Options

Cancelled!

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    i heard we are supposed to cancel taylor swift and travis kelce now.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    i heard we are supposed to cancel taylor swift and travis kelce now.
    We couldn't be so lucky. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334
    edited September 2023
    Kelce might damn near make all of maga's heads explode:

Doing ads for Bud Lite
    Doing ads for Phizer flu/covid vacine
    Dating (okay, doing) Taylor Swift, who's a Biden supporter

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,860
    Kelce might damn near make all of maga's heads explode:

Doing ads for Bud Lite
    Doing ads for Phizer flu/covid vacine
    Dating (okay, doing) Taylor Swift, who's a Biden supporter

all he needs to do now is kneel. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,932
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,296
    ^^^^ That guy is awesome.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    https://www.tmz.com/2023/10/02/trevor-bauer-lindsey-hill-agree-settle-lawsuits-against-each-other-dodges-defamation-battery-accusations/

I gotta say, it's shit like this that makes me hesitate to "believe all women". this bitch nearly ruined this guy's life. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,296
    https://www.tmz.com/2023/10/02/trevor-bauer-lindsey-hill-agree-settle-lawsuits-against-each-other-dodges-defamation-battery-accusations/

I gotta say, it's shit like this that makes me hesitate to "believe all women". this bitch nearly ruined this guy's life. 

Speaking as an official woman, maybe "listen to all women" is better? Or "believe women" minus the "all"? I know people who have been falsely accused of assault. I know far, far more people who have been assaulted. As you probably know, for years when women would accuse men of assault or inappropriate behavior, they were waved off and ignored or, if a powerful figure was involved, they were advised to remain silent to avoid jeopardizing their own futures and the interests of the powerful person and their hangers-on. Actually, this is still happening.

Allegations need to be investigated and taken seriously. The accused are entitled to the presumption of innocence -- and I hope that people who are falsely accused out of malice take action against the person making false claims.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    I didn't see where she said he didn't do it, just that she agreed to cancel her lawsuit if he cancelled his. 
    Not sure how this means she is lying.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,023
    I didn't see where she said he didn't do it, just that she agreed to cancel her lawsuit if he cancelled his. 
    True. Could easily mean he has more money to keep fighting a lawsuit and she doesn’t.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,258
    Did you watch his video?
    He reveals some of her text messages from before they met which show her plan to get his money. Plus, he showed selfie video she took the morning after the alleged assault. Sure looks like she made the whole thing up.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Did you watch his video?
    He reveals some of her text messages from before they met which show her plan to get his money. Plus, he showed selfie video she took the morning after the alleged assault. Sure looks like she made the whole thing up.
    It sure does. Imagine having your life ruined by someone like that. Reputation destroyed. Basically he got kicked out of MLB without any formal charges. Here's a link to his video...

https://x.com/BauerOutage/status/1708904525724270659?s=20
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

Speaking as an official woman, maybe "listen to all women" is better? Or "believe women" minus the "all"? I know people who have been falsely accused of assault. I know far, far more people who have been assaulted. As you probably know, for years when women would accuse men of assault or inappropriate behavior, they were waved off and ignored or, if a powerful figure was involved, they were advised to remain silent to avoid jeopardizing their own futures and the interests of the powerful person and their hangers-on. Actually, this is still happening.

Allegations need to be investigated and taken seriously. The accused are entitled to the presumption of innocence -- and I hope that people who are falsely accused out of malice take action against the person making false claims.

agreed.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    the video and the text messages are incredibly damning. no doubt in my mind he's innocent. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    the video and the text messages are incredibly damning. no doubt in my mind he's innocent. 
    I would be interested to hear her side, see if there is anything to give context to those quotes that are shown to us line by line in such an odd fashion woth no names, no lines before/after. Etc....or if that video was indeed (from her side) from the the morning following her alleged assault.

I don't trust him based on his past history of being a total assclown, and past allegations, but it would appear he was targeted and attacked by this lady.

