Rage’s point of view here. A little empathy goes a long way. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    So Ticketmaster claims it is the band’s discretion as to whether or not to issue refunds.  I feel that they should all refunds through Ticketmaster at this point since it has now been over a year since the original concert.  The issue I’m running into is that I did the fan2fan sell on a couple tickets through Ticketmaster and the person I sold it to requested a refund.  Per Ticketmaster policy, I am responsible for paying for that refund even though they are not allowing them due to the event organizers (Pearl Jam) not allowing them.  It’s time...
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    edited April 2021
    PJPOWER said:
    So Ticketmaster claims it is the band’s discretion as to whether or not to issue refunds.  I feel that they should all refunds through Ticketmaster at this point since it has now been over a year since the original concert.  The issue I’m running into is that I did the fan2fan sell on a couple tickets through Ticketmaster and the person I sold it to requested a refund.  Per Ticketmaster policy, I am responsible for paying for that refund even though they are not allowing them due to the event organizers (Pearl Jam) not allowing them.  It’s time...
    Do you not have an option to get a refund as well or is that not an option for the original buyer in the public sale? If they are 10C tickets you can get a refund for sure.

No fucking way they waited this long just to cancel it all. Not going to happen imo. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,602
    If there was no virus, you would have gone to the shows and still been out all that money?
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Do you not have an option to get a refund as well or is that not an option for the original buyer in the public sale? If they are 10C tickets you can get a refund for sure.

No fucking way they waited this long just to cancel it all. Not going to happen imo. 
    No option for a refund.  It was through the Ticketmaster early sale.
  • Options
    kramer73 said:
    If there was no virus, you would have gone to the shows and still been out all that money?
    No, because I had sold them to another fan through the Ticketmaster system and had been reimbursed for them, but now that Ticketmaster issued them a refund on the tickets I sold them (pretty fucked up), they are sending me the invoice for that refund.  If I pay the invoice amount, the tickets will be back to me, but I cannot request a refund at that point due to the “event organizers” not approving them.  Pretty twisted in my opinion.  Only way to solve this at this point is for Pearl Jam to allow refunds again...
  • Options

Curiously, the Rage Against The Machine tour is still scheduled for June in Oakland. Alameda County is on a tier system as far as allowing venues to reopen. The Oakland A's will be allowed to have 20% capacity at their home opener on April 1 (but this is the outdoor Coliseum, not the indoor Arena). It will be interesting to see if the RATM shows go forward (doubtful at this point).
    I hate to put a wet blanket on the RATM concert occurring this June in Oakland---but......this is from their web page:
    THE RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE TOUR WILL NOW START IN THE SPRING OF 2022. YOUR TICKETS WILL BE HONORED FOR THE POSTPONED SHOWS. ANYONE WHO WANTS A REFUND CAN DO SO AT YOUR POINT OF PURCHASE FOR 30 DAYS. WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT YEAR.
    BRAD, TIM, TOM AND ZACK

2022.....a year + from now....continue the discussion
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,201
    PJPOWER said:
    kramer73 said:
    No, because I had sold them to another fan through the Ticketmaster system and had been reimbursed for them, but now that Ticketmaster issued them a refund on the tickets I sold them (pretty fucked up), they are sending me the invoice for that refund.  If I pay the invoice amount, the tickets will be back to me, but I cannot request a refund at that point due to the “event organizers” not approving them.  Pretty twisted in my opinion.  Only way to solve this at this point is for Pearl Jam to allow refunds again...
    If the fan to fan buyer was allowed to return them to you at a time when you were not allowed to return them to Ticketmaster that would not seem fair.  If the buyer returned them to you during the window that you could have returned them to TM but you decided not to then it would seem more fair.  The second scenario happened to me and I decided that was destiny for me to attend the show in question after all and I just kept it.  Chances are fan to fan will reopen when there are new dates, which would hopefully allow you to sell it again, and/or maybe there will be a new refund window offered when new dates come out.  That is uncertain.  In any case, good luck.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    kramer73 said:
    If the fan to fan buyer was allowed to return them to you at a time when you were not allowed to return them to Ticketmaster that would not seem fair.  If the buyer returned them to you during the window that you could have returned them to TM but you decided not to then it would seem more fair.  The second scenario happened to me and I decided that was destiny for me to attend the show in question after all and I just kept it.  Chances are fan to fan will reopen when there are new dates, which would hopefully allow you to sell it again, and/or maybe there will be a new refund window offered when new dates come out.  That is uncertain.  In any case, good luck.
    Thanks, it’s not going to put me on the curb, but annoying for sure.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,172
    PJPOWER said:
    kramer73 said:
    I had a couple of fan2fan buyers get refunds that I was charged for but I was then able to get a refund myself once the tickets were back in my account. If the ones you sold were acquired from fan2fan or 10c then you should definitely be able to get a refund. Public sale maybe not 
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,476

I hate to put a wet blanket on the RATM concert occurring this June in Oakland---but......this is from their web page:
    THE RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE TOUR WILL NOW START IN THE SPRING OF 2022. YOUR TICKETS WILL BE HONORED FOR THE POSTPONED SHOWS. ANYONE WHO WANTS A REFUND CAN DO SO AT YOUR POINT OF PURCHASE FOR 30 DAYS. WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT YEAR.
    BRAD, TIM, TOM AND ZACK

2022.....a year + from now....continue the discussion

Seems in line with what Stone said in the recent interview. A few shows this fall/winter and then the rescheduled dates next spring.