That sucks and hurts all victims when people do this 

I'd have to see more than I saw for there to be no doubt in my mind, with Trevor Baeur being the person in question.
  • Options
    Bud Light - signed to once again be the official beer of the UFC

So, do the UFC fans (have to assume a very high percentage are right wingers) now boycott UFC for joining forces with a brand that supported trans people?
  • Options

So, do the UFC fans (have to assume a very high percentage are right wingers) now boycott UFC for joining forces with a brand that supported trans people?
    most american UFC fans barely know how to tie their shoes. everywhere else? they might have an issue with it. the real test for that would be in south america. but I don't know if Bud's sponsorship is worldwide or just in the US. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

• Options

oh. recently kid rock said they've learned their lesson. .....

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,082
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,162

This lady had no business holding any Ivy League degree, let alone being president of Harvard.

For those who have been victimized by DEI, it’s dangerous and deplorable.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,520
    How do you figure? 
  • Options
    How do you figure? 

she canceled herself. this was over 5-6 instances of plagarism. she was safe after the hearing.

• Options
    edited January 3
    How do you figure? 

This lady had no business holding any Ivy League degree, let alone being president of Harvard.

So, if you believe in free speech then what she said, which didn't condemn nor promote it, should be an acceptable answer.  "in context" was what the board didn't like.  She could have answered it better but I understood where she was coming from.  I also understand it is a loaded topic.  Too bad the Asian communities weren't afforded this amount of support when they were being attacked.

The Alex Jones thing was tongue in cheek.  He was libel and an idiot.  He deserves to be cancelled.

As far as her being the president of a prestigious university?  I don't know.  Do I think everyone is trying to be diverse rather than have the best candidate?  Probably.
  • Options
    How do you figure? 

So, if you believe in free speech then what she said, which didn't condemn nor promote it, should be an acceptable answer.  "in context" was what the board didn't like.  She could have answered it better but I understood where she was coming from.  I also understand it is a loaded topic.  Too bad the Asian communities weren't afforded this amount of support when they were being attacked.

The Alex Jones thing was tongue in cheek.  He was libel and an idiot.  He deserves to be cancelled.

As far as her being the president of a prestigious university?  I don't know.  Do I think everyone is trying to be diverse rather than have the best candidate?  Probably.
    I honestly haven't been paying that much attention to the Harvard story... if she wasn't honest or faked some credentials and is now facing consequences for that, then that's a good thing. 

I'm all for people in positions of leadership, like presidents for example, being held accountable for their actions. Aren't we all? 

I didn't get the Alex Jones comment, but I don't pay attention to him too much... I just know he's one of the biggest pieces of shit on the planet. 
  • Options
    How do you figure? 

I honestly haven't been paying that much attention to the Harvard story... if she wasn't honest or faked some credentials and is now facing consequences for that, then that's a good thing. 

I'm all for people in positions of leadership, like presidents for example, being held accountable for their actions. Aren't we all? 

I didn't get the Alex Jones comment, but I don't pay attention to him too much... I just know he's one of the biggest pieces of shit on the planet. 
    Basically universities were being asked, this to Gay directly, "is calling for the genocide of Jews constitute harassment on your campus?"  The thing was that it wasn't being done on their campus'.  It was hypothetical and asked hypothetically.

She was a target.  She was already investigated about plagiarism and was found to be innocent of any severe wrongdoing. I do agree that they should be held accountable.

The Jones comment was tongue in cheek like I said.  He was libel so he rightfully got sued.  He did ruin peoples lives.
  • Options
    How do you figure? 

The Jones comment was tongue in cheek like I said.  He was libel so he rightfully got sued.  He did ruin peoples lives.

Yeah... fuck that guy. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,023
    How do you figure? 

Wasn't her defense at the hearing basically that as long as you don't act on it, and if it isn't to the point of harassment, then hate speech was okay? I disagree that aligns with freedom of speech. School campuses and work places should, and typically do, have limits on speech and not just actions. I don't know why she couldn't just say antisemitic speech is wrong, and keep circling back to the context.